Become a Patron!

Questions about batteries and buildsbuilds

3unu(h-80m83r

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So, I have finally got alien wire down, problem is I don't like single coil... Built it and it's running at .14 or so, running it in an ipv4 reg. Mod with batteries in series. It has 2 samsung inr 18650 25r 20amp batteries in it. Now, I've read that running batteries in series doesn't double the amps, but does double the volts. I generally vape at 70 to 80 watts. My question is, it's this build too low for my batteries to handle? Will the mod protect me from battery failure? They don't get hot, just a little warm... It's it ok if they aren't getting hot? Here's some pics of what I'm talking about. Thanks in advance for the help!2015-09-08 15.23.42.jpg 2015-09-08 15.19.46.jpg 2015-09-08 15.36.17.jpg

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My question is, it's this build too low for my batteries to handle? Will the mod protect me from battery failure?
To answer both questions... No. If the batteries were loaded to excess via too low a net resistance, your chip software would display a warning, or cease to function all together.

They don't get hot, just a little warm... It's it ok if they aren't getting hot?
Warm is a somewhat subjective term. If you had a temperature "gun", you could remove a battery and measure it's external temperature. Anything above 168 degrees F (75C) is an indication that, although there's likely no danger, higher temps can do permanent damage* to the life and performance of a battery.

* Reference: Scroll down to lower table of data, or view full size images here.

image-jpg.489016

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Build resistance has nothing to do with battery current in a variable wattage device. Battery voltage and the watt setting determine battery current. With your mod set to 80w, your batteries drained to the mods low voltage cutoff (when the most current is pulled from the batteries at a particular watt setting) you're still pulling less than 15 amps. Perfectly fine. Your mod does have a resistance range it will fire. If you get too low it won't fire.

In other words, at a watt setting of 80 watts and below and if your mod fires it, you'll never reach 15 amps of discharge current from your batteries.

VU Sponsors