Become a Patron!

Regulated mod without LCD?

Casper9104

Member For 2 Years
So i'm thinking of buying the tesla invader 3, it has no screen but still has a chipset idk if it's considered a mech mod because i'm not looking to buy one if that's the case.
Thanks

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Its a regulated mod with protections and VV. Its a solid little mod if you know what you are doing on the top half.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Building of the coils, atomizer assembly and so on. By not having an LCD you basically have a pass or fail as far as the mod is concerned, so you have to be more mindful of how you put everything together.

Casper9104

Member For 2 Years
Its a regulated mod with protections and VV. Its a solid little mod if you know what you are doing on the top half.
so it's
Building of the coils, atomizer assembly and so on. By not having an LCD you basically have a pass or fail as far as the mod is concerned, so you have to be more mindful of how you put everything together.

what about if i use a sub-ohm?

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Same deal. Safety first. Regardless what you use you should check your build. With a straight VV mod it will work fine with a sub-ohm tank. Difference being is you are estimating your wattage based on voltage and from that you can estimate run time and dial in your personal settings.

To be clear, either a rebuildable or a cartridge coil type tank will work on this. You just need to be more aware of what it is you are putting on the thing. Where you used to have a screen to tell you what wattage you are running at, the ohms you are running at, what your battery level is and so on, you now are reducing that to a few different colored LED's.

Im not trying to scare you away from it. I have several PWM mods and enjoy them tremendously. I rarely use a regulated mod, much less one with a display because I plan my builds and can almost with surgical precision predict the outcome. It is worth putting in the effort to learn ohm's law, watt's law and how your batteries and builds play together. There is a ton of information on here about these topics. Without preaching, it is highly recommended reading.

There are safeties in this mod that you want that keep it from firing on short and running the batteries all the way out. This doesn't mean you shouldn't know what you are doing with it, those safeties can fail or you can end up with a shit vape, or burn out coils in record time or shorten the life of your batteries by over taxing them. With a little learning you will love this mod, it is a good one.

Casper9104

Member For 2 Years
Same deal. Safety first. Regardless what you use you should check your build. With a straight VV mod it will work fine with a sub-ohm tank. Difference being is you are estimating your wattage based on voltage and from that you can estimate run time and dial in your personal settings.

To be clear, either a rebuildable or a cartridge coil type tank will work on this. You just need to be more aware of what it is you are putting on the thing. Where you used to have a screen to tell you what wattage you are running at, the ohms you are running at, what your battery level is and so on, you now are reducing that to a few different colored LED's.

Im not trying to scare you away from it. I have several PWM mods and enjoy them tremendously. I rarely use a regulated mod, much less one with a display because I plan my builds and can almost with surgical precision predict the outcome. It is worth putting in the effort to learn ohm's law, watt's law and how your batteries and builds play together. There is a ton of information on here about these topics. Without preaching, it is highly recommended reading.

There are safeties in this mod that you want that keep it from firing on short and running the batteries all the way out. This doesn't mean you shouldn't know what you are doing with it, those safeties can fail or you can end up with a shit vape, or burn out coils in record time or shorten the life of your batteries by over taxing them. With a little learning you will love this mod, it is a good one.
thanks so much for this i really appreciate it :)

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
came out with an invader 4. The pot knob is better and can use 21700, 20700, or 18650 and 280w. I'm getting one

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
came out with an invader 4. The pot knob is better and can use 21700, 20700, or 18650 and 280w. I'm getting one

Me too. This thing looks practical and they make it in orange.

VU Sponsors