Become a Patron!

RDA/RTA recommendations for Cream and Vanilla flavors

Serena25330

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What type of setup would you most enjoy vaping vanillas and creams?
I know this is purely subjective, and recently started using MTL setup for tobacco-type flavors
I was wanting some feedback on RDA or RTA preferences from vapers using vanilla/cream flavors.
Thanks

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
RTAs, I would use Dvarw DL, Kayfun 5 Squared SE, Taifun GX, Augvape Boreas V1, or any of the Aromamizer Supreme series for any kind of "delicate" flavors. I'd vape these within a range of 25-42W, restricted DL.

RDAs, the Rebel Recoil, Elder Dragon, Yachtvape Claymore, Cthulhu Mjolnir; any of those would be good, but most of them are impossible to find now. The Claymore is still available from several Chinese sites. I'm not sure about the US market - I rarely look any more because I'm just not going to pay $15 or more for shipping.

I would tend toward the RTAs more than RDAs simply because at my house these RDAs are all on mechanical devices and the wattage would tend to be a bit high for vaping vanillas, custards, or chocolates, imo. I like fruits, bakeries, and beverages better when watts are a little higher.

My Dvarws, Taifun, and Kayfun are clones, mostly from FT.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A warm, wet, dense, saturated, vape on a mech. But on a single battery mech I generally avoid using my Samsung 20S batteries with a .08 ohms build such as the 26/36 Ni80 quad core aliens shown below, as the Samsung 30T lends itself much better for this type of build. The build deck shown here is the Vaperz Cloud Asgard Mini RDA. I use this with the ultem cap from the matching Ultem Set that's separately sold and that may probably be somewhat harder to find now.

With this much heat coming off of the coils, the ultem cap, the airflow setting used, and the placement of the coils all are paramount, as is choosing the right type of drip tip. You'll scorch your lips if you try to press them against the top edge of the drip tip as opposed to putting them around the side of the drip tip. Needless to say you also want to pull a lot faster than most people would describe as "normal" for airflow to prevent burning stuff up, but nevertheless I'd say the level of restrictiveness still qualifies as medium-low, when only 2 vertical rows in the grid of airflow holes have been closed off like shown in my final pic.

asgard mini 1.jpgasgard mini 2.jpgasgard mini 3.jpg
asgard mini.jpgultem Asgard Mini.jpg

Serena25330

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MTL = mouth to lung, kind of a more concentrated, restricted airflow used with higher resistance coils vaped at lower wattage :)
EDIT - usually I use MTL devices that are RTA (tank atomizers) although there are some drippers out there, they're limited variety. The MTL RTA's that I've seen ae of 2 varieties: expensive or clones. I have found little if any difference between the two so far, except for the prices of course

Last edited:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I really wish I could recommend specific RDAs and RTAs... but things have changed and I don't know what is even available anymore. It sounds like you want MTL or maybe restricted DL. Whatever you choose, lower watts will help (and I don't mean full blown suck a golf ball thru a hose 12 watts) but more like keep it under 40 watts (does that make sense?) Single coils might be better for you.

Last edited:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
RDAs, the Rebel Recoil, Elder Dragon, Yachtvape Claymore, Cthulhu Mjolnir; any of those would be good, but most of them are impossible to find now.
I am very lucky to have been given a new Cthulhu Mjolnir... going to build it this week-end. Any tips you have would be appreciated (feel free to send me a PM) Mostly wondering what coil to use.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I am very lucky to have been given a new Cthulhu Mjolnir... going to build it this week-end. Any tips you have would be appreciated (feel free to send me a PM) Mostly wondering what coil to use.

I don't think I would be out of line to put a coil recommendation here. OP or someone else may find it useful.

It looks like both of my Mjolnirs have 2.5mm id, 26awg SS round wire parallel coils, probably 4 parallel wraps, single of course, resistance at 0.3 ohms. I have them on eLeaf iJust S semi-mechanical bases (built-in 3500mAh batteries, with protection but no wattage or voltage adjustments).

Building space in that RDA is at a premium, and I'm sure that's why I went with 2.5mm.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
26awg SS round wire parallel coils, probably 4 parallel wraps
So you mean two wires wrapped in parallel (not twisted)? Did you make these? I'm surprised at the small 2.5 mm ID (I was thinking more like 3 or even 3.5mm) I have some 24 ga Ni80 (nichrome) I might use. I will be using a regulated mod. I assume (from the build videos I watched) to leave the wick tails long (high deck, deep well)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I will be posting soon (on the building forum) about some RBAs and another RDA... keep an eye out for that.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
So you mean two wires wrapped in parallel (not twisted)? Did you make these? I'm surprised at the small 2.5 mm ID (I was thinking more like 3 or even 3.5mm) I have some 24 ga Ni80 (nichrome) I might use. I will be using a regulated mod. I assume (from the build videos I watched) to leave the wick tails long (high deck, deep well)

Yes, correct. Parallel, not twisted. And yes, I made them. Long tails, again yes.

26awg parallel in either stainless or nichrome is a favorite of mine. Don't care for twisted wire; I seem to always have a problem with the coil spitting at me.

VU Sponsors