Become a Patron!

RDA tool recommendations - Good quality tools for cheap

Hey there,

so I was looking for some tools and my first instinct was: amazon -> "vape toolkit"
Seemed to me that most of them are pretty poor quality tool kits for around 20€ to 40€. Not quite my speed.
I already found some forum posts about some good bang for your buck tools. Here is what I could gather so far:

Scissors: Westcott 4 inch Titanium Scissor
Ceramic / metal coated tweezers: Aussel Zirconia Ceramic High Precision Tips Tweezers
All purpose metal tweezers: Some mass produced Chinese what ever brand will do
All in one screwdriver: ?
Universal bag for storage: ?
ect.

Don't really get the need for stands and ohm meters when you got any regulated mod but feel free to throw anything and everything at me. Everything you guys feel like is worth a place in everyones build setup.

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Or a cm kit...i have 1 of intetested...brand new in box

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Probably the most economical is starting with a kit, then customizing your tool collection from there. Example:
This kit is about 9 euro more than your first 3 listed, has handy tools you don't have listed, and needs less to complete.
https://www.vapstore.de/geekvape-mini-tool-kit-en

Coil Master DIY V3 has quaility tools and is more complete, just add longer scissors if you want (6in not 4) // and perhaps long stemmed hex head tool unless you don't mind the small ones/or T tool that comes with atomizers. Then your set.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It depends on whether you want to venture into complex coil building (e.g., build your own fused claptons, staggered fused claptons, staples, fraples, aliens, fraliens, staple staggered fused claptons, the stapled helix coil build,...). Either way, in addition to the usual stuff like ceramic tip tweezers, screwdrivers, scissors, pliers, a storage bag, etc., here are a few other basic tools that I find indispensable:

Cotton Hook
ud-cotton-hook.jpg

Coil Tool
micro-coil-jig-tool.jpg

Knipex 76 22 125
_.jpg

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Another thing that can be quite handy, for those RDAs the o-rings on which are such a tight fit that you can't easily open the RDA when the o-rings on it have not yet been lubed with half a drop of e-juice:

510 atomizer stand
20180721114043_43143.jpg

Maybe you want a precision screwdriver set. The bits are a bit smaller than the regular sets you see. I use mine for all my vaping needs. I originally bought it for servicing phones and tablets. This one came from Radio Shack, sadly that place is out of business. 20200813_173911[1].jpg

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Harbor freight...nuff said

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yep their black plastic handled with green tip precision screwdriver set is what I have used for over 4 years.
And their $4 little flush cutters are not bad. Not great but well worth $4.

The coilmaster set for coiling got a couple from Fasttech for around $6-7 each.

and some little right angle pointy precision tweezers for wicking.

And I use Wescott titanium 5" scissors I got at Wal Mart for under $10. been using the same ones for well over 4 years.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep their black plastic handled with green tip precision screwdriver set is what I have used for over 4 years.
And their $4 little flush cutters are not bad. Not great but well worth $4.

The coilmaster set for coiling got a couple from Fasttech for around $6-7 each.

and some little right angle pointy precision tweezers for wicking.

And I use Wescott titanium 5" scissors I got at Wal Mart for under $10. been using the same ones for well over 4 years.
If you've ever tried to use $4 flush cutters to trim the legs of a 7-core 28g alien coil, that's when you'll know why I stick to that Knipex 76 22 125 type thing. As for precision screwdrivers, the set that I like to use also includes much, MUCH smaller bits than that one does, and, for screwing/unscrewing most screws in an RBA and for unassembling/reassembling something like one of my Vaperz Cloud box mech mods (Hammer Of God, Stormbreaker, Rulebreaker, Saga) the screws in which can not be reached with those kinds of screwdrivers in any way anyway, I use my own personal selection of Wera Kraftform Micro screwdrivers:

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you've ever tried to use $4 flush cutters to trim the legs of a 7-core 28g alien col, that's when you'll know why I stick to that Knipex 76 22 125 type thing. As for precision screwdrivers, the set that I like to use also includes much, MUCH smaller bits than that one does, and, for screwing/unscrewing most screws in an RBA and for unassembling/reassembling something like one of my Vaperz Cloud box mech mods (Hammer Of God, Stormbreaker, Rulebreaker, Saga) the screws in which can not be reached with those kinds of screwdrivers in any way anyway, I use my own personal selection of Wera Kraftform Micro screwdrivers:

True on the cutters but since I only use roundwire builds...
Knipex are very good tools.

I started buying the Plato 170 cutters. Got 10 for around $2 each at Aliexpress.
Set for quite a while. They are cheaper and better than the HF ones.

VU Sponsors