Become a Patron!

Punk 220w firmware

Hi peeps. I did a fairly dumb thing. I spotted what I thought was a firmware update for the punk 220w. Turns out it was an update to the WYE, which was actually clearly stated on the website I used. Luckily the only changes seem to be a slight difference in the way it connects to a computer. Also the leds don’t work any more as the mod the firmware was meant for doesn’t have leds. It’s not the end of the world, but does anyone know where I can get the original firmware? The Teslacigs website is one pretty bad to navigate as it crashes every couple of clicks, and doesn’t appear to have any firmware available. I know this was dumb and could have killed my device. I got lucky but would like the led option back again if at all possible. Any help would be appreciated. I swear I will read stuff properly before updating firmware in future. Lesson learned.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I don't own the Tesla punk, but any update installer, should have a button on the bottom that let's you re roll to factory settings and/or erasing of latest updates. If you can grab the old software off the homepage, you should have no issues updating back from factory settings back to current.

But check for the "erase/delete latest update" first, because then you wouldn't have to update after. Maybe others can chime in and be more helpful, I'm just going by the basic " all installers" have that feature kind of thing.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @Moreconfusion and I hope you enjoy your stay!

I tried to access the Teslacigs website and the connection keeps resetting.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was actually able to finally get to the downloads page but I do not see any for the Punk. I would recommend contacting them directly to see if they can email it to you since I do not see any for your device.

GrayG70

Member For 1 Year
Unfortunatley, TESLA have not updated firmwares for that box as of yet, so, im afraid you are out of luck, You could try contacting them directly but as it was a user error its unlikely they will help. Your best option is to sit and wait to see if they ever release any updates then try re-flashing it.

I know it's resurrecting an old thread, but the only way to get the original firmware back, is to dump the firmware from the firmware chip on the board from the same vape using a programmer, and then program it your one with the dumped firmware.

VU Sponsors