Become a Patron!

Reuleaux RX200 Skin/Wrap

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi guys. I have a friend of mine who has a vinyl cutter and would like to custom make my own skin for my mod.

I need a 1:1 template for my RX200.. if any of you guys know a link or can upload a template of your skin that would be cool however it has to be a 1:1 template.

magnetik

Member For 4 Years
Hi guys. I have a friend of mine who has a vinyl cutter and would like to custom make my own skin for my mod.

I need a 1:1 template for my RX200.. if any of you guys know a link or can upload a template of your skin that would be cool however it has to be a 1:1 template.

Fwiw i've done this before. You can just search for a vendor on ebay that has the case displayed in pieces. I then imported into illustrator to vectorize and scaled before cutting the vinyl.

wKZixeS.jpg

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fwiw i've done this before. You can just search for a vendor on ebay that has the case displayed in pieces. I then imported into illustrator to vectorize and scaled before cutting the vinyl.

wKZixeS.jpg
Will it be possible for you to scan your template?

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

wKZixeS.jpg
How did you get the measurements?

magnetik

Member For 4 Years
I actually didnt scale it in illustrator. I just use illustrator to convert the jpg image to vector. Then i pulled in the file into the cutting app which has a ruled background. I measured the back battery panel using a tailors tape rule then when scaling just make sure the width / height matches. Just make sure you scale all pieces at the same time so they all are scaled accordingly. It wasnt a perfect science and had to cut it out a few times before i got it right. After doing going through the process... it probably would have been easier if i just purchased a skin and got measurements thatbway. Just a heads up the the DNA layout is slightly different then the RX.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually didnt scale it in illustrator. I just use illustrator to convert the jpg image to vector. Then i pulled in the file into the cutting app which has a ruled background. I measured the back battery panel using a tailors tape rule then when scaling just make sure the width / height matches. Just make sure you scale all pieces at the same time so they all are scaled accordingly. It wasnt a perfect science and had to cut it out a few times before i got it right. After doing going through the process... it probably would have been easier if i just purchased a skin and got measurements thatbway. Just a heads up the the DNA layout is slightly different then the RX.
Thanks for that information. I'll use a similar method and try to get mine scaled right. I would've purchased one but unfortunately it isn't available locally.

magnetik

Member For 4 Years
Yeah i went old school and used a tape measure. The tailors tape made it easy since you can measure around corners vs. a ruler. The only problem i had was the measure is not very precise but after the first cut and i found out it was slightly larger then it should have been.. i just scaled smaller until pieces fit correctly. Also instead of wasting vinyl.. i use contact / shelf paper to experiment before i cut out of vinyl.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah i went old school and used a tape measure. The tailors tape made it easy since you can measure around corners vs. a ruler. The only problem i had was the measure is not very precise but after the first cut and i found out it was slightly larger then it should have been.. i just scaled smaller until pieces fit correctly. Also instead of wasting vinyl.. i use contact / shelf paper to experiment before i cut out of vinyl.
Did you remove all the panels to wrap your mod?

magnetik

Member For 4 Years
I'm just trying to figure out how I'm gonna scale it for the front panel USB port and the screen.

Thats the thing... you dont have to if you scale all parts at once. If the back panel is perfect then the other parts should be scaled accordingly also.

magnetik

Member For 4 Years
Thanks I'll try doing it on CorelDraw

Fwiw, i use Silouette Design Studio that came with my cutter. Not sure what cutter you have but it makes it pretty easy as far as scaling and cutting. They do have a demo available but dont think the demo can import illustrator files but it could give you a feel for the process of scaling, etc.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fwiw, i use Silouette Design Studio that came with my cutter. Not sure what cutter you have but it makes it pretty easy as far as scaling and cutting. They do have a demo available but dont think the demo can import illustrator files but it could give you a feel for the process of scaling, etc.
I'll check it out.. thanks for all your help

as much as ive tried to get a decent cutable image, ive failed :( anyone willing to share a neat image please?

I have a silhouette cameo but I don't know how to use vector. Can you share your template for rx200 please.

agg2001

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

any chance i could get that file? my wife has that exact setup, and i think a miller lite wrap for my white rx200 would be pimp. :) PM me or reply, and i'll get you my email address. thanks!!!

VU Sponsors