nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Oh. Yes. I have the tiramisu but thought I should add some other flavors to enhance it. Any ideas?

Well, tastes are so individual, it really just depends on what your taste buds tell you is lacking in the FA Tiramisu.

If it needs more coffee, I'd use 0.35% of Wonder Flavors Brazilian Coffee. This flavor is STRONG, so go easy.
If it needs more cake, I'd go with 1.5% of FW Yellow Cake.
Chocolate, I'd use 1 to 1.5% of FA Cocoa.
Cream, I'd use 1% of Cap Vanilla Whipped Cream and maybe 1% of TFA Vanilla Swirl.
If you add all of that, you'll probably need some sweetener, too, so start at 0.5% of Cap Super Sweet or whatever you have that's equivalent.

Those are just the basic components, and in my mind kinda low starting percentages, so you can go up a little with whatever is still lacking.

I'd let this steep at least four days, and preferably a week, and then see where you are.

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
So I’m looking to make a clone of California vaping company- Apple berry cream puff the flavor was discontinued. Help me please.?

What kind of apple do you taste, red apple, green apple, or is apple a hard flavor to nail?
Berry... again.. what kind? :D

The more you can describe what it is you taste, the better someone else can help you.

What kind of apple do you taste, red apple, green apple, or is apple a hard flavor to nail?
Berry... again.. what kind? :D

The more you can describe what it is you taste, the better someone else can help you.
It’s definitely a red apple. I’m thinking the berry is a raspberry and strawberry combo.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
It’s definitely a red apple. I’m thinking the berry is a raspberry and strawberry combo.

So then order those flavors, in whatever brand you wish..
I use Flavorah.. as a little bit goes a long way.
I'd recommend to start low and work your way up. :)

Just curious what you use to add a creamy flavor? Do you use vanilla? I’ve noticed that some mixes that I like are using cereal flavors. I didn’t think I liked cereal blends. However, when trying to clone Monster Raspberry toast. I couldn’t get the fruit to pop and I couldn’t get creamy flavor and come to find out it’s because it’s got cereal flavors. Same with a key lime sugar cookie flavor that I was trying to recreate when I vaped it again I tasted the cereal flavors in it. Turns out it’s what I have been missing.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just curious what you use to add a creamy flavor? Do you use vanilla? I’ve noticed that some mixes that I like are using cereal flavors. I didn’t think I liked cereal blends. However, when trying to clone Monster Raspberry toast. I couldn’t get the fruit to pop and I couldn’t get creamy flavor and come to find out it’s because it’s got cereal flavors. Same with a key lime sugar cookie flavor that I was trying to recreate when I vaped it again I tasted the cereal flavors in it. Turns out it’s what I have been missing.
Well.....there are many kinds of cream flavors. Are you looking for cereal milk? Thick cream? Sweet cream? Half and half? Regular milk?

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think somewhere between sweet cream and thick cream. I like to compliment some fruit and dessert flavors
Ok. I would suggest FA Cream Fresh, FLV Cream and Capella Sweet Cream.

FA Cream Fresh is a good neutral cream. Not super thick but truly neutral. When I first started mixing, I would do FA Cream Fresh and FA Forest Fruit. Or FA Cream Fresh and a strawberry. Super easy.

FLV Cream is just a lovely cream. If my mix is needing “something” I throw FLV Cream at it and somehow it’s better. It’s useful and versatil.

Caps Sweet Cream is a little sweeter, not super thick and a true old school necessity. I still use it fairly often. Also useful and versatile.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
With the cereal thing.....are you using the recipe I found for you? With Caps Cereal 27 at 5%? That could be your problem right there. @nadalama and I both thought 5% was really high for that flavor. It probably IS muting the fruit and cream. Maybe drop it back to 3% and try it there.

Thats the joy of DIY.....ya don’t like it where it is, make adjustments!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

I love smooth vanilla FLV.. 1-2 drops per 30ml. a hint of cream this one has, as well as the addictive vanilla I got caught up in last winter :D then for a cereal milk I will use cream FLV at .4% to .6% with a follow up of sweet cream FLV from .6% up to 1%

Just depends on the cereal, if there is nuts or honey (love me some milk and honey FLV at .4% to .8%) or fruits.. so many ways to change up a recipe.. I have yet to get bored. :D

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

Double post.. go figure.

manuva

Member For 3 Years
Anyone have a good smores recipe? Have been dying to find a good one and FA chocolate is just too much for me. Maybe one that has no chocolate?

I love smooth vanilla FLV.. 1-2 drops per 30ml. a hint of cream this one has, as well as the addictive vanilla I got caught up in last winter :D then for a cereal milk I will use cream FLV at .4% to .6% with a follow up of sweet cream FLV from .6% up to 1%

Just depends on the cereal, if there is nuts or honey (love me some milk and honey FLV at .4% to .8%) or fruits.. so many ways to change up a recipe.. I have yet to get bored. :D
Thank you for your help. I have all the creams, custards and milks... I think I might do a test of 10 mls. on each of them so I can get to know each of them, and zero in on the flavor notes. After testing each of them. I could them add the same fruit to each and see how they taste as they steep. I'm def going to do this, thank you!!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for your help. I have all the creams, custards and milks... I think I might do a test of 10 mls. on each of them so I can get to know each of them, and zero in on the flavor notes. After testing each of them. I could them add the same fruit to each and see how they taste as they steep. I'm def going to do this, thank you!!

Remember, if they are super strong in a 10ml.. move up to a 30ml.
Most of my testers are 30's...

If I mix a recipe and like it.. it's normally a 30ml.. once in a while, I move up to 60's.. rare it is I do 4oz.. gota be a fantastic mix.. and if it is too totally good.. I will use an 8oz.. :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for this. I dont have all these flavors, but I'll give it a shot. Do you have any recipes that use toasted marshmallow? I've been exclusively making strawberry fog lately and love it, but looking for others. Cheesecakes, sm

I only mix with Flavorah... but maybe someone might come along and help.

Hello I am looking for the Recipie of a vape juice made by AlterEgo former Elgreco called "Manhattan"
Its a bit sweet tobacco with various fruits. some say the company using concentrates of Decadent Vapours UK. they advertising it as "Built on a strong smoky background, it is enhanced with sweet, fruity notes for a cosmopolitan indulgent experience. so other greek stores mention that its aromatic vanilla cigarrilos and some that it has Tobacco, Berries, Grape, Peach & Lemon... any help would be greatly appreciated cause i am looking for this thing for more than 8 years now...

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hello I am looking for the Recipie of a vape juice made by AlterEgo former Elgreco called "Manhattan"
Its a bit sweet tobacco with various fruits. some say the company using concentrates of Decadent Vapours UK. they advertising it as "Built on a strong smoky background, it is enhanced with sweet, fruity notes for a cosmopolitan indulgent experience. so other greek stores mention that its aromatic vanilla cigarrilos and some that it has Tobacco, Berries, Grape, Peach & Lemon... any help would be greatly appreciated cause i am looking for this thing for more than 8 years now...
@wildgypsy70 may know how to help you.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I wish he/she can, how we can find out? anything else I should do,any other info i can provide? I appriciate any help, thank you!
Hello!

I can try to help?

It’s been 8 years since you’ve had it? Do you remember anything about it? I only have a few Decadent Flavors in my stash and none of them are tobaccos, but I do have tobaccos that might fit the “vanilla tobacco” thing….like Inawera Vanilla for Pipe.

Just tell me anything you can remember about the juice. I probably can’t clone it, but with some luck, we can make something you can enjoy!

Hello!

I can try to help?

It’s been 8 years since you’ve had it? Do you remember anything about it? I only have a few Decadent Flavors in my stash and none of them are tobaccos, but I do have tobaccos that might fit the “vanilla tobacco” thing….like Inawera Vanilla for Pipe.

Just tell me anything you can remember about the juice. I probably can’t clone it, but with some luck, we can make something you can enjoy!
It's been more than 8 years (maybe even more) I try to make something similar but always fail. The juice is still on sale in Greece.
few of the shops that they sell it advertise it such this:
-Premium quality aromatic Cigarillo. Built on a strong tobacco background, it is reinforced with fruity elements for a cosmopolitan feel.
-Vanilla Cigarillo and fruit syrup.
-Aromatic tobacco with complex character, reminiscent of vanilla cigars. A trained palate can distinguish gentle fruity notes along with a spicy match!
-Taste: Aromatic cigar smoke.
- Tobacco, Berries, Grape, Peach & Lemon

Recently I tried a few combinations with tobacco,berries,Grape,peach and lemon and it seemed that
the peach was there for sure but in my version was to strong. perhaps the 3% in my mix was too much.
also even so its not mature yet and maybe its because of that seems that something else is missing
I also tried a few versions with different kind of peach concetrates and brands and grape as long some changes with addition of a bit of vanilla and different kind of berries... but nothing is near of what the real Manhattan is. everything taste dull and not strong enough and the peach overshadow everything.. i noticed that after i tried my version and then i vaped Manhattan i could almost only taste peach from it as well but with alot richer taste overall.
Many random people when they smell the vape i produce telling me they smell cookies or cake or some candy or vanilla. some think it might have some cherry or something similar as well.. another friend described it as a bit daugh/butter... and vanilla....

I even contacted Decadent vapours to ask if they are using some ready mix from them and rebrand it and they told me this:
"As for your enquiry. Alter Ego are a customer of ours and we supply them our liquids for use in their products. From speaking to my colleagues, it seems as though Alter Ego are likely mixing our liquids into their own products, and so we wouldn’t know exactly what liquids they’re using for “Manhattan”. They have recently ordered the following liquids, which may be helpful to you:
Tobacco Concentrate
American Red Concentrate
Virginia Concentrate"

btw i tried the peach,lemon,some berry and a mix of all these decadent tabaccos without luck...
I also ordered about 80 euro of concetrates from Decadent vapours maybe if I was lucky they would have used something completed from them and just rebranded it..sadly no luck.. at the time I didn't had the info though that it has peach,lemon,berry,grape so I ordered things i suspected it could do the trick and those where :
Amber Blend (Concentrate) - 10ml × 1
  • Bottle Size:
    10ml
£2.95
American Red (Concentrate) - 10ml × 2
  • Bottle Size:
    10ml
£5.90
Blueberry (Concentrate) - 10ml × 1
  • Bottle Size:
    10ml
£2.95
Hill Town (Concentrate) - 10ml × 2
  • Bottle Size:
    10ml
£5.90
Mandrake (Concentrate) - 10ml × 1
  • Bottle Size:
    10ml
£2.95
New York 60 (Concentrate) - 10ml × 2
  • Bottle Size:
    10ml
£5.90
Orchard Scrumple (Concentrate) - 10ml × 1
  • Bottle Size:
    10ml
£2.95
Sarsaparilla (Concentrate) - 10ml × 2
  • Bottle Size:
    10ml
£5.90
Tobacco (Concentrate) - 10ml × 2
  • Bottle Size:
    10ml
£5.90
Virginia (Concentrate) - 10ml × 1
  • Bottle Size:
    10ml
£2.95
Vimtage Pop (Concentrate) - 10ml × 1
  • Bottle Size:
    10ml
£2.95
Welsh Pipe (Concentrate) - 60ml × 1
  • Bottle Size:
    60ml
£15.25
Turkish Delight (Concentrate) - 10ml × 1
  • Bottle Size:
    10ml
£2.95
Vanille Française (Concentrate) - 10ml × 1
  • Bottle Size:
    10ml
£2.95
Brown Sugar Mixer × 1 £2.95
Blackberry Crumble (Concentrate) - 10ml × 1
  • Bottle Size:
    10ml
£2.95
Blue Limey (Concentrate) - 10ml × 1
  • Bottle Size:
    10ml
£2.95
Doughnut (Concentrate) - 10ml
nothing from these alone made what i was looking and few random mixes with those that remotely remind me a bit of potential similarities was a big failoure at the outcome.... Also I want to point out that what you get from the liquid when you smell it almost the exact you get when you vaping it. (both when its shake and vape and ready to vape versions)its a very complex smell. there are fruity notes for sure (one is the peach for sure-i think), but very gently and the tobacco feels really gently and i get some alchool perfume notes that i can't describe...
also the shake and vape is completely without color and when it mature turns yellow and the brownish.
- I have also tried many versions of Pipe and vanilla from Various brands,Welsh Pipe,Toscano Reserva,Tribeca,Cuban Cigar and cuban cigar with vanilla and another version with caramel and vanilla versions with forest fruits, pipe with cherry and vanilla,american tobaco with resin secret light fruits,
nothing comes near or even reminds me of Manhattan.
In reality Manhattan reminds me some real cheap vanilla/maybe choco aromatic cigarilos i was tried when i was young i think it was those or something : not quite but it reminded me of it a bit1669070020877.png

the first company that first made it:
one of the stores that still sells it:

Last edited:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Can someone make this into a clone or knows the recipe?
This is how they describe it:
"The classic flaky light pastry covered with a thick layer of vanilla custard finished with sticky pink icing."
For the pastry, I'm thinking WF croissant. There are many good custards. If you can try and guess what the heck "sticky pink icing" is, Maybe I can help (could be almost any fruit)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I did more research... it seems the glaze just has food coloring. But I found a similar recipe using a "cupcake" and the pink glaze is raspberry flavored (and maybe also lemon)
That sounds great! I'm going to try making this (SSA raspberry syrup sounds good)

I did more research... it seems the glaze just has food coloring. But I found a similar recipe using a "cupcake" and the pink glaze is raspberry flavored (and maybe also lemon)
That sounds great! I'm going to try making this (SSA raspberry syrup sounds good)
Tompouce is a dutch sort of cake with a glace some sort of rasberry flavour on top and then layer of cookie then a thick layer of vanilla creme and then second layer of cookie ...am also dutch and loving it but its really hard to make the dvtch Amsterdam tompouce liquid

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Every recipe (to make this "in real life") says puff pastry... that's why I chose croissant. I'm going to mix this tonight. Will post my recipe. BTW, I love helping people do clone recipes (like the challenge and also get ideas for my own DIY recipes) Going to use raspberry and just a hint of lemon. I have a really rich custard (FA premium) but feel it's overkill for this. Using WF flapper pie instead (a light custard with meringue) I also have OOO powdered sugar (which is what most icing/glaze are made from) but will only use a tiny bit. It will need a good steep (time for the flavors to develop and blend)
Hey... it called tompouce

A
Every recipe (to make this "in real life") says puff pastry... that's why I chose croissant. I'm going to mix this tonight. Will post my recipe. BTW, I love helping people do clone recipes (like the challenge and also get ideas for my own DIY recipes) Going to use raspberry and just a hint of lemon. I have a really rich custard (FA premium) but feel it's overkill for this. Using WF flapper pie instead (a light custard with meringue) I also have OOO powdered sugar (which is what most icing/glaze are made from) but will only use a tiny bit. It will need a good steep (time for the flavors to develop and blend)
Hey... it called tompouce
am so excited...I hope you can make it

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
am so excited...I hope you can make it
I mixed it today. Tried WF cream filling (first time using it) Left the powdered sugar out (might add some later) Used raspberry and a bit of lemon.
Hey... you didn't really tell me how it tasted (the original pre-made juice) Please give me more details.

I mixed it today. Tried WF cream filling (first time using it) Left the powdered sugar out (might add some later) Used raspberry and a bit of lemon.
Hey... you didn't really tell me how it tasted (the original pre-made juice) Please give me more details.
Its tasting like : creamy vanilla inside pastry outside and on the top some rasberry hint maybe dougnut or something or croissant dough its hard to say I dont tast the lemon tho ....on the original real tompouce I also don't. I hope it helps?

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'll take a shot at this profile as well!
I'm still finding my way with mixing and never had that liquid or a real Tompouce so I wouldn't want to get expectations up too much.
I'll post what I'm trying for my first attempt so that anyone else giving it a shot can compare or offer advice,

Admiral Tom

0.50% Cookie (Biscotto) (FA)
1.50% Croissant (SC) (WF)
2.00% Custard (Crema Pasticcera) (FA)
1.00% Frosting (Flavorah)
1.00% Shisha Raspberry (INAWERA)
1.00% Vanilla Cream (INAWERA)

This is only for a test mix and shouldn't be considered as a proper ready to go recipe yet!

I should have it mixed in the next week or so and usually give all my testers a month's rest, whether they need it or not. So it might be a while yet before I can say I might be onto something here or not.

I like VapeOn1960's thought to use the WF Cream Filling but am trying a different way to get there for this attempt.

I hope my tentative name is not in any way off-putting?
I tend to use less direct names for my recipes and went with that after reading a bit about Tompouce.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll take a shot at this profile as well!
Your recipe sounds great (BTW, I don't have a frosting/icing flavor... wish I did) I only used WF cream filling because I have been wanting to try it anyway (I might try this again with WF flapper pie or another custard) I think I used too much lemon and will omit it next try.
The name loosely translates to "tomcat" (childhood memories of the old cartoon flooding in)
Woops... the cartoon was "top cat" LOL Oh well... just for fun:

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Your recipe sounds great (BTW, I don't have a frosting/icing flavor... wish I did) I only used WF cream filling because I have been wanting to try it anyway (I might try this again with WF flapper pie or another custard) I think I used too much lemon and will omit it next try.
The name loosely translates to "tomcat" (childhood memories of the old cartoon flooding in)
Woops... the cartoon was "top cat" LOL Oh well... just for fun:
Thank you!
I just mixed a tester for it about an hour ago.
I almost swapped out the regular FA Custard (and its lemon/citrus note) for Custard Premium at the last minute since kelly44 said that there was no lemon note in the juice or the real thing, but stayed with it for this first attempt. Maybe it will mingle nicely with the raspberry.

Some sources suggest that the pastry was named after a performer,

"A tompoes or tompouce is a pastry in the Netherlands and Belgium. It is the local variety of the mille-feuille or Napoleon, introduced by an Amsterdam pastry baker and named after Admiraal Tom Pouce, the stage name of... Jan Hannema."

which was the inspiration for my name.

Wishing you success with your version!
(and anyone else having a go at it!)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I saw another dutch dessert that is a cupcake with raspberry icing... the lemon is in the cupcake. I now realize it doesn't fit the profile for this recipe. Going to start over but will still vape what I made (only 20 ml)
I also have FA custard premium... it's super rich and I actually feel it's too much for this recipe. Bavarian cream might be another option.
P.S. I will call mine "Top Cat"

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It seems my attempt is a fail. Didn't need the lemon, used too much croissant and not sure if I like WF cream filling (seems more like a pudding) I think @gloopdegurp has the right idea (especially using some cookie with croissant) I will try again soon.

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
It seems my attempt is a fail. Didn't need the lemon, used too much croissant and not sure if I like WF cream filling (seems more like a pudding) I think @gloopdegurp has the right idea (especially using some cookie with croissant) I will try again soon.
Well, most of my first attempts are fails. (or are just so-so, to my tastes)
I was second guessing my custard choice before I even mixed my tester!
I'll probably let my try rest for a month before I sample it.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, most of my first attempts are fails. (or are just so-so, to my tastes)
I was second guessing my custard choice before I even mixed my tester!
I'll probably let my try rest for a month before I sample it.
Please "cheat" and try a sample. Yes, I have learned... let it steep, but trying a bit along the way can be interesting.

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Please "cheat" and try a sample. Yes, I have learned... let it steep, but trying a bit along the way can be interesting.
Haha, I'll try!
I usually have at least 50 testers made at any given time anymore, occasionally approaching 70, so I tend to be slow working through them.
Plus I do still use some commercial juice.
I'm sure it would help my mixing to learn how a mix changes as it steeps.
I do smell them every couple of days though. (not sure if that has helped me learn anything yet)

I keep meaning to pare things down quite a bit so I can give the most promising mixes more attention, but then I get a new idea and the next thing I know my steeping drawer is full again!

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Okay, so I've been trying mine at just past two weeks and it is kind of pleasant but it doesn't say pastry to me, in my setup.
My tasters aren't the most refined, but I'm getting a light cream/filling with some faint raspberry and maybe just a touch of some sort of bakery note.

From kelly's description I would say my try needs more of a vanilla note, a bit thicker cream/filling element, and the bakery pumped up just a little to know it's there. The raspberry presence is probably okay, though I might try Raspberry Syrup instead and maybe skip the FLV Frosting - just thicken up the filling and let that carry the raspberry.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have also been rethinking my version. I went a bit high on croissant but that wasn't the real issue (besides that it didn't need any lemon) I thought I didn't like WF cream filling but after looking at ATF, I see I used it way too high (2 % seems the norm... I used 3-4 %) Maybe one of these days I will actually write notes (can't rely on my memory) I like the raspberry syrup (but too high and it goes "floral") I'm busy because of Christmas but haven't given up on this.
I found this (on ATF) but BCF doesn't have it:
https://alltheflavors.com/flavor/wonder-flavours-mille-feuilles-sc

VU Sponsors