Become a Patron!

Question about upgrading

I started baking a few weeks ago and am loving it this far.

I picked up a kanger subvod starter kit and have been happy with it however I feel like I am looking for more.

A bigger tank and also the ability to control my vapes more.

I can suffice with the tank for now but am looking for more a better battery

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Baking eh, cookies and pies?

;)

If you like Kanger check out the Subox mini kits. It will have a bigger tank, a device that can do up to 50 watts and better coils. Welcome and enjoy.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Someone bring cookies? I love cookies.

Hi lex85! Welcome aboard. I like my eVic VTC Mini. I'm a low wattage vaper, mainly mouth to lung inhale, tighter draw. For those rare times that I do want more power or vaper, then I can adjust accordingly and use a different tank. I don't have a fave tank, per se, there are so many good ones available these days. The VTC does require external batteries, so you kind of get into more cost that way, but it won't become a door stop or paperweight that internal batteries become. I have some of those, too. When they die and won't hold charge anymore, they just die.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tons of options out there - the best involve 18650 batteries, which means you've got to buy some cells and a separate charger, but in the long run it's worth it because you can swap batteries if you end up with more than one device or just recycle $6 batteries instead of a whole device if your cells crap the bed...if you know you like Kanger, take a look at their Subox, Topbox, or Kbox offerings...my daily driver at the moment is a Kbox 120, albeit with a Crown tank...

Haha, stupid auto correct!

I guess I should clear it up a little and pretty much my question is what would be a good upgrade where I could still use my current tank?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha, stupid auto correct!

I guess I should clear it up a little and pretty much my question is what would be a good upgrade where I could still use my current tank?
Tons of options out there - the best involve 18650 batteries, which means you've got to buy some cells and a separate charger, but in the long run it's worth it because you can swap batteries if you end up with more than one device or just recycle $6 batteries instead of a whole device if your cells crap the bed...if you know you like Kanger, take a look at their Subox, Topbox, or Kbox offerings...my daily driver at the moment is a Kbox 120, albeit with a Crown tank...

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Baking eh, cookies and pies?

;)

If you like Kanger check out the Subox mini kits. It will have a bigger tank, a device that can do up to 50 watts and better coils. Welcome and enjoy.

Id second the Subox kit. Its the first vape I bought and it served me well before I upgraded to a more advanced set up. Itll be a step up from the subvod for sure and you can get into building your own coils with the included RBA head if you so choose, plus you have control of the wattage and battery choice. Personally I had a well experienced friend recommend that I get a evod/ego style vape when I first was looking for something, and honestly if I did get that, I probably would have quit vaping quickly without adjustable wattage. I had to start low to get used to the throat/lung feel before I ramped it up. If I started out with a fixed 30-40 watts it would have been too much for me. Obviously youre already past that, but still, the Subox kit is a nice set up for an upgrade from what youve got.

Or you could go for broke and get an Rx200 or Dna200 and a nice tank and RDA and have a set up thatll be enough to going without HAVING to upgrade again if you find yourself wanting more power.

VU Sponsors