Become a Patron!

Reuleaux Rx 200

Reuleaux RX 200 ... Please help. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Changed the coil, primed it... Bur

• User error

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Primed coil

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep, knowing what tank, coil, and wattage would really help.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok I assume from that wattage you're running the 1.8 ohm kanthal coil in power mode, correct?

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't know. How do I find that info
Well the ohm rating of the coil should be stamped/printed on the side of the coils and on the box they came in. The 1.8 kanthal coils should have blue o-rings/gaskets on the bottom part if they are genuine Aspire coils. As far as what mode you're in it should either say power with the wattage displayed. If it's in TC (temperature control) mode it would have the temperature you're running at in the display. I don't have an RX-200, but most of the mods work pretty much the same way. BTW, you should never try to run TC with anything other than a Ni200, TI1, or SS coil Kanthal will not work in TC on this mod.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't think Aspire even has a TI coil for that tank.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd replace the coil with a new one, set the mod to VW, start from 10W and go up from there as/if needed.

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Curious... why get such a high powered mod for such low powered use? You could have gotten something much simpler to use and much better suited to what you need for less than a Reuleaux.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Curious... why get such a high powered mod for such low powered use? You could have gotten something much simpler to use and much better suited to what you need for less than a Reuleaux.
Why not, it vapes well at lower wattage and the battery life is awesome

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Press the power button three times fast the top left hand corner should blink. use the + button to change to vw.

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why not, it vapes well at lower wattage and the battery life is awesome
For what's she's using it for its way more than she needs. Plus she sounds fairly inexperienced as she didn't understand the difference in modes or even what coil she's using. It's not always safe to buy "the best" just because everyone else does. It's better to learn on something else and gradually graduate your way up. I love both my Reuleaux's, but I understand how to use the different modes, battery safety, etc and I vape at 120-150 watts typically. Something more simple and basic would be better suited until she learns more.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
she has the mod in hand and I see no reason to tell them to go buy another mod to learn on, the RX has good safety features and plenty of room to grow and is pretty simple to use

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
she has the mod in hand and I see no reason to tell them to go buy another mod to learn on, the RX has good safety features and plenty of room to grow and is pretty simple to use
To each their own. Just my opinion. When I'm advising someone new to vaping I prefer to have them start simple and grow. But that's just how I roll. I still have every mod I've ever owned back to my MVP2. If she's happy with her Triton and prefers lower wattage, it may more pleasurable to her to have something simpler and less confusing so she can be confident in what she's doing and spend less time confused. Like I mentioned in another thread, I ran into a guy that was vaping a 2/3 at 100+ watts using .1ohm coil and using Panasonic battteries that were rated to 7.5 amps... clearly he didn't have an good understanding and could have put himself in danger.

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To each their own. Just my opinion. When I'm advising someone new to vaping I prefer to have them start simple and grow. But that's just how I roll. I still have every mod I've ever owned back to my MVP2. If she's happy with her Triton and prefers lower wattage, it may more pleasurable to her to have something simpler and less confusing so she can be confident in what she's doing and spend less time confused. Like I mentioned in another thread, I ran into a guy that was vaping a 2/3 at 100+ watts using .1ohm coil and using Panasonic battteries that were rated to 7.5 amps... clearly he didn't have an good understanding and could have put himself in danger.
Everything you said is true or I agree with. Props to you keeping old stuff only thing I kept is the og aspire esp 30w.

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really should pass some of it on to others, but then I will want to buy more. I have 5 that I rotate between... IPV3li, IPV5, IPV6X, RX200S and RX2/3... the rest really collect dust.

It frustrates me when shops sell too much power to an inexperienced vaper. It's like selling a Ferrari to a 16 year old. Especially when they don't even teach them battery safety. She should hold on to the Reuleaux and get something simpler to learn on in my opinion.

Besides, almost everyone I know owns more than one, so call it starting her collection. Lol

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really should pass some of it on to others, but then I will want to buy more. I have 5 that I rotate between... IPV3li, IPV5, IPV6X, RX200S and RX2/3... the rest really collect dust.

It frustrates me when shops sell too much power to an inexperienced vaper. It's like selling a Ferrari to a 16 year old. Especially when they don't even teach them battery safety. She should hold on to the Reuleaux and get something simpler to learn on in my opinion.

Besides, almost everyone I know owns more than one, so call it starting her collection. Lol
We kinda jumped straight in not mechs but box mod. Whole lot more advice to give as products changed. My wallet situation will not let me keep anything have to hustle to get something new. Iam starting over by learning about this dna. Taken a breck so thats why iam on here commenting. lol

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I totally need a DNA200. Well, maybe not need but want one so bad. Just not sure which one or even why I want one. I just do. LOL

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I totally need a DNA200. Well, maybe not need but want one so bad. Just not sure which one or even why I want one. I just do. LOL
Thats why went with the Vt75 price its only 75watts. Iam strictly watts if your going to temp control just jump straight into dna. Thats what you tell new vapors not to do not setting a good example. lol

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haha well I do know what a DNA will do, I just don't know why I want one when I already have so many other boxes. I'm sure it would be just overkill, but I feel like the collection wouldn't be complete without one.

TheRealSean

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haha well I do know what a DNA will do, I just don't know why I want one when I already have so many other boxes. I'm sure it would be just overkill, but I feel like the collection wouldn't be complete without one.
Let me grab this phone number. I know a good doctor that deals with addiction. lololol

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
LOL yeah I may need one. So much for saving money by not smoking.

LOL, but when you look at it over time, even with spending sprees, you do save. I, for sure, have not spent +$15 in the last four years.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would read the instructions manual good, it explains everything well.......

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors