Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Native Wicks - nice soft Pima cotton

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Anyone actually taken a Geiger counter to the cotton to see if there's any contamination?

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're worried about vaping radiation, consider where you came from, and then do a google search and read about polonium and then add the many radioactive things you can breathe or be exposed to right in your home. Not worried about my cotton or rayon.

mikekscholz

Member For 4 Years
I don't think anyone has done a Geiger test on it yet, and it's not a problem of the cotton giving off radiation as much as inhaling a radioactive particle, it getting embedded in your lung tissue and then irradiating all the cells near it for the rest of your life... Idk just feels risky using cotton grown in the vicinity of an ongoing nuclear leak. I'm not trying to push a certain wick on anyone but I felt this was important information to share with the community.

I've had this nagging in the back of my head every single time I see OCC on a factory coil, before I ever saw this post about the same concern

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I don't think anyone has done a Geiger test on it yet, and it's not a problem of the cotton giving off radiation as much as inhaling a radioactive particle, it getting embedded in your lung tissue and then irradiating all the cells near it for the rest of your life... Idk just feels risky using cotton grown in the vicinity of an ongoing nuclear leak. I'm not trying to push a certain wick on anyone but I felt this was important information to share with the community.

I've had this nagging in the back of my head every single time I see OCC on a factory coil, before I ever saw this post about the same concern
You live on Earth right, you are already inhaling those particles

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a big box of cocoa but the wife gave it to the homeless shelter....

Must get more.

I only vape with genuine USA grown Maxie Flats cotton.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So apparently I'm not the only person concerned about the fact that much of Japanese cotton is grown in Fukushima prefecture and inhaling a radioactive particle is something permanent and irreversible... Is it worth the risk to not use cotton grown and processed in the US?

https://www.facebook.com/lightningvapes/posts/514938868642992

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'd bet you inhale more Radon on a daily basis, then you'll find in jap cotton.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
God.. thus Era of history is going to be named The Sky is Falling.

I smoked for the 40 years. As long as the bad stuff in vaping is LESS than smoking. WHO CARES. What bad stuff is in vapor.

I don't use Japan cotton but maybe I should. A little preemptive radiation therapy.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
God.. thus Era of history is going to be named The Sky is Falling.

I smoked for the 40 years. As long as the bad stuff in vaping is LESS than smoking. WHO CARES. What bad stuff is in vapor.

I don't use Japan cotton but maybe I should. A little preemptive radiation therapy.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Nah, just anything from anywhere in the Pacific. Then how about Europe and Asia from Chernobyl. Don't even have do that, anything with Pasteurized on the label, for how they do it is with Irradiating the product.

Better stay out of the sun, away from the Dentist, Doctor, etc. etc.

Waffle Baron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Alabama should be selling cotton to the vape industry, love driving by the cotton fields when I am out visiting my granny

rsimpson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I haven't really been concerned about it. I have a big box of rayon as well as a couple of packs of Japanese organic cotton that I've had for a while and I will continue to use both without concern. I prefer rayon in my drippers and cotton in certain tanks. I figure there are plenty of other things that can kill you (that I also refuse to worry about) than potentially irradiated cotton.

If you live in a climate that is suitable you could always grow your own cotton. I've done it and you'd be surprised how much cotton a couple of plants will provide plus seeds to grow more. At least that way you would know without a doubt what you are vaping on

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I haven't really been concerned about it. I have a big box of rayon as well as a couple of packs of Japanese organic cotton that I've had for a while and I will continue to use both without concern. I prefer rayon in my drippers and cotton in certain tanks. I figure there are plenty of other things that can kill you (that I also refuse to worry about) than potentially irradiated cotton.

If you live in a climate that is suitable you could always grow your own cotton. I've done it and you'd be surprised how much cotton a couple of plants will provide plus seeds to grow more. At least that way you would know without a doubt what you are vaping on
Hey I could do that... that land i live on used to be a cotton field! :D

VU Sponsors