Become a Patron!

RDA - A necessity.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Began only 4 months ago vaping. As I continue to gear up while products are still available, and invest in DIY stuff, something hit me....if I'm mixing juices and trying different recipes out....I'm SORELY in need of a couple of RDA's.

This hobby should have developed over a little more time....but I'm forced to think ahead. I have no clue what crazy move our crazy government will take next against us.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
The Damn Vape Mongrel is one of my favorite RDAs ( DeucesJack used to be a moderator here on VU)- easy to build and wick single coil deck, this comes with a squonk pin as well as the solid drip pin, squonking is easier than dripping if you get into squonking in the future.- not sure where you would still be able to order from- maybe from a China vendor site like FT or Vape Sourcing
Here is a video on it- this a a newer RDA, you still maybe able to find it.

Last edited:

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
That
The Damn Vape Mongrel is one of my favorite RDAs..........
That looks very interesting. I thought that was plastic at first glance, but it's glass, I'm digging that.

My Novo4 pods taste disgusting even though I'm a stickler with cleaning stuff. I have 4 pods with various things in them....plastic doesn't like to hang around with juice and a questionable coil in it. Can't get the taste out, ready for garbage. Plastic never again. VooPoo makes and interesting RDTA that I was considering until I learned it's plastic. Basically garbage IMHO.

I will DEFINITELY get into squonking at some point. Makes the most sense since all your juice is separate from the heat.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
That

That looks very interesting. I thought that was plastic at first glance, but it's glass, I'm digging that.

My Novo4 pods taste disgusting even though I'm a stickler with cleaning stuff. I have 4 pods with various things in them....plastic doesn't like to hang around with juice and a questionable coil in it. Can't get the taste out, ready for garbage. Plastic never again. VooPoo makes and interesting RDTA that I was considering until I learned it's plastic. Basically garbage IMHO.

I will DEFINITELY get into squonking at some point. Makes the most sense since all your juice is separate from the heat.
The Mongrel 2 different caps- one glass and one metal- the Mongrel is more of a restricted to direct lung hitter-
I am sure someone will help you with some Restricted Lung RDAs if that is what you are looking at.
On the plastic pods- I am not a SMOK fangirl, but I love my Smok Fetch Pro 80w pod system, I have the factory coils and I have the RBA(rebuildable coil) and the flavor is great.
I also have the Smok RPM 160 pod system too- Factory coils and RDTA section are both great- those are my favorite pod systems that I use daily. These take removable 18650 batteries, plus they have rebuildable sections that I bought, in case I can't buy and get factory coils shipped to me.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I could hook you up with a couple od RDA's. PM me if interested, we could discuss what you would be using and what you are looking for. I should have something that fits, but if not could also make some recommendations.
You are so awesome!

:blowkiss:

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
The Mongrel 2 different caps- one glass and one metal- the Mongrel is more of a restricted to direct lung hitter-
I am sure someone will help you with some Restricted Lung RDAs if that is what you are looking at.
On the plastic pods- I am not a SMOK fangirl, but I love my Smok Fetch Pro 80w pod system, I have the factory coils and I have the RBA(rebuildable coil) and the flavor is great.
I also have the Smok RPM 160 pod system too- Factory coils and RDTA section are both great- those are my favorite pod systems that I use daily. These take removable 18650 batteries, plus they have rebuildable sections that I bought, in case I can't buy and get factory coils shipped to me.
I like some pods systems, and actually love the size and 25watt ability of the Novo4. Generally I don't have any aversion to plastics. I think the pods with rba's are awesome. It's just my experience with having too many with juice in it, they went bad. I really like the Wotofo rba kits, such a good thing. For me, I wanted to experience the full mod thing. If not for my bad plastic experience I would have considered one of the Geekvape big burly models with the big plastic pod, because that also has a RBA and has a 510 adapter. But since we don't know what direction the industry is going, I figured the standardized 510 thing is the way to go first. There's at least 50 things I'd like to buy right now, the market is saturated...I hope it stays that way!

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Checking out that video....woooo, I like that tank! Clear glass to see the coil...OMG, why doesn't everyone want one of these?! It's on my must-have list.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I want it! Lol. I just spent a lot of money tho. Plus....this is really crazy but....I have only ONE shop that will ship to NY even just hardware. And that's only because they are an actual NY shop. They have good stuff, but it's not a superstore. I can wait. I'm working on securing some RDAs to go along with my DIY juice I'm about the get into.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I want it! Lol. I just spent a lot of money tho. Plus....this is really crazy but....I have only ONE shop that will ship to NY even just hardware. And that's only because they are an actual NY shop. They have good stuff, but it's not a superstore. I can wait. I'm working on securing some RDAs to go along with my DIY juice I'm about the get into.
Vapesourcing will ship to NY- they are a trustworthy vendor- I have used them many times with no problems, but that was before the shipping ban. I still think they would ship to NY
They have the Mongrel in colors too- I need a purple and a pink ( darn it, no pink)- lol - I have the original black and SS ones.
Keep your eyes open on the Hardware for sale thread here on VU- many times there are RDAs for great prices.

Vapesourcing Mongrel link

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Vapesourcing will ship to NY- they are a trustworthy vendor- I have used them many times with no problems, but that was before the shipping ban. I still think they would ship to NY
They have the Mongrel in colors too- I need a purple and a pink ( darn it, no pink)- lol - I have the original black and SS ones.
Keep your eyes open on the Hardware for sale thread here on VU- many times there are RDAs for great prices.

Thank you, I will check them out for future purchases. I'll call them now to see details about NY at this point, and update this post.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor

They're in the UK. That's why I didn't check already....I had already made a decision to not buy from another country....just because of shipping worries. Canada also has a place happy to ship...and of course the Chinese manufacturers themselves will ship.

Now that I've gotten the absolute must haves out of the way, I will experiment with future purchases from them. I just always felt it was risky. NY is a fk'd up place. They'll keep your package in customs in Queens for weeks. The world is upside down.

VU Sponsors