Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Duh. Never mind. I just saw the filter.
LOL I didnt realize you replied again saying you fixed it. Here I am rattling my brain trying to figure out what is going on. lol

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Email notifications are seriously delayed by 4-5 hours and sometimes not at all or I replied to the thread before the Email Notification came. Kind of sucks having to check for new posts by clicking in the Bell. That doesn't show the red number so have to click on conversations to see the new notifications. See what you can do because to me that is a very necessary tool.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Unable to post anything. Jeesh, I wonder if this will post. Won't allow convos either.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It seems there is an ongoing issue with Crap-a-talk and notifications of posts over and over again when no new posts have been made. For instance, someone makes a post. I will get notifications every 10 to 60 minutes for the next several hours about that one post. When I check, there is no new post to read.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
On tapatalk. I even uninstalled it and did a new install, and the glitch persists.

Sent from my silken pinecone using Tapatalk

I have reported the Font Size of the number in the notifications and the standard answer is they are looking into it or never addressed. Sad

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is a taptalk issue nothing to do with us. I'm having cj look at it to see if there is anything we can do.

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk
I sent an email to Tapatal support advising them they appear to have a glitch that needs addressing. In the meanwhile, I turned off notifications for the app to stop the bullshit from annoying me further.

Sent from my Silken Pinecone using Crapatalk

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Getting a number of issues. Just here on this site.
Im often getting "Aww snap something went wrong" message and having to reload everything. Other is I go to Like or Quote a post a d the red line rolling across the top of the screen does so for several minutes then nothing happens, no like appears and no quote. Press them again and they work. Often too a lag in writing. It looks like nothing happening then the words slowly appear letter by letter. Right now is ok but it does it at random times.
The Aww Snap and Like issues are every visit here recently.

All we do is add a plug-in to the forum and that's it. We have no control over how the board interacts with taptalk. We are still looking into why it's happening.

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, this isn't a bug but could not find an answer by searching... how do you cancel a post you started writing, but don't want to post?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Sorry, this isn't a bug but could not find an answer by searching... how do you cancel a post you started writing, but don't want to post?
Before you hit send?
You can just exit out of the tab without hitting send.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Before you hit send?
You can just exit out of the tab without hitting send.
Thanks - but I not only closed the tab, I also logged out and closed the browser... but when I log back in the empty post is still there... now it's sitting beneath the page count on the bottom of the page with the Post Reply button. No matter what I do, can't get rid of it.

In fact I started to write this reply, then wanted to go see if the post was really gone. So I closed this tab (which closed VU)... got back to VU and logged in, went and found the other post still sitting there, came back to this thread., and THIS post was sitting here half written.

I formally request a CANCEL button! :) (Am on a laptop W764 FTR.)

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And forgot to mention - no I did not hit SEND. Just started writing it, then wanted to cancel.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Thanks - but I not only closed the tab, I also logged out and closed the browser... but when I log back in the empty post is still there... now it's sitting beneath the page count on the bottom of the page with the Post Reply button. No matter what I do, can't get rid of it.

In fact I started to write this reply, then wanted to go see if the post was really gone. So I closed this tab (which closed VU)... got back to VU and logged in, went and found the other post still sitting there, came back to this thread., and THIS post was sitting here half written.

I formally request a CANCEL button! :) (Am on a laptop W764 FTR.)
That is a feature of Xenforo. We have no control over it remembering/saving where you left off. To get rid of the post... delete everything typed in the box then hit post reply, that will trigger an error that should let you back out of it.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is a feature of Xenforo. We have no control over it remembering/saving where you left off. To get rid of the post... delete everything typed in the box then hit post reply, that will trigger an error that should let you back out of it.
OK, it posted anyway. But maybe (I just realized) b/c there was still the quoted post (I had deleted what I wrote.) Would appreciate deleting the post (edited it after it posted a blank reply to say I tried to cancel it, so there is text in it now.)
https://vapingunderground.com/threads/the-official-vape-mail-thread-2.504622/page-195#post-3025431 post #97111 Thanks... and if it happens again I will try deleting even the quoted text.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am receiving Email Notifications for non-existent messages this morning? Can't post a screen shot in here.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I am receiving Email Notifications for non-existent messages this morning? Can't post a screen shot in here.
Did this problem ever clear up?

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
All over the place recently.
In the past 2 weeks on Tapa and the Web version I come here and go to look at and answer a new, what I think is new, post or question. But after giving a response and go to send I see its an old one or first post type one.
Im now getting why it "seems" some are bringing up old posts and looking like trolls. I have had it happen several times in the past week.
Look and see a request for help or reply, go to give it just to see its an old one or the first page of a long thread.
I believe I have wrongly misjudged some posts here in the past month or so.
Just today 2 showed up as new that when I went to reply I realised were from months ago and 1 from 2 yrs ago!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
All over the place recently.
In the past 2 weeks on Tapa and the Web version I come here and go to look at and answer a new, what I think is new, post or question. But after giving a response and go to send I see its an old one or first post type one.
Im now getting why it "seems" some are bringing up old posts and looking like trolls. I have had it happen several times in the past week.
Look and see a request for help or reply, go to give it just to see its an old one or the first page of a long thread.
I believe I have wrongly misjudged some posts here in the past month or so.
Just today 2 showed up as new that when I went to reply I realised were from months ago and 1 from 2 yrs ago!

What part of this is the bug?

When some fool bumps a 6 year old post to the top that's exactly where it ends up. at the top.
You can put the nerco post bumper on ignore. That should help.

The new posts section of the forum is just what it says. it brings the newest posts to the top.
If some idiot comes along and post a few words on the forums oldest threads they will come to the top of the list because they have new posts.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
What part of this is the bug?

When some fool bumps a 6 year old post to the top that's exactly where it ends up. at the top.
You can put the nerco post bumper on ignore. That should help.

The new posts section of the forum is just what it says. it brings the newest posts to the top.
If some idiot comes along and post a few words on the forums oldest threads they will come to the top of the list because they have new posts.
Hi mate. I actually am lost with how it happens. But it is happening. I tap in and see a new reply. Then go to reply. And then see its a reply to an old post.
For me its this. I tap in. On a certain section of the forum. Now its not always a newbie. Sometimes I tap on a section and see a thread. Go to it and its the first page. But thinking its the last as I and others have been active in it over just days.
And sometimes its not because a person has resurected it, its the first page even though I went in thinking and seeing it was the last one.
Sometimes its just a few pages ago, several, or months.
I have no idea other than to say im in the past month or 2 seeing it and am getting why some newies are answering old posts.
Sometimes I see old threads with NO new replies! As if they were new!
Thats all I can say I see from my end. How often those? Maybe 1 a week now.
Was maybe 1 every 2 months which i dismissed, but now is more common.
Thats the best I can relay.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hi mate. I actually am lost with how it happens. But it is happening. I tap in and see a new reply. Then go to reply. And then see its a reply to an old post.
For me its this. I tap in. On a certain section of the forum. Now its not always a newbie. Sometimes I tap on a section and see a thread. Go to it and its the first page. But thinking its the last as I and others have been active in it over just days.
And sometimes its not because a person has resurected it, its the first page even though I went in thinking and seeing it was the last one.
Sometimes its just a few pages ago, several, or months.
I have no idea other than to say im in the past month or 2 seeing it and am getting why some newies are answering old posts.
Sometimes I see old threads with NO new replies! As if they were new!
Thats all I can say I see from my end. How often those? Maybe 1 a week now.
Was maybe 1 every 2 months which i dismissed, but now is more common.
Thats the best I can relay.

What browser do you use for the web version?
I usually just have this open:
I lay on the refresh button.

On my laptop I see all of the info I need. On the phone I can't see who posted last. I can see the time of the last post but not the time the thread was started.

Here's the laptop view.

1629261645134.png

Here's the view from my phone
I can't see shit when it comes to info. Lol. I know when the last post was but not who posted it.

Screenshot_20210818-004336_Brave.jpg

Edit: Merged - It even looks nice. :bliss:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
What browser do you use for the web version?
I usually just have this open:
I lay on the refresh button.

On my laptop I see all of the info I need. On the phone I can't see who posted last. I can see the time of the last post but not the time the thread was started.

Here's the laptop view.

View attachment 185351

Here's the view from my phone
I can't see shit when it comes to info. Lol. I know when the last post was but not who posted it.

View attachment 185352

Edit: Merged - It even looks nice. :bliss:
Hi I use Tapatalk and the Web version.
It may be my phone. Its crashing now often with multiple issues. I stupidly downloaded some music files from a youtube converter site. I can charge it one minute, not the next. Can browse then it turns iself off. Its near ruined. I just got a new Motorola today in another town and am waiting for the screen protector and gel case for it. May be a week or 2 till i see those. But the last 2 days with my beloved LG has been :tantrum:đź‘Žđź‘Ž
Mobile phones here are hard to get in my town and other places wont ship. Which is why I had to do a 2 hr drive there and back to get the Moto E7 i got today.
Will see how it goes when I get it up and running. I got a message today my musses rang me when I was there. Called her and she hadn't rang me at all.
Its turned into junk! :mad:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hi I use Tapatalk and the Web version.
It may be my phone. Its crashing now often with multiple issues. I stupidly downloaded some music files from a youtube converter site. I can charge it one minute, not the next. Can browse then it turns iself off. Its near ruined. I just got a new Motorola today in another town and am waiting for the screen protector and gel case for it. May be a week or 2 till i see those. But the last 2 days with my beloved LG has been :tantrum:đź‘Žđź‘Ž
Mobile phones here are hard to get in my town and other places wont ship. Which is why I had to do a 2 hr drive there and back to get the Moto E7 i got today.
Will see how it goes when I get it up and running. I got a message today my musses rang me when I was there. Called her and she hadn't rang me at all.
Its turned into junk! :mad:
Have you tried a hard reset on the phone?

I have a Samsung S20 now. The past 3 smartphones before that were LG. They are the G2, G4, and V40 ThinQ. EVERY one ended up with the battery swollen up like a football. This was fine with the first 2 because I could buy OEM batteries online. The V40 doesn't come open so when I got it I figured they'd have the swollen battery problem fixed. Sure enough 18 1/2 months after getting the phone and just one week after paying the final $180 in full from the flex lease the case popped off because the battery was so swollen. There was a huge opening down one side of the phone.
The 18 month warranty was useless because it was 18 months 2 weeks.
I ended up ordering a battery for $15 and watching people repair phones on YouTube.
I got the new Samsung S20 then.
I fived the V40 so now I have it as a backup. :)

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I know email was being worked on through the weekend. Has it been fixed? If so, I'm still not receiving any emails. I've tried everything that I know to do. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I know email was being worked on through the weekend. Has it been fixed? If so, I'm still not receiving any emails. I've tried everything that I know to do. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
Hi @2WhiteWolves :wave:
The entire email sever needed to be updated.

Joe was asking if email was working again earlier but unfortunately I had to be at a doctors appointment.
Has it gotten any better? Could you please go through the process of turning email alerts off and then back on once more to see if it helps?
It's possible that the email alerts could start working since the update had just happened a bit ago.

I'll let Joe know via Skype as soon as you get back to me.
Thank you

:)

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
What I want to know is are you getting the actual email when you subscribe to the thread. Also, please check your spam folder(s).

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi @2WhiteWolves :wave:
The entire email sever needed to be updated.

Joe was asking if email was working again earlier but unfortunately I had to be at a doctors appointment.
Has it gotten any better? Could you please go through the process of turning email alerts off and then back on once more to see if it helps?
It's possible that the email alerts could start working since the update had just happened a bit ago.

I'll let Joe know via Skype as soon as you get back to me.
Thank you

:)
Thanks 5150 ! I went in and turned them off and back on. Now, just have to wait till someone replies to one of my watched threads or PM to see if worked.
Thank you!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Some how emails when I get a PM got turned on for me. Not something I selected. I unchecked it so now I will see if I continue to get emails when I get a PM or not. I get too many emails as it is (not from VU) so it I have the option I turn them off. At least I don't don't have a work account I have to monitor any longer.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well guys, it's officia,,,,,,, it's been 4 weeks, as of today, for not receiving any emails :(

Is it time for me to pay a Ransome :question:

Maybe try to change email address ? Kinda afraid of doing this, I may not get an email from here in order to confirm new email address.

Anyone have any suggestions ? I've tried everything except for above. I've unchecked to receive any emails, logged out, login, recheck to receive emails, logged out, login, done this several several several times, cleared cache, tried Firefox, Chrome, Brave, DuckDuck Go, changed settings in anti-virus, whitelisted VU,,,,,,.....still No Emails :cuss2: :xD: :tantrum: :deadhorse: :cuss:

What the Hell am I doing wrong???

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just a while back when they did the tune up I started gettin emails from just one or maybe two threads that I post in and they are not the ones that I post in the most, crazy :crazy:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Well guys, it's officia,,,,,,, it's been 4 weeks, as of today, for not receiving any emails :(

Is it time for me to pay a Ransome :question:

Maybe try to change email address ? Kinda afraid of doing this, I may not get an email from here in order to confirm new email address.

Anyone have any suggestions ? I've tried everything except for above. I've unchecked to receive any emails, logged out, login, recheck to receive emails, logged out, login, done this several several several times, cleared cache, tried Firefox, Chrome, Brave, DuckDuck Go, changed settings in anti-virus, whitelisted VU,,,,,,.....still No Emails :cuss2: :xD: :tantrum: :deadhorse: :cuss:

What the Hell am I doing wrong???

You're right. I wouldn't change the email for that reason.
Joe seems to think that since his emails are working, they all must be.
I told him it wasn't the case. Yet here we still are without emails. me included.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You're right. I wouldn't change the email for that reason.
Joe seems to think that since his emails are working, they all must be.
I told him it wasn't the case. Yet here we still are without emails. me included.
And, still here twiddling my thumbs waiting for someone to fix this! Though, I am getting ready to put the middle one up grrrrrr and it would be intended for those who will NOT or who are out right REFUSING to address this problem. I don't like to be angry at anyone on here especially those you run this site, but this is past the point of ridiculous grrrrr....straight up 5 weeks now with NO EMAILS
and, sorry @5150sick , you are still not getting emails either :(

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
For shits and grins, I just enabled emails. For me anyway, emails are working. I just got several for a watched thread. I will leave it enabled all day and be irritated with amount of emails I will be receiving just to see.

@2WhiteWolves and @5150sick there are several places you need to have enabled in your account settings. The first is on the Account Details and the second is on Preferences. Have you tried turning them off and hitting save, then turning them on and hitting save? Are you using a computer or a phone? I'm using a computer

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
1700167424614.png

This is the only one that I need to have on.
it's been on the whole time.

1700167477980.png

it's off.

1700167527247.png

it's back on and saved.

I'm now going to wait for a pm and pray for a miracle.

I never used any of these other email preferences and don't want to.
I don't need an email every time someone does a handcheck or posts about drinking their morning coffee.

1700167723275.png

VU Sponsors