Become a Patron!

RDA coil

Straydonkey

Member For 3 Years
New to RDA's, I got a Cloudscape atty 510 RDA and was wondering wich coil would be the best all around coil to use. I usually vape 50-60 watts on an Aegis solo. And what online site would have them. Thank you

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like 3x28/38 or 36ga(clapton wrap). 5 wraps around a 3mm jig. Im not familiar with that RDA. If it's dual coil I use fused claptons 2x28/38.

I like to vape between 40-60W myself. Check out Wire Optim or Advanced Vape Supply for SS316L.

Straydonkey

Member For 3 Years
I
I like 3x28/38 or 36ga(clapton wrap). 5 wraps around a 3mm jig. Im not familiar with that RDA. If it's dual coil I use fused claptons 2x28/38.

I like to vape between 40-60W myself. Check out Wire Optim or Advanced Vape Supply for SS316L.
'm looking more towards premade/ prewrapped rda coils

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I've been using mostly these N80 aliens but the fused clapton's cost less by quite a bit.
The N80 alien's in 6w/3id in dual come out to .2 - .22
The SS aliens in 6w/3id in dual are about .16
For both, the legs are long enough to add a wrap unless the atty needs really long legs. Or remove a wrap and even 4id can be pulled down to 2 or 2.5id on a jig.
So there's a good range of size and resistance.
50% off w/code 50off. Shipping is <$4. Free at $30 I think.

Are you running that 'sometimes 80w' on your Solo?

Straydonkey

Member For 3 Years
I m
You could look for Wotofo (N80)or Coilology brand coils.

Wrapping wire around a little screwdriver isn't hard though. You'd get way more coils for your money.
ight give it a shot. Just kinda want to be sure of what I am doing,
I've been using mostly these N80 aliens but the fused clapton's cost less by quite a bit.
The N80 alien's in 6w/3id in dual come out to .2 - .22
The SS aliens in 6w/3id in dual are about .16
For both, the legs are long enough to add a wrap unless the atty needs really long legs. Or remove a wrap and even 4id can be pulled down to 2 or 2.5id on a jig.
So there's a good range of size and resistance.
50% off w/code 50off. Shipping is <$4. Free at $30 I think.

Are you running that 'sometimes 80w' on your Solo?
80 watts very rarely

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Got my solo I think from eight vape, not sure it's been a while. and yes my solo goes up to 100w
It's single 18650 right? so your running a 30A Samsung 20S, or a 25A Molicel P26A, or ? For your 80w....

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
20A Samsung 25R? ?:cloud:
Thanks, Sometimes inquiring minds just want to know.:)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I know I'm probably outnumbered here, but that's nothing new. :) I took a look at the Cloudscape RDA, it looks pretty small and low-profile, and if I were deciding on coils to put into it, I'd get a pair of 0.6 ohm N80 single-core Claptons. I think if you get much heavier than that, the cap of that RDA is going to be so hot it will be uncomfortable.

Link: https://wireoptim.com/clapton-wire-coils-single-core-n80-n80-10-pack/

You'd select options (1) 36 N80/26 N80 single core, (2) 2.5mm, and (3) either 5 or 6 wraps. Those coils at 5 wraps would be approximately 0.546 ohms per coil, 0.27 ohms for the two; or at 6 wraps, 0.647 per coil, 0.32 ohms for the two.

Now let me get the heck out of here before I get pummeled with rotten tomatoes. lol

VU Sponsors