Become a Patron!

Reuleaux RX G Kit review

I_aint_Joe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Introduction

This is about as far away from being a stealth vape as is possible, it’s red and gold (at least mine is), the battery tube lights up, it has mirror panels that also light up, and the fire button looks something used for launching missiles rather than for vaping.

All of the above is exactly why I requested this kit to review, I have a lot of black, gun metal and silver mods that I love, but sometimes it’s good to have something a little silly.

DSC00781.jpg
Stock images are here

Product overview

The Wismec Reuleaux RX G kit is a strangely futuristic single 18650 mod and matching stock-coil tank.

What do you get?

• Reuleaux RX G mod
  • Reuleaux G 4.7ml tank
  • Type-C USB cable
  • 1×0.5ohm WX coil-head
  • 1×0.5ohm WX coil-head
  • Manuals/warranty card/etc

DSC00513.jpg

First impressions

I’m really not sure where to start, because visually there’s a lot to take in, but here goes:

The mod has a metal main body, with contrasting metal exoskeleton, an exposed battery tube, small mirrored panels on the sides and a large industrial/military style contrasting fire button.

Below the fire button is a lock switch that prevents you from fully depressing the fire button and the battery is held in place with a bottom hinged door.

Ignoring the eccentric design of the mod, it feels solid and ergonomic.

Apart from the color scheme, the tank is a very conventionally designed stock-coil tank, no pod, no magnets, no complex filling systems – just a normal tank.

DSC00769.jpg
Chipset

To access the menu, you need to hold down power up/down simultaneously – but those buttons are hiding, one of the mirror panels on the side is actually a rocker switch for up/down.

Once you gain access to the menu you have the following options:

• Mode – switch between AST (more on that later), wattage, voltage and TCR modes.
  • AI mode on/off – this mode detects the ohms and adjusts your wattage accordingly
  • Color mode – this changes the color of the UI and way the battery tube lights up.
  • ID – authenticity check code
  • Puff counter
AST mode

This is basically an automatic temp control mode that is designed to prevent dry-hits when using the supplied AST steel coils.

It does actually work and will give a ‘please refill’ warning when you’re out of juice, it does work with other steel coils and doesn’t require any setting up, just turn the mode on and it works.

DSC00524.jpg
Light show

Yes, the Reuleaux RX G does have a light show – the tube is patterned and when the lights are on this pattern will light up and there is also light-up Wismec branding behind one of the mirrored panels and RX G behind the other.

You can change the colors for this light show and fortunately you can also turn them all off.

Tank

Firstly, two minor issues with the tank:

• Drip-tip – it’s an 810 drip tip, but it’s the style fitted with O-rings which limits your choice and also the O-rings are too tight, I had to remove one of them to make taking the drip-tip in and out easier.
  • Airflow adjustment – when you fully tighten up the base of the tank after fitting the coil, it makes the airflow adjustment ring really hard to turn. I just backed it off a fraction and it became perfect.
Apart from that, it's nice to have a normal tank that doesn't require any adapters or special tricks to fill with juice or change the coil.

Coil performance

• 0.2ohm UX coil - this coil works well around 60w with the airflow between 80-100% open, the flavor is good, but very reminiscent of similar coils from Voopoo. It’s good, but then again so are a lot of stock-coils out at the moment.
  • 0.5ohm UX coil - by far my favorite coil of the two. It’s rated up to 45w but performs really well from 35w and you can push it to 50w without any issues. Even with the airflow fully open, it’s still a restricted lung hit and the flavor is really juicy and flavorful. This one surprised me a lot, it’s one of the nicest mesh stock-coils I’ve used.
DSC00555.jpg

Conclusion

Obviously, this does come down to personal taste – it is an outlandish and fun design, you’d have to be good with the design to enjoy owning it.

However, it’s not just aesthetics – the mod has good features and the tank performs well (with the 0.2ohm coil) and great (with the 0.5ohm coil).

Disclaimer

The Wismec Reuleaux RX G Kit was provided for the purposes of this review by Sourcemore - if you use the discount code RXGK, it will reduce the price from $65.03 to $49.99.

VU Sponsors