KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Anyone getting this 26mm RTA? Curious to know about it if anyone is snagging it

Came out April and I haven’t seen anything on it, only because meowgi mentioned it I even heard of it

kinda slipped well behind with the release train of late

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I was all about it until I realized it’s too airflow.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Stupid autocorrect and fat thumbs

top airflow

love the deck design and everything else about it. I just despise top airflow

see I like the original and went through a stage of using a lot of top airflow RTAs ...by looks of it it’s cycling air under the coil as well or is that just a pointless hole in the deck?

3E2AA988-93A0-47AD-A7AE-AC065E7AA917.jpeg

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It is. But even in those cases I don’t like the “feedback” of too airflow. If that makes senses. They remind me of choking carburetor .

joha_wa_alhimar

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have it, and I like the flavor and the feel of the airflow, but have to say that the airflow adjustment design is questionable. The way they have it done with screwing in or unscrewing a ring along threads could have probably been done literally just as well if they had used the same method as the original Reload RTA.

Other than that, no complaints besides the fact that I can't use 3.5mm ID coils w/o spitback,. This isn't an issue really, though, because 3mm and lower works just fine.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I have it, and I like the flavor and the feel of the airflow, but have to say that the airflow adjustment design is questionable. The way they have it done with screwing in or unscrewing a ring along threads could have probably been done literally just as well if they had used the same method as the original Reload RTA.

Other than that, no complaints besides the fact that I can't use 3.5mm ID coils w/o spitback,. This isn't an issue really, though, because 3mm and lower works just fine.

thank you ??? so is that recessed part in the deck doing anything?, just looks to me like it cause cause issues with the grub screws/distortion over
time

ever tried the serpent or intake how would you compare to those two?

and is it the same as OG in flavour dept?

joha_wa_alhimar

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thank you ??? so is that recessed part in the deck doing anything?, just looks to me like it cause cause issues with the grub screws/distortion over
time

ever tried the serpent or intake how would you compare to those two?

and is it the same as OG in flavour dept?

Unfortunately, I've never tried the Serpent or Intake, so I can't compare there. And personally, my knowledge of physics is pretty lacking, so I have no idea if any air makes it down past the honeycomb to hit the bottom of your coils, but it's possible.

Honestly, the flavor is just as good as the OG for me, but the max open airflow is a little more restrictive. The airflow feels a little smoother than the OG if I close the OG a bit to match the restrictiveness. Your mileage may vary though, you never know.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
looks sweet, Awesome think you persuaded me to add it to the list ? only thing against it is probably going to be the QP jug mini, hoping @Letitia9 has given this a go too ?

I bought a Juggerknot Mini a few months ago and can't to save my life get the thing built so it doesn't give me dry hits. As much as I loved the flavor, I absolutely HATED the damn spitback off the thing. It was painful to even use it for the first eight or ten draws after vaping it from a cold start.

I don't remember details now as to what I put in it, but I watched videos and messed with the wicking several times. Just couldn't make it work right, so now I've pulled it off and put it to the side until I have the chutzpah to try again.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I bought a Juggerknot Mini a few months ago and can't to save my life get the thing built so it doesn't give me dry hits. As much as I loved the flavor, I absolutely HATED the damn spitback off the thing. It was painful to even use it for the first eight or ten draws after vaping it from a cold start.

I don't remember details now as to what I put in it, but I watched videos and messed with the wicking several times. Just couldn't make it work right, so now I've pulled it off and put it to the side until I have the chutzpah to try again.

First I’ve heard someone say that about it damn, hate Sodding about with finicky atties...I know letitia loves it so much she bought several hmm the reload is looking better now

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
First I’ve heard someone say that about it damn, hate Sodding about with finicky atties...I know letitia loves it so much she bought several hmm the reload is looking better now

I know, right? It's one of the few higher-end authentics I have, rarely invest the money in a single piece of gear that costs that much, so it was a huge disappointment for me. I have only been using rebuildables for a couple of years, but I look around at all the different atties that I've been able to do a great job with, and then I think about that Juggerknot, and it just pisses me off. I don't think the problem is just me. It's a disagreeable little bitch.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Seen his one a while back. I didn't like the AF configuration. Opening it makes it taller, and to get the most your on the edge of the top coming off. I've seen a couple ppl say some af comes up from the bottom, Bogan is 1.

@KingPin! How's it going with your GT4? Did you get the flavor up since last I seen?

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team

Are you using the original glass? I'll try to remember to send you some picks of coil placement and wicking that I'm using.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Are you using the original glass? I'll try to remember to send you some picks of coil placement and wicking that I'm using.

That would be great, thank you! Yes, I'm using the original glass.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Seen his one a while back. I didn't like the AF configuration. Opening it makes it taller, and to get the most your on the edge of the top coming off. I've seen a couple ppl say some af comes up from the bottom, Bogan is 1.

@KingPin! How's it going with your GT4? Did you get the flavor up since last I seen?

Thanks VF did seem odd just having this random gaping gouge in the deck without purpose

Literally taller? or just the AFC ring spins up like?

I haven’t yet sorted the GT4 mate no, have a rule of 2 haha (2 set ups at once out)

been into my summer tube mechs/drippers while the weather has been fine (overpowered stacked) such a good mech and the stock RDA it comes with is sweet as well

And a squonker is out at all times, so that’s been my carry about instead of a usual RTA

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Comparing it to the OG, all that I can see is increased juice capacity in exchange for─although this is subjective─much uglier looks resulting from an over-engineered AF system that, like GrimmGreen also mentioned in his video review of this RTA, causes the chamber to get choked off if going for coils bigger than 2.5mm ID. So, in essence, this 26mm build deck doesn't offer more build space than the OG at just 24mm, and, that's why I don't see this RTA being capable to compete against the Isolation RTA by Deathwish Modz... I got a whole fucking closet full of expensive authentic high end RDAs standing right in front of me, and, at the end of the day, if it doesn't give better flavor than the OG, which I already know it can't, then this forces me to compare it to other 26mm RTAs that do offer more build space than a regular 24mm RTA does. To which it loses out, miserably, exactly because of that.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Literally taller? or just the AFC ring spins up like?
I guess opening af doesn't make it literally taller.

From closed af ring down looks nice, but opening it makes it look funny, that cap w/heavy knurling looks ungodly, if cap was smoother and lp more like the Reload S it would match the rest of it better imo, and give a little height control via the tip.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Comparing it to the OG, all that I can see is increased juice capacity in exchange for─although this is subjective─much uglier looks resulting from an over-engineered AF system that, like GrimmGreen also mentioned in his video review of this RTA, causes the chamber to get choked off if going for coils bigger than 2.5mm ID. So, in essence, this 26mm build deck doesn't offer more build space than the OG at just 24mm, and, that's why I don't see this RTA being capable to compete against the Isolation RTA by Deathwish Modz... I got a whole fucking closet full of expensive authentic high end RDAs standing right in front of me, and, at the end of the day, if it doesn't give better flavor than the OG, which I already know it can't, then this forces me to compare it to other 26mm RTAs that do offer more build space than a regular 24mm RTA does. To which it loses out, miserably, exactly because of that.

Good point I have and like the OG if it’s not better why bother hmm food for thought, only area it can compete is seeping and even that’s ok when wicked ok on the OG

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I guess opening af doesn't make it literally taller.

From closed af ring down looks nice, but opening it makes it look funny, that cap w/heavy knurling looks ungodly, if cap was smoother and lp more like the Reload S it would match the rest of it better imo, and give a little height control via the tip.

Agree, like joha said some O-Rings would have sufficed

Meh ...ok what else is out at the moment worth a look?, looked at that QP nio RDA as well, tons of spares in the pack but looks like it could be problematic with spitting and watered down flavour

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Nio, I don't like having to buy every color of the rainbow.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good point I have and like the OG if it’s not better why bother hmm food for thought, only area it can compete is seeping and even that’s ok when wicked ok on the OG
The OG Reload doesn't leak even in the slightest. That is, if you thin out just the tip that's at the very end of each tail. Kind of like grooming fleas out of the cuts, very gently, repetitively, with patience and love instead of combing/pulling the whole tail, and, don't just cram it in there. Looking horizontally into each juice hole on the side, you should see something reminiscent of a glass curtain... use the sharp tip of a cotton hook tool to get all the cotton fibers to spread out evenly across the entire width in each juice hole. To get there, keep stabbing all the way through the tails vertically down everywhere, carefully so you don't rip it up and you don't squash it either. The idea is to loosen it up in such a particular way that juice can't creep through crevasses between the cotton and the juice holes. I wick it so lightly that I can chain vape on it without getting dry hits. No leaking. Constant chain vaping eventually does make it get hot, though. But then, this is part why I bought more of 'em... I have two blacks, the stainless, and the gold. (It's not real gold, but it is so worth its weight in real gold.)

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
The OG Reload doesn't leak even in the slightest. That is, if you thin out just the tip that's at the very end of each tail. Kind of like grooming fleas out of the cuts, very gently, repetitively, with patience and love instead of combing/pulling the whole tail, and, don't just cram it in there. Looking horizontally into each juice hole on the side, you should see something reminiscent of a glass curtain... use the sharp tip of a cotton hook tool to get all the cotton fibers to spread out evenly across the entire width in each juice hole. To get there, keep stabbing all the way through the tails vertically down everywhere, carefully so you don't rip it up and you don't squash it either. The idea is to loosen it up in such a particular way that juice can't creep through crevasses between the cotton and the juice holes. I wick it so lightly that I can chain vape on it without getting dry hits. No leaking. Constant chain vaping eventually does make it get hot, though. But then, this is part why I bought more of 'em... I have two blacks, the stainless, and the gold. (It's not real gold, but it is so worth its weight in real gold.)

Cool don’t get leaking either, take similar approach myself.... only get condensation weeping after a few days solid use, yeah I could take my finger off the fire button and draw afterwards to stop all that but to be honest don’t really think about it to much at the time haha

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Cool don’t get leaking either, take similar approach myself.... only get condensation weeping after a few days solid use, yeah I could take my finger off the fire button and draw afterwards to stop all that but to be honest don’t really think about it to much at the time haha
Condensation just never happens with how I vape it, which is a 27/36 Ni80 aliens 5 wraps 2.5mm ID dual coil build at .11 ohms, or 130 watts with a Samsung 20S battery in a single battery tube mech. But all tanks start to leak if you don't vape on it at least a couple times after you fill it up, as the bit of air sitting above the juice builds up underpressure (i.e. low pressure), which, aside from causing tiny air bubbles to slowly come out of the juice holes that you can see happening through the glass, is what holds the juice up inside the glass, and you don't want to flood the build deck of course. Also, if you overfill your RTA, then it can't build up enough underpressure due to having no air sitting above the juice inside the glass.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Condensation just never happens with how I vape it, which is a 27/36 Ni80 aliens 5 wraps 2.5mm ID dual coil build at .11 ohms, or 130 watts with a Samsung 20S battery in a single battery tube mech. But all tanks start to leak if you don't vape on it at least a couple times after you fill it up, as the bit of air sitting above the juice builds up underpressure (i.e. low pressure), which, aside from causing tiny air bubbles to slowly come out of the juice holes that you can see happening through the glass, is what holds the juice up inside the glass, and you don't want to flood the build deck of course. Also, if you overfill your RTA, then it can't build up enough underpressure due to having no air sitting above the juice inside the glass.

Quite

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I've only very recently realized how important it is to take at least a couple of draws off a tank that's just been refilled. It absolutely does help stop the leaking.

Yep always do, was more referring to after a few days of it, juice thickness plays a part, surrounding environment too ....cold ...thick juice, hot thin juice etc

Ever vape when it’s foggy outside...Vapour just hangs there for ages it’s great

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Half a dozen JK’s??? or other stuff?

Ooh if new stuff watcha got?
Forgot to come back and answer after I went to see what I have. Clones: qp gata, vg v6, tripod, gt4 somewhere between here and China, destiny, and a couple others I don't recognize. Also bought a couple axials but haven't dripped in months.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Oops, desinys aren't clones but got cheap on a presale deal. Ordered a Odin mini 75c today I'm looking forward to getting in a month or three. 101.48 at sourcemore after sign in, presale. Since I was there grabbed an aegis max as well.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Been eyeing up the tripod (legit one) when you try it let me know if its any good please also airflow not too restricted

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Been eyeing up the tripod (legit one) when you try it let me know if its any good please also airflow not too restricted
It has some fans next door. Flavor is great, wicking has a learning curve, loose rdl - mtl, seems af is pretty versatile due to the reducer chimney insert. Very popular with those that have princess tastes concerning rdl style af.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
It has some fans next door. Flavor is great, wicking has a learning curve, loose rdl - mtl, seems af is pretty versatile due to the reducer chimney insert. Very popular with those that have princess tastes concerning rdl style af.

hmm when you say lose RDL got anything in mind to compare to it? Been caught out a few times now and it ends up being to restricted for me

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
From the way they describe it maybe obs nano about a quarter to a third closed so probably airy enough for me with no reducers and fully open.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
With the AF wide open the AFC ring comes off if you give it only just another half turn so you need to be careful with that, as it sits on there fairly loosely at that wide open setting. Also with the AF wide open, even though it is a tiny little bit airier than semi-restrictive, it is still probably just a little bit too restrictive if you, like me, prefer to have the AF about 2/3 of the way open with most 24mm and 25mm RDAs when taking 2-3 second drags at above 100 watts for a moderately warm-ish, dense, fairly cloudy kind of vape (i.e. the type of loosely restrictive that is right smack in the middle between semi-restrictive and un-restrictive). But like I previously said, with coils bigger than 2.5mm ID it is most certainly too restrictive (and turbulent also in addition to that), due to the space around the coils being too limited for it to properly accomodate them. Either way, IME the OG Reload performs best with coils at just 2.5mm ID also so, just something to be aware of, just in case you thought the fact it is a 26mm RTA does imply that using 3mm ID coils will be without issues. It doesn't. With 2.5mm ID coils the AF is very smooth, though. Just that, with this RTA, I'd be taking 4 second drags at only medium-high wattage, which isn't true high wattage vaping so it doesn't quite meet my personal vaping style or preference.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
hmm when you say lose RDL got anything in mind to compare to it? Been caught out a few times now and it ends up being to restricted for me
Because of subjectivity, terminology is too loosely described and isn't enough.
By some simple method, af should be calculated at fully open setting. The calculation wouldn't have to be some scientific formula. Just something easily done to produce a number. It could be a super simple test like the average amount of pull, what restriction that produces, and referred to as a single digit number. Put the number on the packaging and include it in reviews. Then we could use that number to compare atomizers to what we like.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors