Become a Patron!

Profile RDA replacement 510 pin/screw

ryan.s

Member For 4 Years
IMG_0425 - Copy.JPG Anyone know where I can buy a replacement 510 screw for the profile rda? The head broke off the screw on one of my profile rda's. It's the larger screw that the smaller squonk or solid screw screws into from the bottom. Did an initial search on the web and couldn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

View attachment 155412

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 155413 Anyone know where I can buy a replacement 510 screw for the profile rda? The head broke off the screw on one of my profile rda's. It's the larger screw that the smaller squonk or solid screw screws into from the bottom. Did an initial search on the web and couldn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

View attachment 155412
PM me your address and i'll throw one in an envelope for you.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still looking for a screw, thanks!
Fwiw you can go to home Depot..find the metric screws,,, I don't know anything about that atty,,, but most use mm2.5 (thick) screws ,,, go look at all of them, pay attention to thread pitch,,, the worst case you end up buying a screw a little long that you may have to use a hack saw to shorten.. some attys are foregiving on this issue... Also,, look at 2.5 mm threaded rods.

Same notes if pin is 2mm

Metric screws are near the little baggy screws,,often in drawers.- be "flexible'

ryan.s

Member For 4 Years
Fwiw you can go to home Depot..find the metric screws,,, I don't know anything about that atty,,, but most use mm2.5 (thick) screws ,,, go look at all of them, pay attention to thread pitch,,, the worst case you end up buying a screw a little long that you may have to use a hack saw to shorten.. some attys are foregiving on this issue... Also,, look at 2.5 mm threaded rods.

Same notes if pin is 2mm

Metric screws are near the little baggy screws,,often in drawers.- be "flexible'
Thanks for the suggestion but the screw is a step down design meaning it has 2 different diameters. If you look closely at the picture you can see that one end is thicker than the other.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks, I tried that link already and was unable to process the order.
Its been a couple months, but I ordered replacement squonk pins for the profile without issue from the page I linked. Maybe try emailing them about it?

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
fwiw,, 'squonk pins' are called 'vented cap screws' or vented screws in the ultrafine electrical world,, where they control gasses etc.

VU Sponsors