Become a Patron!

Praxis Spitfire vs. Council of Vapor Vengeance

I have been looking at getting the CoV Vengeance for sometime now but wanted to wait for the spitfire to come out. Both are supposed to be great flavor tanks. Does any one have any experience with BOTH? small budget and can only afford one. I'm sure either would be great but want to get best bang for my buck. All opinions welcome good and bad.

dustinzinnj

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Honestly I can't speak for the Spitfire, but the Vengeance is amazing. It only holds about 2.5ml, so that stinks. Flavor is best I've tried other than a dripper. (I own the subtank mini, Velocity, Kennedy, Mutation v3, Squape Reloaded clone currently). I always have my vengeance with me, I always end up back at it again. They only make one coil type currently, .2 Ohms. No word on any other types coming out eventually.

YMMV

dustinzinnj

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No problem. Also, side note. I've heard of wicking issues with the coils.. I've had no issues with 3 coils now on 90vg/10pg Cereal Killa from 9s (same place i got the tank).

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vengeance tank is bar none the best flavor tank I have ever used. I love my bellus. I love my crown and TFV4. But this tank is a dripper. Honest. It is short enough from the coil to the drip tip that you get max flavor like a dripper. It is wide bore. It has a few drawbacks though.

It has a proprietary drip tip
I cannot get more than about 3.5 mm of juice in the tank
It guzzles juice at an alarming rate
No info on the coils - are they kanthal or SS?
Occasional bad coil

It has some pros too
Amazing flavor
You can find coils for 20 dollars for a TEN pack
Bottom fill ( yes a pro because it does not leak)
One of the best looking tanks out there - short and beautiful

I vape this at 60 watts on any of my devices with no dry hits. The wicking is just great. On their CoV facebook page they say they are good up to 100 watts. I find a 100 watts too hot with that drip tip. I find over 70 watts the flavor starts to decline. The sweet spot for me is between 55 - 65 watts.

You can take the tank apart. The threads, the o-rings, the pyrex glass - all top notch. It is 22 mm and it is SS construction. If I broke or lost my tank would I purchase another tank? Hell yes.

Vengeance tank is bar none the best flavor tank I have ever used. I love my bellus. I love my crown and TFV4. But this tank is a dripper. Honest. It is short enough from the coil to the drip tip that you get max flavor like a dripper. It is wide bore. It has a few drawbacks though.

It has a proprietary drip tip
I cannot get more than about 3.5 mm of juice in the tank
It guzzles juice at an alarming rate
No info on the coils - are they kanthal or SS?
Occasional bad coil

It has some pros too
Amazing flavor
You can find coils for 20 dollars for a TEN pack
Bottom fill ( yes a pro because it does not leak)
One of the best looking tanks out there - short and beautiful

I vape this at 60 watts on any of my devices with no dry hits. The wicking is just great. On their CoV facebook page they say they are good up to 100 watts. I find a 100 watts too hot with that drip tip. I find over 70 watts the flavor starts to decline. The sweet spot for me is between 55 - 65 watts.

You can take the tank apart. The threads, the o-rings, the pyrex glass - all top notch. It is 22 mm and it is SS construction. If I broke or lost my tank would I purchase another tank? Hell yes.
Thanks...im doin it...going to get the vengeance...here I gooooo........

Soundslikesight

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ditto on the vengeance. It's a brilliant tank. The flavor is outstanding and the coils have a very short break in period. Break in is just a nice way of saying they use shit ass cotton and can be a total deal breaker for me. So I was glad when the thing tasted delicious after a half dozen hits.
Plus the coils are so cheap!!! Myfreedomsmokes has em for $16 for a freakin 10 pack. It's bonkers.
I see above someone mentioned hearing of wicking issues and that is one thing I have experienced a little bit of. With 6 wick ports you'd think not but of the 3 coils I've used 1 I fried in half a day and another was a little suspect so I ditched it. hoping it's a problem they resolve soon because it's a killer tank.

Aside from the obvious positives I've found its perfect in departments I usually don't consider. The wicks touch the bottom of the tank so you don't waste a ml of juice when changing alla subtank mini. Also it's easy as hell to wipe clean when changing flavors. All flat surfaces inside unlike something like the Atlantis 1 for instance. It's really great anywho.... Anyone else experience wicking issues at all though?

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I feel i must speak a bit about the Spitfire.

First of all, if you are like me and use mainly single battery devices, this is one of the best tanks in that "category", if you will. Sensible ~40w is more than enough for 0.5 coils, and at that wattage you get moist and dense clouds with good flavor. Coilheads have very little to none breaking in period, and they are very consistent in quality, something that cant be said for all tanks. Machining is solid, everything fits nicely. Its a quality device that delivers nice flavor without having to pump 80+ watts to it.

VU Sponsors