Become a Patron!

Pulled over for vaping

gillianvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So last night I decided to run down to MacDonald for a snack at 1 am. Wile exiting the drive-thru I was pulled over by an Alaskan State trooper in the MacDonald's parking lot because he thought I was smoking dope in my rig. After I announced I had my conceal carry he pulls me out of my car and proceeds to run the guns S/N and requests that I allow him to search the car for drugs. After 20 min of the search and him not finding crap he proceeds to interrogate me for another 30 min about vaping just generally waste my time. The sob even took a sample of my juice and ran it though his nik kit.

Any one else have this happen? I don't have a police record at all hell this was the second time in my 19 years of driving I've ever even been stopped by a cop I would expect that alone would put me on their good side's.

To tell the truth I really was more pissed off for the wasted time IE cold food than the stop but still.

I just talked to a guy yesterday that was pulled because a cop thought he was smoking pot. The cop let him go once he realized it was vape and told the guy to crack his window when he's vaping.

Mixer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was vaping in my back yard while taking my dogs out late one night around midnight. A police was patroling the street.. He Stoped backed up pulled into the parking lot and aproached me. He said He thought there was a fire because of all the "smoke" . I took a drag and explanded to him that there was no smoke it was vapor. He just chuckled looked at me a little weird and said I should be carefull or some one might call the fire department.!

Reactions: Myk

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think it all depends on the cop, some are just out to make a name for them selves, [ASSHOLES]

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My nephew is a cop and he is very informed to vaping, they aren't stupid, they have meetings just like all the rest of us that give us the news of the week and are PERFECTLY FUCKING AWARE what vaping is all about.....

If a cop is pulling people over for vapor hes an idiot and just looking for an excuse which is the same thing for pulling someone over for smoking an analog....oooohhh this fucking thread is pissing me off.....can't stop clicking on it....must stop.....

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, you've got this cop harassing a vaper at McDonalds and down the street some shady character is breaking in, stabbing someone and raping there daughter. HMMM, Why don't the cops focus on real crime instead of looking for an easy mark?

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have always thought of some uneducated one using their cell phone to call a vaper in as someone smoking drugs

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If the pig is to fucking lazy to find real crime then he needs fired before he winds up dead or getting some other officer actually doing their job killed.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Freemind, i could literally break down that whole stop from what the op wrote to assist your understanding about how law enforcement works and whats reasonable versus unreasonable. However, its unfortunate that I am not a miracle worker. I just cant fix stupid. There's really nothing left to say at this point.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

I'm afraid you're the stupid one.

A visual puff of smoke or vapor is not probable cause. It is not evidence of anything. Probable means "likely to be the case or to happen." A visual puff of vapor or smoke is not likely to be a drug. It's more likely to be a cigarette or vapor. Probable cause exists when there is a fair probability that a search will result in evidence of a crime being discovered.

Probable cause would be the odor of weed. If it smells like weed, it's likely weed.

The cop asked for permission to search. He asked for permission because he didn't have probable cause.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You consent or they impound here and apply for a search warrant or haven't you been watching Alaska state troopers? I don't need or want that kind of trouble I have nothing to hide or conceal. Hell I even keep my car clean so it was a quick check lol.

I'll just recommend that you watch this;

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll bet that McDonalds is a goldmine of shady activity at 1am.
I believe most police use a common-sense based investigative technique called The Duck Principle...

Cops use a numbers based investigation technique called "Slot Machine".

They make up bullshit excuses to pull over as many people as they can until they hit a jackpot.
slotmachine.gif

Last edited:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My advice... Stop quacking. And stay outta the duck pond. ;)

Stick your advice in your ass. I go where and when I want. Like a free person.

If your masters have you too skeered to go pick up a McChicken sandwich at night, by all means, lock your doors and stay home.

2894451883_d5c7a008bd_z.jpg

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Calm down princess.
Yes,... you're very tuff. Shocking that any cop would pull you over.
icon_slap2.gif

#DumbassLivesMatter!
I think you just scored what cops call... a hat trick.

Tuff has nothing to do with it.

I grew up being taught that I lived in a free country and that as long as I wasn't breaking any laws, I would not be persecuted. Now, I'm not so naive to believe that that is the way things are but as a constitutionalist and libertarian, I do assert my constitutional and god given rights to not let agents of the government persecute me based primarily on my location at any given moment.

It also has nothing to do with black lives matter. It only has to do with being left the fuck alone while I mind my own fucking business. It's a very simple concept. Don't worry, you're not alone. Hitlers "supreme" race didn't get the concept either. It's an easy one to not understand if you're not the one getting fucked with for no good reason. :D

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is an outright lie. I was never cool.

You're probably right, but that's what I thought at the time. Never knew you was into having us plebes under the tight control of the government masters though.

My bad, I should have asked. :oops:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So last night I decided to run down to MacDonald for a snack at 1 am. Wile exiting the drive-thru I was pulled over by an Alaskan State trooper in the MacDonald's parking lot because he thought I was smoking dope in my rig. After I announced I had my conceal carry he pulls me out of my car and proceeds to run the guns S/N and requests that I allow him to search the car for drugs. After 20 min of the search and him not finding crap he proceeds to interrogate me for another 30 min about vaping just generally waste my time. The sob even took a sample of my juice and ran it though his nik kit.

Any one else have this happen? I don't have a police record at all hell this was the second time in my 19 years of driving I've ever even been stopped by a cop I would expect that alone would put me on their good side's.

To tell the truth I really was more pissed off for the wasted time IE cold food than the stop but still.
Sorry that happened to you I could tell a long ass story but I will just say its happened to be twice once while walking the other while driving both Vaping Max Vg.. big clouds musta looked like I was toking

MrGrimR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm afraid you're the stupid one.

A visual puff of smoke or vapor is not probable cause. It is not evidence of anything. Probable means "likely to be the case or to happen." A visual puff of vapor or smoke is not likely to be a drug. It's more likely to be a cigarette or vapor. Probable cause exists when there is a fair probability that a search will result in evidence of a crime being discovered.

Probable cause would be the odor of weed. If it smells like weed, it's likely weed.

The cop asked for permission to search. He asked for permission because he didn't have probable cause.
Ok, so I can tell that you are one of those guys that watches tv and all of a sudden your an expert. I bet you watched all the CSI's and then tell people how crime scenes are investigated.
Secondly we aren't talking about a puff we are talking about fucking clouds. I can sit in my car with my windows up and take a few pulls off of my subtank and then open the doors. It looks like I am fucking baking in my car. If you actually read my previous posts you will notice that I said that it isn't about your fucking perception its about the cops. Your perception doesn't matter and if it did nobody would be given a ticket or go to jail. A cop can pull you over because they think you are smoking pot based on the plume not "puff" coming from your vehicle. After that when they walk up to your vehicle and see your tank, they may very well think it is drug paraphernalia. Guess what if at that moment that is what they think it is, there is your probable cause. It doesn't matter what you think. If an officer can articulate his/her actions in a report and it is reasonable than they can do said actions. And yes you can search a vehicle based on view, its called the plain view doctrine. And just so I make sure I am super clear here, going from reasonable suspicion to probable cause is a two way street. It can go back and forth based on new information/facts that the officer perceives while conducting the detention.

I feel like I need to hold your hand right now.

Last edited:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, so I can tell that you are one of those guys that watches tv and all of a sudden your an expert. I bet you watched all the CSI's and then tell people how crime scenes are investigated.
Secondly we aren't talking about a puff we are talking about fucking clouds. I can sit in my car with my windows up and take a few pulls off of my subtank and then open the doors. It looks like I am fucking baking in my car. If you actually read my previous posts you will notice that I said that it isn't about your fucking perception its about the cops. Your perception doesn't matter and if it did nobody would be given a ticket or go to jail. A cop can pull you over because they think you are smoking pot based on the plume not "puff" coming from your vehicle. After that when they walk up to your vehicle and see your tank, they may very well think it is drug paraphernalia. Guess what if at that moment that is what they think it is, there is your probable cause. It doesn't matter what you think. If an officer can articulate his/her actions in a report and it is reasonable than they can do said actions. And yes you can search a vehicle based on view, its called the plain view doctrine. And just so I make sure I am super clear here, going from reasonable suspicion to probable cause is a two way street. It can go back and forth based on new information/facts that the officer perceives while conducting the detention.

I feel like I need to hold your hand right now.

:rolleyes:

Don't touch my hand. If you feel you need to hold something, my cock is right here.

I've been practicing the "keep my fucking mouth shut and never consent" for a few years now. Despite some cops requesting backup when I get pulled over because they "think you have something to hide" when I politely tell them I don't answer questions, I have never had my vehicle searched or my juice tested. The reason I have never had my vehicle searched despite 3-4 cruisers lined up behind me is because they don't have fucking probable cause. They don't smell weed. They don't smell booze. Dogs don't alert on my vehicle. And, I don't fucking say anything so they can't use that either.

And your "cops perception" theory is bullshit too. In Illinois v. Gates, the Court favored a flexible approach, viewing probable cause as a "practical, non-technical" standard that calls upon the "factual and practical considerations of everyday life on which reasonable and prudent men act". It is no more reasonable nor prudent to assume the liquid in a tank is an illegal substance as it is reasonable or prudent to assume the leaves in a cigarette are an illegal substance. You need more. Smell, a person that presents as stoned(red eyed, etc.), bad driving, hiding the tank or something that's been said.

For the plain view doctrine to apply for discoveries the incriminating character of the object must be “immediately apparent.” A vapor device is not immediately apparent to contain an illegal substance. There still must be probable cause to believe that it does contain an illegal substance. A puff of vapor or even a fucking cloud of vapor is not probable cause. That's what a vapor device fucking does. You still need reason to believe it contains something other than nicotine and flavor. In other words Officer Barbrady, with the millions of people legally using vapor devices in the US, what makes you think this one was being used illegally?

So, while a puff of smoke or even a cloud may be a reasonable suspicion to pull me over, it's not fucking probable cause for a search or seizure. The 20 questions game(where are you going, etc) is specifically meant to illicit probable cause. This true no matter what you was pulled over for.

People that believe your line of bullshit get searched and overly harassed because they were misinformed by people like you. LE thrives off of an ignorant public that don't know their rights. I can see why you would push this false narrative. Police need the general public to remain ignorant and give up their rights of their own accord so that they will do as the OP did and consent. Your rhetoric is nothing more than an attempt to convince people that they may as well consent as your view is that anything can be considered probable cause which is just plain ridiculous. In your world, any vaper using anything but a closed system cigalike(vuse) can be searched without consent. As freemind said, BULLSHIT.

Personally, the first thing I do is turn on my cell camera and record the stop. Police, even those that self proclaim a deep belief in the christian god, often dismiss the 9th commandment. ;)

Last edited:

jonhs2703

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got pulled over and treated like a criminal because an officer thought that my IPV3 with a silver KFV4 looked like a gun...pointed into my mouth. Talk about fun...

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So the cops stake out a McDonalds and catch a guy vaping ...............what a crime wave ! Then spend 20 min. searching the dudes car . Meanwhile , a car with a guy smoking a Marlboro
drives by , but it's really weed laced with tar ****** ,now he thinks he's a Viking , looking for a home to rape and pillage . Shit ........Christ .... what happened to common sense . What a waste of time and money ! Did the sign say " burgers and pharmaceuticals" . Never mind holding a guy up for almost half an hour . That's a crappy way to treat someone . Rant over .

Last edited:

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So the cops stake out a McDonalds and catch a guy vaping ...............what a crime wave !

I think we can see how that neighborhood would be a bad crime area, the cops are avoiding messing around with the criminals.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wife followed me to and from the car stealer-ship to drop her car off (and pick it up) and said that it looked like I was smoking p*t from behind.

I don't know because I've never followed myself while vaping, and especially not with my higher wattage sub-ohm setup. I would imagine for a split second it'd maybe have some resemblance to p*t smoke. That is if you'd never seen p*t smoke or vapor whether firsthand or secondhand.

I know that there are juices now that contain condensed m*rijuana oil and THC, but even that would have the familiar and distinct m*rijuana smell.

Also the "using electronics while driving" is bogus. It takes less thought and conscious effort to stick my tank in my mouth and push a button than it ever took to light, successfully and non messily ash, and get rid of the smoldering butt without it flying back into the car. Although I had gotten pretty good at it with my 13 years of constant practice and training.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

vapelyfe90

Member For 4 Years

I had that happen to me haha i couldnt stop laughing

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors