Become a Patron!

Really USPS?

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My package from fastech left China and made it to Chicago in 8 days. Just left Chicago for Pittsburgh? I live near Cleveland. And they complain of going broke....

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I call it mail jazz. Someone in the Chitown sort is working on a hook shot. I'm outside of Toledo and they've gone from Chicago to Maine, Washington state, Missouri, Wisconsin and others before heading here.

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LOL, I have ordered 4 times from FT. This is the fastest it has ever gotten to USA but may be longer over all. All the rest left Chitown and came straight to Cleveland. No hurry really but I was kinda excited at the speed for a moment, lol

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Same here. my FT order got to flushing,ny(customs) in 3 days. My US order left florida last wed and is nowhere in sight

N

Newheart301

I think the PO just toss's them on the next flight or truck, regardless of the destination. lol

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've ordered from FT going on sixty times. The routing once it leaves the black hole of Chicago customs is actually kind of entertaining - or at least good for a Hah! or a chuckle. The strictly domestic stuff is the same. I've ordered stuff from the west coast or even Nevada on a Saturday and had it by Monday. Stuff from Lightning Vapes which ships out of Bradenton, Fla has taken as much as 9 days one of which they claimed was delivered. Showed up 4 days after "delivery". I've taken to calling it the Tampa Triangle because that's where it seems to disappear.
On the serious side the reason the USPS is losing money at the moment is because they are required by congress to fund their retirement plan for the next 50 years to the tune of 5 billion (yes billion) a year until they reach that 50 year funding mark. If they funded the way a regular business does they would be in the black.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I live near Denver, CO, I have ordered from a vendor in Vegas, usps sent it to the L.A. area and sat on it for a day, then sent it my way. They suck, and they're assholes at my P.O. Cheap, usually pretty fast, but all else about them is shit.

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love the USPS and get fantastic service. The slow boat from China takes forever, but once it hits the US coast, it just 2-3 days and then it's in my mailbox. And I get delivery from many states in under 48 hours.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
One of the reasons that things using delivery methods from China referred to as "EMS" "ePacket" "International Post" take a long is because it is subsidized by the USPS and government in order to make the import of products cheaper.

This agreement between Congress, the USPS and China was intended to make it easier and cheaper for US small business to import products from China to sell in the US, but the unintended side effect is that nothing was put in the agreements to prevent Mainland China manufacturers from selling directly to US consumers and cutting the middleman out of the process completely.

This is the reason why Fasttech can sell products with free delivery for as little as a dollar, whereas the same product shipped from a US business would cost at least the dollar plus S&H in order to break even, much less make a profit.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ordered some stuff from Fasttech last January. Shipping was fast to Chicago, then my package went on a vacation to Hawaii, then Puerto Rico, then to Florida, back to Chicago, and then to my local P.O. 5 days to get to the USA, 15 days while my package enjoyed warm weather in the islands while I froze my nuts off back here at home.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Vape mail is good. Vape mail that shows up with a tan when you've got chicken skin - not so much. :D

VU Sponsors