Become a Patron!

REO

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey, am really toying with saving up for a Reo LP, and using something like a Hastur V2s rda with it. What type of dual coil build would would you folks recommend for something like this, do you folks typically run a higher ohm build, say 1.0 ohm or so, or do you run a little lower? Just curious, thanks!

Last edited:

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I usually build around 0.8 ohms, but I know of folks that stay just above 0.3 ohms. Since the negative spring is designed to be a fuse, it could & should collapse if you go lower.

If you prefer low ohm builds, it would be a good idea to add some extra springs to the order. I've got a bunch I've never used, but it's not too difficult build a short in any atty.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ditto what Kent said ^^^.

You shouldn't have an issue as long as you don't go below 0.3. For dual coil builds, I usually come in around 0.5 or 0.6 and have never had a problem. Of course there is nothing wrong with going higher either, just personal preference.

Last edited:

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks gents, 0.6 to 0.8 sounds like a good range for me too. I knew that the coil was designed to fail at very low ohms but wasn't exactly sure of the range of failure. Good to know that.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always ran my reo lp at around.3 ohms. Never had problems aside from me being a button masher lol only thing I ever had actually fail or break was the positive contact tab , broke 2 or 3 of em before I bought the upgraded heavy duty replacement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Still trying to get my hands on a P67 :(

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Those P67s sure looked nice.

I love my LPs, but the limitation on atty size (without overhang) is a drag

I was poised and ready at his last sale, something happened and they sold out before I even got a chance :(

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

I was poised and ready at his last sale, something happened and they sold out before I even got a chance :(
Rob had intended to release another small run but had to spend time in a hospital. He's out now, so maybe more P67s will become available. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Rob had intended to release another small run but had to spend time in a hospital. He's out now, so maybe more P67s will become available. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

I check the site frequently, lol

Saw one for sale at Brand X forum, but it looks a little worn, is plain aluminum and comes with the SL door. Not afraid of used, but not feeling the love on it, lets say

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
P67 Sale day??
Is it 5:00 in Maine, yet????????

giphy.gif

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
P67 Sale day??
Is it 5:00 in Maine, yet????????

giphy.gif

ROFLMAO -

That was me, watching the clock. Then my mom calls with PROBLEMS - get her off the phone and they are all gone - and I was maybe 20 minutes late or something :cry:

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Actually, I missed getting one in the 2nd run too (I have one from the first batch). Kept looking and couldn't make up my mind on a friggin color, then finally picked and it was gone...and so was 2nd choice. I do think I'll get another one next time - I baby the one I have, and kind of want another so one could perhaps become my road warrior mod...

ROFLMAO -

That was me, watching the clock. Then my mom calls with PROBLEMS - get her off the phone and they are all gone - and I was maybe 20 minutes late or something :cry:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Actually, I missed getting one in the 2nd run too (I have one from the first batch). Kept looking and couldn't make up my mind on a friggin color, then finally picked and it was gone...and so was 2nd choice. I do think I'll get another one next time - I baby the one I have, and kind of want another so one could perhaps become my road warrior mod...

Hahaha, yeah, I know what you mean. I baby my LPs for no reason except I love them

Got my original one because they can take a beating, but once I started using it, can't stand the thought of taking the chance of putting either one in harm's way :facepalm:

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not 100% sure from the photo angle, but it could be the Reo P67.
An awesome model with a few improvements - like flat top and rounded corners.
And button is on the side (like the wood ones).

There's none available this minute, but a small batch under production that should go on sale one of these days (Rob had some medical stuff and was out of the shop for a bit).

P67-Narda.jpg

Cool. A Reo without that platform on the 510. I like flat flush 510s. Did you take that part off youself? Never was into the Reo's because of that, now that I see yours, all flush and shit, it looks way better (IMO).

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They seem to be "trickling in".
Before there was a yellow and a white. They're gone, but now there's a hammertone.
I'm resisting...so far.

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
They seem to be "trickling in".
Before there was a yellow and a white. They're gone, but now there's a hammertone.
I'm resisting...so far.
Hammertone now gone, but there is another yellow & a green. You're right; they are trickling in & rushing out.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Two solid green colored with SL doors up

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Crap. SL green & SL yellow - that ain't happening. Missed anything I wanted this round. :xD: I will get my hands on a P67 - eventually. :sad:

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks gents, 0.6 to 0.8 sounds like a good range for me too. I knew that the coil was designed to fail at very low ohms but wasn't exactly sure of the range of failure. Good to know that.

People do push as low as 0.2 ohm - it can be done. A lot of what the spring will tolerate in that range depends on your vape style and how long those pulls are when you get that low.

The spring paradox: Buys spares - and you will probably never collapse one. :p

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
P.S. I revisited that e-mail correspondence with Rob. As of 02/11 he said: "in 8 to 10 weeks the site will be stocked with p 67s all the time" That doesn't mean they won't be selling out fast either. That's gonna be a very long 8 to 10 weeks.

You can thank me later for probably shooting myself in the foot. If anyone grabs the first tumbled SL that shows up I WILL hurt you...

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Anyone know what an LPgrand would go for on the preowned market?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Anyone know what an LPgrand would go for on the preowned market?

There's a big pile of "it depends" for ya. Got any more details?

Old contacts & spring or upgraded low resistance parts?

New or old 510 connector?

Finish condition & color?

A beater with old contacts and the old 510 - seen them put up for about 75 bucks. Near mint with new everything - close to retail pricing.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
There's a big pile of "it depends" for ya. Got any more details?

Old contacts & spring or upgraded low resistance parts?

New or old 510 connector?

Finish condition & color?

A beater with old contacts and the old 510 - seen them put up for about 75 bucks. Near mint with new everything - close to retail pricing.
It was a gift, so I don't know alot of those.
I'm pretty sure it's the subohm spring, I regularly run a 0.2ohm build on it.
Mike milled it down to make it an LP.
The 510 is adjustable via Allen wrench

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It was a gift, so I don't know alot of those.
I'm pretty sure it's the subohm spring, I regularly run a 0.2ohm build on it.
Mike milled it down to make it an LP.
The 510 is adjustable via Allen wrench

That's definitely the new 510. The original version isn't adjustable.

If it's the new sub ohm contacts the battery positive contact is "curled" over. The old contact is sliver, and comes to a "v" point. The sub ohm spring would be gold instead of silver.

It probably gets a ding for being a milled down version showing bare metal instead of being finished. Certainly nothing wrong with that - a lot of people did/do it. Just not as appealing to someone who wants the pretties.

Can't really say much else without seeing it though. (And no - I don't work for the Reo auction house. lol)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's definitely the new 510. The original version isn't adjustable.

If it's the new sub ohm contacts the battery positive contact is "curled" over. The old contact is sliver, and comes to a "v" point. The sub ohm spring would be gold instead of silver.

It probably gets a ding for being a milled down version showing bare metal instead of being finished. Certainly nothing wrong with that - a lot of people did/do it. Just not as appealing to someone who wants the pretties.

Can't really say much else without seeing it though. (And no - I don't work for the Reo auction house. lol)
Then it is subohm the contact it bent over
2b370c6b3b4a5fa9f2ae2c66e12ee4b1.jpg
343b8ad352b1fe01afaf063af2727f9c.jpg
4c5b23e5b0d1f2050fadbdfff66c8eaf.jpg

She's in surprisingly good shape for being owned by me

Last edited:

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hey guy's ,
Look what a cheap metal drip tip can do if you let an idiot like me have it ,,,!!!.
I was just coming back from the store with a small handful of goodies , including the drip tip in question ,
when I decided to try it out , well I heard a " cluncking " sound coming from my mod and low and behold .....
It shorted my frigging Reo out,
too much inside cap dept
hit the top of my freaking posts, well clamps actually ( Hadaly ).
made me mad,,,, look,,,,,

THANK GOD & REO FOR COLLAPSABLE SPRINGS.......
Sx11oxL.jpg

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey guy's ,
Look what a cheap metal drip tip can do if you let an idiot like me have it ,,,!!!.
I was just coming back from the store with a small handful of goodies , including the drip tip in question ,
when I decided to try it out , well I heard a " cluncking " sound coming from my mod and low and behold .....
It shorted my frigging Reo out,
too much inside cap dept
hit the top of my freaking posts, well clamps actually ( Hadaly ).
made me mad,,,, look,,,,,

THANK GOD & REO FOR COLLAPSABLE SPRINGS.......
Sx11oxL.jpg
TGIR

(Thank God It's Reo)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Daaammmm - how does the Hadaly look????

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
And that's exactly why Reos are recommended for people who are new to squonking.

I collapsed my spring one month after I started my squonking journey. Since then I always check my builds with the cap on on a regulated mod or an ohmmeter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yer I have gotten into the habit of doing this every time I build something,,,
I just popped the tip off the atty and put the new one on and BAM collapse city , never dreamed it would be tooooooo long and " bridge" the posts,,, damn.
It's been a crap weekend so far and to top it off I have to go and get gas and mow the yard.
Man "When will it all end",,,, lol,,,;)

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just popped the tip off the atty and put the new one on and BAM collapse city , never dreamed it would be tooooooo long and " bridge" the posts,,, damn.
It's been a crap weekend so far and to top it off I have to go and get gas and mow the yard.
To be honest it would have happened to me too..I rarely check the length of my drip tip :confused:

PuffOn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have noticed this with the Hadaly. The screws are high and in the drip tip "path"
Not sure if the authentic are like that, but the SXK and Shenray clones are the same.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Was that an authentic or clone Hadaly?

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It never occurred to me to even check!!!

on the tip I got from the 'o' ring down was a good 3/16" and above the ring to the little ledge where it stops it from going any further is @ 1/8",,, so I took that bastard out to the sander and lopped it to just before the 'o' ring :devil: .
All is hunky dory now,,,

100_1910.jpg

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cheap introductory set-ups (<$60) seem to dominate the discussions, & some very expensive exotics (>$500) have been unveiled. The middle ground-- the popular, reliable, affordable, beautiful yet rugged Reo has been largely overlooked.

Most people I know who are looking into getting a squonker want a regulated device these days. Me, I'd love a Reo. But... mechanical :( So, I have to turn to other gold standards of middle ground, popular, reliable, affordable, beautiful and *electronic* squonking mods - which, thankfully, have finally gotten easy to get recently.

If Reo released a box with a DNA board, it would sell like hotcakes. But they stubbornly stick to mechanical. That's why they're largely overlooked in this day and age, and it's likely to stay that way.

VU Sponsors