Become a Patron!

RDTA???

RonNYC

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm fairly new to vaping, 6 months or so and finally feel like am done with cigs for good . I have a Alien with TFV8, a RX200s with TFV8, also have others mods with baby beast and big baby beast, my go to is my TFV8 with T8 coil at about 110-120watts. I want to try a RDTA and was looking at Limitless plus, would that be a good one to start with or what would you guys recommend for RDTA on my RX200s?

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm fairly new to vaping, 6 months or so and finally feel like am done with cigs for good . I have a Alien with TFV8, a RX200s with TFV8, also have others mods with baby beast and big baby beast, my go to is my TFV8 with T8 coil at about 110-120watts. I want to try a RDTA and was looking at Limitless plus, would that be a good one to start with or what would you guys recommend for RDTA on my RX200s?
Get the Limitless Classic or the Ijoy Combo... a few bucks more, but with multiple decks...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hmmm, I really like the Limitless Plus. But I don't have the Classic so I cannot compare. I also have the Azeroth, but honestly the plate connection posts are a bit of a pain in my opinion. I prefer the velocity style of the Limitless Plus (or the classic). I like the 6.5 ml juice capacity of the Limitless +

RonNYC

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's why I was looking at Limitless plus because of capacity. I'm open to suggestions

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Limitless Classic/iJoy Combo IS the Limitless Plus with an interchangeable deck system... still 6.5-6.9 ml capacity...

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Steamcrave Aromamizer Supreme is pretty damn good. Same size as the TFV8, holds a ml more.

Next to the tfv8
20170111_231545.jpg

2.5mm i.d. fused claptons20170115_020203.jpg

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Steamcrave Aromamizer Supreme is pretty damn good. Same size as the TFV8, holds a ml more, velocity deck.

Next to the tfv8
View attachment 72162

2.5mm i.d. fused claptonsView attachment 72163
If you're going the bottom coil route, the OBS Engine has the same deck, better wicking IMO, a little less capacity, but ZERO leaks.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
for RDTA style best bet is probably the azeroth or combo. haven't tried my combo yet but everyone raves about it. which i guess doesn't mean much lol I'll try my soon.

For RTA style the SUpreme is the way to go. Boreas and Griffin 25 plus re great too. The engine is ok but the top airflow kills the flavor a bit. I find it overrated personally.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since we're tossing out other makes and models, there's the Kanger Dota - very inexpensive, but decent, and the Aspire Quad Flex - 22 mm... great flavor!

Then there's the Avocado 22 SE (skip the original if you want to run dual coils as it's hard to fill), and the Avocado 24 Bottom Air edition.

There's also the Limitless RDTA Gold which is nearly identical to the Classic but offers a wee bit of bottom air and fewer accessories in the box.

I'd avoid the ApePal - only single coil and a bit finicky, and the OBS Frost Wyrm - hard to wick.

The Ehpro Big Bear looks fun, though...

AJBclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If your strictly looking for an RDTA I know the limitless looks sickk - I actually reallyyyy want that limitless mech - anyway, I feel like I'm preaching but I would consider a Griffin 25. Velocity two post deck with a large deck to build on. You can use pretty much any coil in any size on the Griffin. Here's the vertical install on the 25 - if you decide to get the limitless can you message me what you think of it? I would appreciate It! Thanks!
bd22e68a45ce273f3e97532cc5c4ba06.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The Limitless line will not leak as long as it remains vertical. The Engine will not leak, period.

The Engine will not leak, but it will not give you the flavor due to the top airflow (which is why it will not leak).
I don't lay ANY attys on their sides for any length of time. So if you keep the Limitless mostly upright, and have it wicked correctly, there is no leaking issue with it that I have experienced.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Since we're tossing out other makes and models, there's the Kanger Dota - very inexpensive, but decent, and the Aspire Quad Flex - 22 mm... great flavor!

Then there's the Avocado 22 SE (skip the original if you want to run dual coils as it's hard to fill), and the Avocado 24 Bottom Air edition.

There's also the Limitless RDTA Gold which is nearly identical to the Classic but offers a wee bit of bottom air and fewer accessories in the box.

I'd avoid the ApePal - only single coil and a bit finicky, and the OBS Frost Wyrm - hard to wick.

The Ehpro Big Bear looks fun, though...

The Big Bear is a really fun tank. I'm really not an RDTA guy but its uniqueness earned it a spot in my daily rotation for now. Here's my review on it.

http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/300225/

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If your strictly looking for an RDTA I know the limitless looks sickk - I actually reallyyyy want that limitless mech - anyway, I feel like I'm preaching but I would consider a Griffin 25. Velocity two post deck with a large deck to build on. You can use pretty much any coil in any size on the Griffin. Here's the vertical install on the 25 - if you decide to get the limitless can you message me what you think of it? I would appreciate It! Thanks!
bd22e68a45ce273f3e97532cc5c4ba06.jpg

Can you share a picture of it wicked with the vertical coil? Wanna try that.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

AJBclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can you share a picture of it wicked with the vertical coil? Wanna try that.

Sure!
e76c7c3330b3f61cdc0818d813aae0b7.jpg

*Showin' some love to #baddrip for their sick drip cloth included within their packaging. (Flavor; Bad Drip- Bad Blood)

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Engine will not leak, but it will not give you the flavor due to the top airflow (which is why it will not leak).
I don't lay ANY attys on their sides for any length of time. So if you keep the Limitless mostly upright, and have it wicked correctly, there is no leaking issue with it that I have experienced.
I don't find that to be true for me. I have the Avocado, Azeroth and Limitless and the OBS Engine is right there with them on flavor... maybe even better with some flavors.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sure!
e76c7c3330b3f61cdc0818d813aae0b7.jpg

*Showin' some love to #baddrip for their sick drip cloth included within their packaging. (Flavor; Bad Drip- Bad Blood)

Dude. That's sick! How'd it vape? I'm gonna try that. Any tips?
Lastly, can you do a side view pic.

AJBclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dude. That's sick! How'd it vape? I'm gonna try that. Any tips?
Lastly, can you do a side view pic.

Sure! I built it on a velocity deck (Griffin 25) so essentially you just reverse the coils from parallel build and vertically insert the leads accordingly (top left/bottom right - and reverse side as well), clip the leads and just adjust the coil accordingly so it heats from the inside out. Last, the wicking is the tricky part - There are several ways to wick a vertical build but I found this the best for both flavor & clouds. Plus, the cotton has to be cut into four pieces (one for each indentation around the O ring.) That being said, check out this video, it does a great job of explaining the wicking;

80c14b9c77732af8d494f0e80a875b28.jpg

0bcbd831fb66fd02542872f2e1549344.jpg

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't find that to be true for me. I have the Avocado, Azeroth and Limitless and the OBS Engine is right there with them on flavor... maybe even better with some flavors.

Interesting. I just can't find the flavor intensity off the Engine. Wish I could because I like everything else about it.

rocketveg

Member For 4 Years
I have the limitless plus, the avocado 24, and Azeroth. Note: I'm a newbie to building and wicking, and wicking is my waterloo.
The limitless plus is the easiest to build on -- lots of space, nice screws on the top and side. Filling is all right. I prefer filling from the top, but the limitless plus has a big fill hole so I don't mind. It has a single coil option, although I've been using it with dual coils so I can't comment on how it performs otherwise. Vape quality on the limitless plus is pleasant.
Avocado 24 - Awesome flavor if you get the wicking right. Has dual and single coil options like the limitless plus; has a top fill system but the fill hole is tiny so more suited for a needle than the usual drip bottle or dropper.
Azeroth - I haven't given up on this atty yet but I agree with @DP2Raja - the goon-style clamps are a pain to build on. So far, not a great vape and not fun to build on.
Looks-wise, the limitless plus and azeroth are pretty similar but the limitless plus has that paisley (?) design. The avocado looks like other RDTAs.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I now have the following...

Limitless - 24 mm. At this point, it's been superceded... avoid

Limitless Plus - 25 mm. See Limitless above

Combo - offers replaceable coil heads, multiple decks, 6.9 ml (+/- depending on wicking) capacity. It's worth owning... Note that this is nearly identical to the Limitless Classic... the primary differences are in the airflow and chuff. I do not (yet) own a Classic.

Azeroth - 24 mm. No real benefit over the Limitless V1 except the not-quite-Goon (no bevel on clamp plates to aid in installation) deck which allows for really exotic builds.

ApePal - 25 mm. I have what is apparently an early version, but I would still avoid this one... It's single coil, and way too airy... The warmth and flavor has a hard time getting through..m

QuadFlex - 22 mm. I actually really like this one. Great flavor! Downside is smaller deck, lower capacity. Filling is also a bit off as the deck needs to be removed and threaded back on.

Avocado - 22 mm. Decent flavor, but best when built in single coil mode... Otherwise, filling is a PITA!

Avocado 24 - Still not the greatest filling method, but better than the 22. Decent flavor, decent capacity.

Karma - 25 mm. Low capacity for its size, but otherwise a nice vape. VERY solidly built, and as easy to build and fill as the Limitless line.

Limitless Gold - 25 mm. This is, again, the Combo, but there are several 1 mm holes around the outside of the base that feed air up the center shaft to slots under the coils. The slots do not have raised lips and I have experienced a little leaking. The construction is a bit better than the iJoy versions. This will accept Combo/Classic decks and coil heads, but, honestly, the premium paid vs the accessories NOT included make this one I'd avoid.

Vgod Trick Tank Pro - 25 mm. Best flavor because of the bottom air, but it's not as easy to wick as the Limitless line. The fill port is tiny and requires pointy tipped bottles, or a lot of patience and a handful of paper towels.

Kanger Dota - 25 mm. Hey! For $15, it's pretty good... the posts are a bit close together, so big builds are out, but the air is good, and the fill method functional (unscrew the deck so that it rises a 1/4 inch and pour in, screw the deck back down).

Theorem - 22 mm. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha... yeah... no! Great flavor, primarily single coil, low capacity, decent fill, HORRIBLE build and air. A LOT of broken glass, here...

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I kinda shoulda added in the Pharoah... 25 mm, low capacity (2 ml), best as a mammoth single coil. If built as a mammoth single coil, it's got a frickin' awesome deck... otherwise. Great air!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I kinda shoulda added in the Pharoah... 25 mm, low capacity (2 ml), best as a mammoth single coil. If built as a mammoth single coil, it's got a frickin' awesome deck... otherwise. Great air!

it's my favorite RDA for sure but i call it an RDA cause it's basically an RDA with a large juice well but it could be called an RDTA with a small tank lol i mean officially they call it an RDTA

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it's my favorite RDA for sure but i call it an RDA cause it's basically an RDA with a large juice well but it could be called an RDTA with a small tank lol i mean officially they call it an RDTA
Can't really drip, though... it'll go right in the airholes...

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Can't really drip, though... it'll go right in the airholes...

i never had an issue. i just tilt it and dripped down the middle onto the inside where it would hit the top cap and flow to the reservoir on the bottom do about 15 drops on each side and i'm good for 15-20 minutes of vaping

VU Sponsors