Become a Patron!

Replacement o-rings for RDA

Thejoebear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Can ANYONE tell me where to get 22mm O-rings that aren't the thickest damn things on earth?! Every one I've tried from all over the damn place may fit but they're way too thick to use. Plume Veil and Big Block 454. Please... fucking help me.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I purchase all my o-rings from Kidney Puncher and have ALWAYS been happy. However, they do not have 22mm that I can find. If you use an 18mm (http://www.kidneypuncher.com/18mm-black-o-rings-10-pack/) the o-ring will strech and be thinner. These are not thick 0-rings in the first place, so they should work fine. And for $1.95 fro a pack of 10, It won't break the bank to try it out. Hope that helps!

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most RDAs/RTAs come with extras, i just keep them all in a bag.

Thejoebear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I purchase all my o-rings from Kidney Puncher and have ALWAYS been happy. However, they do not have 22mm that I can find. If you use an 18mm (http://www.kidneypuncher.com/18mm-black-o-rings-10-pack/) the o-ring will strech and be thinner. These are not thick 0-rings in the first place, so they should work fine. And for $1.95 fro a pack of 10, It won't break the bank to try it out. Hope that helps!
That's whats up thank you! Fun fact, used to work at this tattoo shop and my nickname there was Chowder lol.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's whats up thank you! Fun fact, used to work at this tattoo shop and my nickname there was Chowder lol.
You're welcome! And just a side note fun fact: the code name "Chowder" has it's origin in the JFK assasination investigaton. Not common knowlege and hard to find, but if you dig a little, it's there!

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey, out of curiosity, what material should atomizer o-rings be made of?
I think that directly depends on two conditions found in the vaping atomizer: (1) Heat - If you are heating the area of the applied o-ring to the point of degradation, you will get a burnt rubber or chemical taste; and (2) the type of juice applied - Those juices that are known to degrade plastic tanks are just as hard on o-rings. In both of these cases, I would suggest silicon o-rings due to the fact that they are made to withstand higher heat and are not affected by acidic nature of those juices. However, for the vast majority of o-ring applications in RDA's the applied/supplied o-rings are usually just fine due to the fact that (1) they are typically well away from the heating element (coil), and (2) there is minimal contact of juice from the well. I do have personal experience with my o-rings degrading from juice contact though. I vape A LOT of cinnamon and it totally degrades the supplied o-rings. It just makes them sloppy and decreases their elasticity to the point where you can't get the top cap back on the base with the o-ring sitting within the channel properly. Hence my recommendation to the OP on where to get the o-rings he's looking for. I bought 5 packs of 10 at approximately $10 just to replace the base o-rings on my RDA's. So yeah, been there, done that! I have never had a burnt rubber or chemical taste from the o-rings though.

Thejoebear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You're welcome! And just a side note fun fact: the code name "Chowder" has it's origin in the JFK assasination investigaton. Not common knowlege and hard to find, but if you dig a little, it's there!
Lol had no idea that's, that's awesome.

Flavor > Clouds

VU Sponsors