Become a Patron!

Question about my batteries

Hello.Having recently brought a revenger x 220w I have a question regarding the rite batteries I should be using.This is the first mod I have brought that required externals.I ordered 2 sony vtc6 15 amp 3000mah. I was wondering what the wattage range I could safely fire the mod at. My current vape is a Istick 200w qc which I usually fire between 45-70 watts.
I have done alot of reading about batteries and charts the last day or so but havent found a answer. Eny help would be much appreciated.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
45-70 will certainly be safe,
With most coils you will be able to safely go above 100

You will be within stated amp limit of your battery at your mod's maximum wattage of 220 with any coils at 0.25 ohms and above

If you go below 0.25 ohms, the maximum recommended wattage for your batteries will get lower as your resistance of coils gets lower, but even at the minimum resistance of 0.1 ohm, you can go up to 90 watts. Hope this helps

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. I will be using the 0.2 coils. I'm not looking to push the batteries beyond what they can do it's just nice to know what the max wattage I can use just to keep everything safe.

I don't think Il need to go above 90 watts but it's good to know I won't need to buy the 30 amp batteries to do that. Thank you.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
AFAIK, and generally speaking: 30a cells are really more intended for mechs. I've used my 25R's in my Noisy Cricket v1 - but switched to VTC5a's for that mod. All of the cells can swap thru the istick 100w, istick tc100w, Vt133 dna mods or Gbox 200 - and do so.

Not sure why you select that resistance to work with, though. Premade coil-heads for some subohm tank, I presume.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
45-70 will certainly be safe,
No, it will certainly NOT be safe. Lithium ion rechargeable batteries are dangerous to use. It is dangerous to vape on them. They were never designed to be used outside of a battery pack with an electronic protection circuit. Every time we use these batteries we take a risk.

Code:
https://youtu.be/Es5-nrsdlUE?t=246

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't think Il need to go above 90 watts but it's good to know I won't need to buy the 30 amp batteries to do that. Thank you.
In a regulated mod, the VTC6 is considered to be within the RECOMMENDED safety limit if using the VTC6 at or below 45 watts per battery so... up to 90 watts in a dual 18650 regulated mod equipped with two VTC6 batteries is REASONABLY safe. Reasonably safe does NOT (!) mean it is safe.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In a regulated mod,
:
Reasonably safe does NOT (!) mean it is safe.

Look, man - everyone needs to get-the-fuck-over "Safe", ok? Yer going to die - it's a fact. Now, far too many of these posters seem to equate "safe" with "I can be a dick and live forever". Not.Going.To.Happen - "safe" or "dick".

In every goddamned case these folks are partaking in "risk" just by living, and - sorry, folks - you need to do the "Due Diligence" and your very-own "Risk Assessment". Driving is not "safe"; breathing exhaust fumes in traffic - or even at intersections on yer lil' bicycle are not "safe". Riding a bike isn't safe the way 99% of those I see are doing it - the helmet is just laughable. Eating at a restaurant isn't "safe"; buying groceries isn't "safe"; -even raising your own produce and such isn't "safe".

OK, sorry - I've seen that idiotic "safe" question too often the last week or two. It makes you want to find a clocktower or book-repository.

By safe I ment on the batteries life to avoid venting or worse I didn't think resistance of the coils had anything to do with the amount of amps being pulled from batteries in a regulated mod. The more u know.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
By safe I ment on the batteries life to avoid venting or worse I didn't think resistance of the coils had anything to do with the amount of amps being pulled from batteries in a regulated mod. The more u know.

Yeah, it's just that with a higher resistance, you'll reach either the mod's maximum wattage (220), or maximum voltage (usually 8 volts) before going above the constant discharge rate in amps

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Look, man - everyone needs to get-the-fuck-over "Safe", ok? Yer going to die - it's a fact. Now, far too many of these posters seem to equate "safe" with "I can be a dick and live forever". Not.Going.To.Happen - "safe" or "dick".

In every goddamned case these folks are partaking in "risk" just by living, and - sorry, folks - you need to do the "Due Diligence" and your very-own "Risk Assessment". Driving is not "safe"; breathing exhaust fumes in traffic - or even at intersections on yer lil' bicycle are not "safe". Riding a bike isn't safe the way 99% of those I see are doing it - the helmet is just laughable. Eating at a restaurant isn't "safe"; buying groceries isn't "safe"; -even raising your own produce and such isn't "safe".

OK, sorry - I've seen that idiotic "safe" question too often the last week or two. It makes you want to find a clocktower or book-repository.
:tldr:You need to get over the fact that there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers and VERY stupid answers. To tell a newcomer that it is safe is just a prime example of a VERY stupid answer.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Everything you need to know about battery safety is written in Mooch's blog as well as has been clarified further by him in his videos on his personal YouTube channel.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are plenty of "stupid questions" - some are less stupid than others. The unforgivable ones are in the realm of "Well, did you even for a moment consider that truck would crush you when you went under it w/o a jack or jackstand?" Many are prefixed with "Hey, Y'all! Watch this!". Even more are "stupid" just because this is not a classroom, and they simply refuse to do any research on their own - like even a moderate bing, google, or DDG search - and subsequent reading.

In years gone by, those sort seemed to be filtered from the gene-pool. Now, they just sue and get legislation passed so everyone ELSE suffers for their dumbassery.

"Everything you need to know about battery safety.." is a huge cop-out. I won't denigrate Mooch or his works, but sorry: I treat him as A (one, singular) reference - it's not my fault or his fault of others decide to be a dumbass.

Guidelines are still guidelines: ultimately every person still makes the decisions.. (I'm totally behind the guy that FOLLOWS THE RULES - and dies, crushed by the falling piano - he did what he was told. Someone ELSE seems at fault here, [ although I dunno as I would stand under said piano w/o watching it].)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, did you even for a moment consider that truck would crush you when you went under it w/o a jack or jackstand?"

That is why you use secondary safety precautions. I had a 10 ton jack stand fail one time but those blocks of wood saved me from being crushed. Shit happens but you need to know how to survive it. Oh there was less than half the load it was supposed to handle on it by the way.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There are plenty of "stupid questions" - some are less stupid than others. The unforgivable ones are in the realm of "Well, did you even for a moment consider that truck would crush you when you went under it w/o a jack or jackstand?" Many are prefixed with "Hey, Y'all! Watch this!". Even more are "stupid" just because this is not a classroom, and they simply refuse to do any research on their own - like even a moderate bing, google, or DDG search - and subsequent reading.

In years gone by, those sort seemed to be filtered from the gene-pool. Now, they just sue and get legislation passed so everyone ELSE suffers for their dumbassery.

"Everything you need to know about battery safety.." is a huge cop-out. I won't denigrate Mooch or his works, but sorry: I treat him as A (one, singular) reference - it's not my fault or his fault of others decide to be a dumbass.

Guidelines are still guidelines: ultimately every person still makes the decisions.. (I'm totally behind the guy that FOLLOWS THE RULES - and dies, crushed by the falling piano - he did what he was told. Someone ELSE seems at fault here, [ although I dunno as I would stand under said piano w/o watching it].)
I treat Mooch as a reference because he is GENUINELY KNOWLEDGEABLE on this particular subject. Whereas those who want to be stubborn stupid are the exact opposite of that same reference because misinformation is still misinformation no matter how deep you want to keep digging the hole that you are digging.

I did do my due diligence btw the question was about my situation Google etc is hardly going to give me that answer, asking here was the last option because I understand questions like this get asked all the time I also understand nothing is "safe" I'm almost 30 years old. My fault I guess the nuance in the question is hard to get across in text form.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I understand questions like this get asked all the time

CHn6z8T.gif

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well said my friend but how to stop these know it all's who prey on the New members?
One possible way to try to stop them would be to just let the FDA ban any and all mods that are designed to be used with external batteries. Not that it will be an effective solution that works, as you can't fix stupid, let alone fix STUBBORN stupid, but... the way things are now, I suspect it won't take very long before almost everything will be banned anyway nevertheless so this is among the most important reasons why I have been stockpiling pretty heavily over the past 14 months or so.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
One possible way to try to stop them would be to just let the FDA ban any and all mods that are designed to be used with external batteries.

Fuck that~! Shut the assholes up who think they know what they are talking about and getting people hurt. The FDA can suck me off in the middle of the nearest main road before I let them ban any Vape Device~! Now the childish e-liquids I already boycott.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I did do my due diligence btw the question was about my situation Google etc is hardly going to give me that answer, asking here was the last option because I understand questions like this get asked all the time I also understand nothing is "safe" I'm almost 30 years old. My fault I guess the nuance in the question is hard to get across in text form.
If you google for Battery Mooch, then google is going to give you Mooch, and, after that, Mooch is going to give you that answer because that's why Mooch is famous─unlike all the fucktards who love to spread all sorts of misinformation all the time.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Fuck that~! Shut the assholes up who think they know what they are talking about and getting people hurt. The FDA can suck me off in the middle of the nearest main road before I let them ban any Vape Device~! Now the childish e-liquids I already boycott.
Okay, okay... just hold this duct tape for me please...

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is why you use secondary safety precautions. I had a 10 ton jack stand fail one time but those blocks of wood saved me from being crushed. Shit happens but you need to know how to survive it. Oh there was less than half the load it was supposed to handle on it by the way.

I understand that.. And, having been the Designated ****** for the ol' Man on a lot of jobs, I certainly learned to appreciate sensible cautions - this is not an OPTIONAL, unless you are in an end-the-world-emergency.. This is the sorta' shit you simply learn and think about all yer fucking life. All of that said, and all agreement aside: I've known people - and I shit you not - that never learned to use a fucking BROOM.. Yes, I know. Idiotic. Well, the idiots run the asylum and worse: they vote.

I will always and ever support Darwin, and just as always and ever try to steer folks right with my experiences. I think you will too.

PS. Mooch is who I check after reading here and a asking buddy that does S&R and vapes. Belt and suspenders here.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, I know. Idiotic. Well, the idiots run the asylum and worse: they vote.

Shit all I know is when the world comes to end I will be a survivor, sort of like Mad Max but I will survive.

Oh and I will be vaping~!

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not too worried. Old enough not to really care, but also irked enough to want to cull the herds.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I could figure out a way to do it without getting charged with some Heinous Felony or act of Terrorism I would start tomorrow~!
Well, you advocate/lobby to repeal the "protect-the-moron" - which includes biz/politician/corporate/govt.. And, then you just lay in wait.. History is cyclic, just like fashion, religion, etc

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, you advocate/lobby to repeal the "protect-the-moron" - which includes biz/politician/corporate/govt.. And, then you just lay in wait.. History is cyclic, just like fashion, religion, etc

No I am into quicker returns on my investments. That is too slow for me. Going Postal gives fast returns.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How many u reckon u could "cull" 6 million or So?

I'd learn to spell first, but 6 million sounds like mass-production. (Yes, I am amused by your numbers).

I was just pondering today, "Gee, how many have Israel lost in this grand Mid-East Pacification Nonsense?"

I'd have to have someone else load for me to handle 6 million from either continent... I suspect as well my barrels would be shot out. So much easier to just legislate and rabble-rouse..

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I suspect as well my barrels would be shot out.

You only use the Firearms for the immediate local threats, you have to plan bigger and catch then at some protest they have no reason to even be at and use more efficient means.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well whatever happens with the final solution just leave your President alive

Well if I was to do it, I would do it right and he might be in my corner. Don't forget he has a home about 20 miles from me. Not unheard of for a regular person to schedule a meeting or appointment with him.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You only use the Firearms for the immediate local threats, you have to plan bigger and catch then at some protest they have no reason to even be at and use more efficient means.
I never mentioned "firearms" - and simply don't care. ;-)

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well whatever happens with the final solution just leave your President alive

I also never mentioned "your president" and "alive".

YMMV, I lost interest several decades ago.

(I should mention: the phrase "final solution" affects me much like the symbols - I know of them and don't get all freaky)

VU Sponsors