Become a Patron!

Putting vape in pocket

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not as interesting as the other threads and everyone does it... Put my vape device in my pocket and left it on. I'm talking to myself... "what's that sizzle sound?" Damn... another brand new coil toast. Next day, same thing but trying to vape while texting. A few days later... yep, again while working on the car. 5 pack of coils doesn't last long (and the nasty scorched cotton taste :blech: )

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i learned that lessen the hard way back in the cart days i had a 14500 5v box mod that i left on and in pocket during a long movie after said movie the box was hot and the mod melted. im just glad that nothing worse happened. since then i am always sure to turn stuff off and remove batteries to a hard shell case when i go to the movies.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
This is why most mods have a fire lock. Use it?

My problem with putting my vape in a pocket is it almost inevitably falls over and the tank leaks.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Yep vape juice spot in embarrassing location :)
I don't put mine in my pants/jeans pockets. Both front pockets are otherwise occupied, anyway, and even my single-18650 eVic-VTC Mini plus one of my smaller atomizers would make for an uncomfortable fit. I'm talking about jacket pockets, in my case.

I suppose if I was wearing a pair of my Dockers that has a thigh pocket it would work. But then it'd be leak city for sure when I sat down, because then that pocket would go horizontal. I guess I need a shoulder holster for my vape
lol.gif

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't put mine in my pants/jeans pockets. Both front pockets are otherwise occupied, anyway, and even my single-18650 eVic-VTC Mini plus one of my smaller atomizers would make for an uncomfortable fit. I'm talking about jacket pockets, in my case.

I suppose if I was wearing a pair of my Dockers that has a thigh pocket it would work. But then it'd be leak city for sure when I sat down, because then that pocket would go horizontal. I guess I need a shoulder holster for my vape
lol.gif
I use a belt holster.
SAM_0270.JPG

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I don't carry anything out that cant fit in a shirt pocket, unless I know I won't be away from car for long periods.

CJ-3

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Unfortunately not all mods have a trigger lock. My mech tube doesn't. I ended up cutting a plastic disk to slide between the battery and the push button to keep it from firing in my pocket. A bit of a hassle to deal with so it stays for home use only.

Last edited:

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I always put mine in my pocket, but I always check that they’re off and double check.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Unfortunately not all mods have a trigger lock. My mech tube doesn't. I ended up cutting a plastic disk to slide between the battery and the push button to keep it from firing in my pocket. A bit of a hassle to deal with so it stays for home use only.
I nevrr take tubes on the go(or realy anything that isnt bf or have a tank tbh) so i didnt even think that end of it. Lol

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I do not carry vapes in my shirt pocket as they fall out when I bend over to pet a kitty. Causing both of us alarm and cursing.
My mod fell from my top pocket into a Hobart mixer full of brownie batter. Of course it was running at the time. Glad it was my Pulse. I washed it off in the pot sink. It was interesting fishing it out though. It was enough batter to make 200ish brownies. I was afraid to use the batter after. The bottle WAS FULL when it went in. Not so much comming out. Good times.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
My EDC is a Vapito Wall Crawler box mod.

When I am out and about, it shares a shirt front pocket with my cell phone.

As the fire button is on the side, self firing is not an issue.

However (and yes I know I can lock it) when I remove from the pocket to vape, the wattage is either 7 or 80 watts rather than my usual 45W

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Pico 75 with a DoggyStyle on it live in my left front pants pocket when I'm at work, along with a 10ml bottle of juice. The mod is never locked and has never fired by itself, and the tank only leaked slightly once when I didn't wick it properly. That's over about three years now. I do use a silicone sleeve on the mod. It's a fairly active job as I work in a couple of departments at Home Depot.

I like this setup so much I have what I hope is a lifetime supply of Picos and Doggies :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The mod is never locked and has never fired by itself

I pocket my MOD's all the time and never had a mishap with that but carrying it in my hand to the vehicle with other stuff like a bottle of water and whatnot has led to some OH Shit Flaming coil moments when I fired a 12W MAX Coil at 200 Watts~! LMFAO

As long as you can laugh about it and no one got hurt it is funny as hell a day or two later that is~!

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
5 clicks. Problem solved ;)

Othereise get in the habit of locking your mech. If that's not possible, it's the wrong mech for you .

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
5 clicks. Problem solved ;)

Othereise get in the habit of locking your mech. If that's not possible, it's the wrong mech for you .
The type of mechs that don't have a lock feature can─and in many cases do─still have adequate protection against accidental button presses, though. For example, if the button is a disc that screws all the way in so that it will be recessed a little bit into the bottom of a tube mech, and if the button throw is firm enough, you'll be literally hard pressed to get it to fire inside your pocket. That is, excepting only maybe if you keep other stuff crawling around at or near the bottom of this same pocket in such a way that stuff could end up touching against the disc.

Further, if the edge on the bottom of the tube is fairly sharp, then, especially if the mech is fairly heavy in weight, it can happen that it slowly but surely chews a hole in your pocket. Keeping a handkerchief or something similar at the bottom of your pocket can help to prevent that. It can't press the button in any way on any of my mechs, as all my mechs either use three very powerful heavy neodymium magnets or use a heavy spring. The only few exceptions to this are mechs that I never put in my pocket. I use a plastic food storage deep freezer bag that I wrap upside down around my mech when my coils are cold after I vape my RDA almost dry. It's just a simple three liter (about 3/4 US gallon) bag that's made from the clear PVC type of supple plastic foil and that doesn't have a ziploc or anything like that. Because I hold the bag upside down to put it over my mech the top of the bag wraps around and under my mech where the excess part of the bag crumples up so it acts as a cushion under my mech while at the same time also it keeps tiny specks of dust─coming off of the fabric that the inside of my pocket is made of─out of my RDA.

EDIT: Most of the time I put my plastic squeeze bottle of juice next to my tube mech to keep the mod upright, but if you do that you need to watch out that the sharp edge on the bottle's cap doesn't end up marring the mod or RDA so always remember to use your brain of course... else, you probably shouldn't be using a mech anyway in the first place. lol

Last edited:

VU Sponsors