Become a Patron!

Quick NIC Question

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently bought a months supply of juice from a vendor that I don't normally use. They talked me into buying everything @ 6mg even though I normally use 9mg. They said that little of a difference won't matter much. Bullshit! Just as I thought... IT DID! I'm using a Hell of alot more juice now just to get the same satisfaction that I was before.
Arg.....what a headache.
I think they were just being lazy!

Now I have to figure out how to get these bottle as close to a 9 or 10 as possible. What would be the best way in doing so?
What kind of Nic do I need? Best place to buy it? And how much would I need to add to 30ml bottles?
(Some of them only have 25ml in them because I've tried them already )

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1ml @100mg added to the 25ml of 6mg will sort out to be 9.6mg strength
0.75ml @ 100mg added to the 25ml of 6mg will sort out to be 8.74mg strength

if starting with full 30ml bottles (that are exactly 30ml), adding 1ml of 100mg nic will make it 9.03mg strength

Thanks Outwest.
Any particular brand better than the next?
Any place to buy from better than the next?
I'm not really looking to get into DIY juices yet, just need to correct all these bottles so I don't blow through them like a tornado through an outhouse!

And another thing.
I also need to know where to get some good measuring tools.
These bottles really appear to be undersized to me.
They look smaller than any standard 30mil bottles that I've been using.
By how much...Idk.
That's why I need some tools as well.

And is there an online calculator that I can use to come out with the correct equations like you just gave me if I find those bottles are indeed small?

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I found another source that @Teresa P posted that she liked - Nicotine River $14 (+s/h) for 150ml @100mg http://www.nicotineriver.com/collections/usp-nicotine/products/100mg-16

VT (the first one I linked) is a preferred nic amongst users here. It looks like Nicotine River uses a good source for their nic as well. Hopefully others will chime in here in a bit.

For the math, here's the formula I used
((a*b)+(c*d)) / (a+c)
where
a=ml of high strength nic, b=mg of high strength nic
c=ml of low strength nic, d=mg of low strength nic

So, for example, using 1ml of 100mg and 25ml of 6mg you have for formula:
((a*b)+(c*d)) / (a+c)
a=1, b=100, c=25, d=6
therefore:
((1*100)+(25*6)) / (1+25) =
(100+150) / 26 =
250/26 =
9.615mg strength for final mix

for measuring the 100mg nic, a larger gauge, blunt tip syringe would do the job.
for measuring what you already have, could use a small plastic measuring beaker from amazon or ebay

Last edited:

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I only need to fix 9 bottles.
ah, okay. in that case I'd probably buy stronger of same flavor and mix 'em. If you mix the 6mg at a 50/50 ratio with 12mg, you'd end up with 9mg strength. With as few bottles as you're dealing with, that'd be the easiest way. Be sure to shake each well before mixing (unless, of course, you'd be dumping entirety of both 30ml bottles into bigger bottles)

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found another source that @Teresa P posted that she liked - Nicotine River $14 (+s/h) for 150ml @100mg http://www.nicotineriver.com/collections/usp-nicotine/products/100mg-16

VT (the first one I linked) is a preferred nic amongst users here. It looks like Nicotine River uses a good source for their nic as well. Hopefully others will chime in here in a bit.

For the math, here's the formula I used
((a*b)+(c*d))/(a+c)
where
a=ml of high strength nic, b=mg of high strength nic
c=ml of low strength nic, d=mg of low strength nic

So, for example, using 1ml of 100mg and 25ml of 6mg you have for formula:
((1*100)+(25*6))/(1+25)=
((100)+(150))/26=
250/26=
9.615mg strength for final mix

for measuring the 100mg nic, a larger gauge, blunt tip syringe would do the job.
for measuring what you already have, could use a small plastic measuring beaker from amazon or ebay
Another good thing about Nicotine River - I've been ordering a 60ml bottle every week to stock my freezer. And each week, they've upgraded my order to 150ml at no extra charge. Costs me $11.94 after adding shipping. Great nic at an even greater deal.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Teresa P look at you, such a sweetie :) That's what I love about this place, people helping each other out :)
We're all in this together, my friend. I'm so grateful for the friends I have made here who have helped me along the way. One big, happy vapin' family we are....:)

sketchness

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just got some nic from nicotine river. The free upgrade and all. It is a pretty clean taste. We shall see if I still like it in a week.

jfdibutton

Member For 4 Years
I was thinking as I read this, prior to Teresa P volunteering to send you some that I would send you a small bottle if I had some. I need to order since I am out, but money is tight so I am waiting and hoping for some good July Fourth sales.

Also, I have read several places that Nude Nic sells sample bottles for the cost of shipping. That might be an idea for some people that are reading this that just need a small amount to keep on hand for this purpose of raising levels a little on vendor juices, but aren't interested in DIY.

@Teresa P If you have tried Vapers Tek, how does it compare to Nicotine River? I am planning on getting some from Vapers Tek, but that price is insane!! I will have to go order some of it now. Even with a tight budget I can swing that. Money is tighter than usual as I have to pay to have my license re-instated next week and my sister is getting married out of state at the end of July. But I am sick and tired of tasting pepperi-ness and burning from the WL nic I bought as my first.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking as I read this, prior to Teresa P volunteering to send you some that I would send you a small bottle if I had some. I need to order since I am out, but money is tight so I am waiting and hoping for some good July Fourth sales.

Also, I have read several places that Nude Nic sells sample bottles for the cost of shipping. That might be an idea for some people that are reading this that just need a small amount to keep on hand for this purpose of raising levels a little on vendor juices, but aren't interested in DIY.

@Teresa P If you have tried Vapers Tek, how does it compare to Nicotine River? I am planning on getting some from Vapers Tek, but that price is insane!! I will have to go order some of it now. Even with a tight budget I can swing that. Money is tighter than usual as I have to pay to have my license re-instated next week and my sister is getting married out of state at the end of July. But I am sick and tired of tasting pepperi-ness and burning from the WL nic I bought as my first.
To me, one is as good as the other. When I first started DIY, I was clueless, just googled "liquid nicotine" and read everything I could while comparing prices. I didn't have the forum then to seek advice, so left to my own devices I chose NicVape. Their reviews were good, the prices were more than some, less than others. Down the line, I started getting recommendations for other nic at much cheaper prices and I scolded myself for spending so much on NicVape. Upon trying the less expensive ones, however, I realized you do indeed get what you pay for and crawled back to NV. Then came Vaperstek - clear, clean, and flavorless, just like NV. I started seeing ads on the forum for Nicotine River and their prices were amazing! But I was leery due to past experience with trying to save a few bucks. After reading up a bit on NR, (and with a little info from @Time) I found out that NR uses premium NicSelect, specifically manufactured for vaping. And the site also gave a list of vendors they supplied to, one of them being NicVape. Not only do I have my favorite nic back, but I'm getting it for a song, which is a huge bonus for me. :)

jfdibutton

Member For 4 Years
To me, one is as good as the other. When I first started DIY, I was clueless, just googled "liquid nicotine" and read everything I could while comparing prices. I didn't have the forum then to seek advice, so left to my own devices I chose NicVape. Their reviews were good, the prices were more than some, less than others. Down the line, I started getting recommendations for other nic at much cheaper prices and I scolded myself for spending so much on NicVape. Upon trying the less expensive ones, however, I realized you do indeed get what you pay for and crawled back to NV. Then came Vaperstek - clear, clean, and flavorless, just like NV. I started seeing ads on the forum for Nicotine River and their prices were amazing! But I was leery due to past experience with trying to save a few bucks. After reading up a bit on NR, (and with a little info from @Time) I found out that NR uses premium NicSelect, specifically manufactured for vaping. And the site also gave a list of vendors they supplied to, one of them being NicVape. Not only do I have my favorite nic back, but I'm getting it for a song, which is a huge bonus for me. :)
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond and answer my questions. However, I cannot find 100mg in anything smaller than 150 ml. Am I missing something, did they stop selling the 60 ml, or did you buy all of them? ;)

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond and answer my questions. However, I cannot find 100mg in anything smaller than 120 ml. Am I missing something, did they stop selling the 60 ml, or did you buy all of them? ;)
Hold on, I'll go look...

jfdibutton

Member For 4 Years

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for taking the time to look! Headed over there to place an order. I have 24 new FA flavors (all I have as I am just starting over on DIY after I got discouraged when I tried TFA about a year and a half ago) I am itching to try!
You'll love it! Hate that they've changed quantity minimum though.
Hey, wonder if they'll double the 150ml....lol! Guess I'll find out when I order another on payday....;)

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@BLACKTOOTHGRIN - I just went and checked and I have a small, 50ml plastic beaker I've never used that I can send your way if you want. That and the blunt tip syringe.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And I'll surely enclose some nitrile gloves....;)

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@BLACKTOOTHGRIN - I just went and checked and I have a small, 50ml plastic beaker I've never used that I can send your way if you want. That and the blunt tip syringe.

I dont think Ill need a beaker for any of it just to add a ml or so to each 30ml bottle right?
It doesnt have to be dead nuts to please me...
But this 6mg mix is just WAY TOO LOW!
I really cant believe they did that to me.
They should have known it wouldve been a big enough difference to make me hit this thing twice as much and pull twice as hard.
Then again...more money in juice sales for them right?

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
yeah, only need the beaker if want to be more precise on what you're mixing (since don't know exact ml in bottles). But, if you add 1ml of 100mg to each bottle, it'll be okay. If you only have 20ml of eliquid left in bottle that you're adding the 1ml to, then it'd still only bump it up to 10.48mg strength. If it's a full 30ml, it sorts out to 9.03mg, so as long as only add 1ml of 100mg nicotine, it's not going to make end result crazy strong.

I can't help but think they had the 6mg already mixed up and didn't want to bother with mixing up 9mg for ya. That, or they didn't have the ratios for mixing 9mg already calculated

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it was a matter of just being plain lazy.
They probably had the 6mg 30ml bottles pre-made like you said, and just didnt want to do anything else to complete the order.

jfdibutton

Member For 4 Years
You'll love it! Hate that they've changed quantity minimum though.
Hey, wonder if they'll double the 150ml....lol! Guess I'll find out when I order another on payday....;)
Well, I haven't gotten to mix any of my favorites with the NR yet. I also just got my small bottle of VT to try out. The VT has a much stronger odor than the NR so if that is any indication I think I know which I am going to like better. HIC says that the biggest difference he noticed was with the chocolate flavors from FA when he first got VT. So I am going to have to mix up a batch of his Swiss Bliss with each to give it a try. I also want to get out the old test kit to see what the nic levels are.

Thank you again very very very much for this suggestion!!!

I will let ya'll know what I think after I get a chance to try them out.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
The VT has a much stronger odor than the NR ... going to have to mix up a batch of his Swiss Bliss with each to give it a try.

Really?! I'm waiting with baited breath. Are those in VG or PG?
Good plan to try something with Cocoa with both bases! Other you could try for good comparison: 3% FA Black Tea standalone, or 2% FA Coffee Espresso standalone. The cleaner the nic, the weaker those two taste.

jfdibutton

Member For 4 Years
Really?! I'm waiting with baited breath. Are those in VG or PG?
Good plan to try something with Cocoa with both bases! Other you could try for good comparison: 3% FA Black Tea standalone, or 2% FA Coffee Espresso standalone. The cleaner the nic, the weaker those two taste.
Well, it will probably be a few days due to that damned thing called work getting in the way. I did get both of them in PG. I bought the ED Glycube deal with 3 VG /1 PG since my partner and I both like aprox 70VG/30PG, with the nic in PG and the flavorings also in PG I make up that other 5% to get to about that level. I also find it much easier to measure the tiny amounts that I need to make my 3mg with the thinner PG.

As I posted on another thread I have 2 drippers in the mail that the USPS can't seem to ship to me correctly (back and forth all over the place, out for delivery in the wrong zip code, etc). I haven't ever dripped before since all I had previously was a Provari and it wouldn't fire hard enought to really get one to work so I gave it away. I got a couple due to finding your recipes and now having way to many flavors I want to try and being to lazy to clean tanks that many times. I mixed 13 of your recipes on Saturday with the NR one of them is the blueberry coconut smoothie which is definitely one of my favorites. So I will have to mix that with the VT as soon as I have the time.

Thanks for the suggestion on straight up Cocoa, I don't have Black Tea or Espresso YET so I will have to go with Cocoa for now. I bought the 30ml of both the Cocoa and the Chocolate on the 4th sale over at BCV since I have a feeling I will be mixing a bunch of Toblerone. I also plan on trying both of them along with the WL nic I have all as unflavored for comparison.

I want to test the nic level of both mostly for curiosity and to see if that is what is affecting the taste/smell of each. I have seen many opinions of different vendors nic but very few of them ever test the level and I am sure that can affect the taste/smell drastically. I assume most people don't have a test kit. I bought mine from WL when I started DIY due to being cautious. The kit I bought has enough reagents to probably supply me for MANY lifetimes, lol!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
that's great you also have WL for comparison! I don't think I can vape the WL I have any more. Especially without flavoring to help cover it up. :eek:

Please let us know how your comparisons and nic-strength tests come out. I really appreciate the info!

BLACKTOOTHGRIN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

VU Sponsors