Become a Patron!

Re: Topside Lite - Freeing bottle from container

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm asking about getting the silicone bottle freed from its plastic cage. Here's a picture.

Dovpo-Topside-Lite-Squonk-Bottle_006729d019d3.jpg

On the top there are obvious heads to bolts. Not seen any drivers to fit these particular bolt heads. Anyone know what kind of driver one needs to get these bolts out? I'd like to get the bottle itself out of the plastic frame containing it. Then, possibly only need to pay $4 - $6 for a spare bottle instead of something like $12 - $20 for the whole casing and bottle. I know Todd did a review of this and there was mention it could be freed, but I missed how, with what kind of driver. Not sure it was said, if so, apologies to Todd for missing it. I get so derailed at times. *chuckles*

Update - Wed 13 May 2020 06:18:29 PM EDT - Please belay, ignore and or delete post.

Had someone present look at it moment, assure me the bolt heads were Philips heads albeit extremely small. I got to twerking on it and figured out how to get the bottle out. I didn't remove it at present as I merely wanted to see the process in order to do so when/if needed. So yep, got it! :) Apologies for thread space.

ETA: If you take the top two screws out, accessing the bottle can be done from the top. The bottle is actually more of an open ended flask.

Take the top screws out, turn it around so the hole that seats unto the squonk tube faces you. Stick a screwdriver into the hole and lift up a bit. This pulls out the top cap and tubing going down into the bottle.

You're left to look down into the tube that is the bottle, wide open. Now, you could nudge and twist the tube of the bottle free from this point. You can also see to fill the bottle fully from this point. Which might be helpful to a larger degree than filling it through the kidney holes of the top cap and not seeing the fill level.

Although have yourself some vaper towel handy for doing this. The feeding tube likes to spit out excess juice when you lift the top cap of the bottle up and out. So, yes this can be a little messy way to fill the flask.

I still think a redesign, including a fill level "window" maybe five or six millimeters strip of transparent section in the plastic of the flask cage on the the back side, would be a good idea. Not the only one to note you cannot accurately see the fill level through "smoke" tinted plastic. Overfilling the flask from that can be as messy or more so than popping off the the top cap / feeding tube assembly to refill.

Otherwise the design works well. Surprisingly I'm enjoying running a fancy regulated device at 20 watts. I'm not a fan of regulated devices at all. I've had too many mishaps with them to sour my taste against them. But here I am using the Topside Lite. So far it seems at least okay to me.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors