Become a Patron!

review of CoilArt replacement heads

CoilART is a Chinese company — big surprise there, eh? — that manufactures and markets a line of factory-built replacement coil heads for some of the most popular sub-ohm clearomizer tanks.

CoilART is spreading the word about their products by enlisting reviews. They contacted to me about reviewing their coil heads and then sent me a generous package containing heads for three different kinds of clearomizers: Kanger Subtanks, Aspire heads (which are used by many brands of sub-ohm clearo tanks, including Aspire, FreeMax, Herakles, Horizon, and others), and JoyeTech eGo-One/Tron tanks.

The package I received contained seven five-packs. And here’s an interesting marketing strategy: some packs of five were made up of different kinds of coils — Kanthal, Stainless Steel, Twisted, Clapton, and Ceramic. I assume that these are special sample packs put together for reviewers.

“Clone” coil heads are typically hit-or-miss, varying widely in production quality and overall vape experience provided. Happily, CoilART’s heads are very high quality at every level that matters. They’re well-designed and precisely-machined, with each head labeled as to its wire type, resistance, and power range. Often, the e-liquid intake ports on CoilArt heads are larger than on the OEM heads they’re designed to replace, making them the equivalent of an upgrade.

I’ve tried only four of the 15 heads so far — three Subtank heads and one Aspire — but all four have been impressive. They’ve all vaped beautifully, even at wattages that exceed the power ratings printed on each head. I ordered a Joyetech eGo One Mega Tank to be able to use the five-pack of those heads, and that tank just arrived in the mail. I’ll try out the eGo One Mega with the included JoyeTech factory head and then swap it out to see how the CoilART replacement head compares. I expect the results to be similar to the Kanger and Aspire heads, namely, a better vaping experience.

I can’t yet attest to the longevity of the heads, because I haven’t used any long enough, but I’m definitely pleased with their quality and superior performance.

A niche definitely exists for third-party replacement heads, especially if they’re high quality and reasonably priced. CoilART is a relatively new company that is ramping up now, so their products aren’t available from many online vendors yet.

At the one online site I found that currently carrier CoilART heads (3Fvape), retail prices for five-packs of CoilART’s various heads run about $10, which is quite reasonable and should be competitive in the marketplace.

If CoilART maintains the quality of the heads they sent me and gains traction in the marketplace, they should succeed, as well as provide a valuable service to the vaping marketplace by giving vapers a viable option for upgrading the heads of their sub-ohm clearo tanks.

Well-done and recommended.

lol,that looks so nice !!! It seems can bring my old tank new life !

As good as CoilART's Kanger and Aspire heads are — and they are very good — the biggest winner of my sample pack were the heads for the JoyeTech eGo One tank. The sample pack included 15 heads for the eGo One, every one of which was a different wire configuration — regular SS, Nickel, or Titanium, and Clapton or Twisted Coils.

I didn't own an eGo One tank. In my judgment, that tank was already long outdated and had been surpassed by most other sub ohm clearomizer tanks. But I found an eGo One Mega Tank online for $13, so I ordered it just to see what the coils could do compared to the OEM Joyetech factory coil head that came with the tank.

The difference was night and day. With its 1.0 ohm factory head, the eGo One Mega Tank was mediocre at best. The head in that tank is so small, with such tiny openings for e-liquid, that dry hits are a constant danger, even at a very modest 25W. The tank harkens back to the days of the Aspire Nautilus, but it suffers in the comparison.

So, I quickly swapped out the factory head for one of the CoilART heads. I chose the 26ga Clapton head, which is presumably stainless steel, but might be Kanthal. Resistance of the head registered at 0.54 ohms. The difference in vape quality was amazing. First off, the eliquid intake holes on the CoilART head are larger. That's essential. Also, all the CoilART heads for the eGo One are rated to 75W. I found the sweet spot of the 26ga Clapton head at about 55 watts. At that power, it produced great flavor and more than enough vapor from a tank that should otherwise be headed for retirement.

CoilART's replacement head rescued a mediocre tank with an inferior head, and turned it into a solid performer. Now I'm curious to try the various other styles of CoilART heads for that tank, including Tiger and Hive.

Last edited:
As good as CoilART's Kanger and Aspire heads are — and they are very good — the biggest winner of my sample pack were the heads for the JoyeTech eGo One tank. The sample pack included 15 heads for the eGo One, every one of which was a different wire configuration — regular SS, Nickel, or Titanium, and Clapton or Twisted Coils.

I didn't own an eGo One tank. In my judgment, that tank was already long outdated and had been surpassed by most other sub ohm clearomizer tanks. But I found an eGo One Mega Tank online for $13, so I ordered it just to see what the coils could do compared to the OEM Joyetech factory coil head that came with the tank.

The difference was night and day. With its 1.0 ohm factory head, the eGo One Mega Tank was mediocre at best. The head in that tank is so small, with such tiny openings for e-liquid, that dry hits are a constant danger, even at a very modest 25W. The tank harkens back to the days of the Aspire Nautilus, but it suffers in the comparison.

So, I quickly swapped out the factory head for one of the CoilART heads. I chose the 26ga Clapton head, which is presumably stainless steel, but might be Kanthal. Resistance of the head registered at 0.54 ohms. The difference in vape quality was amazing. First off, the eliquid intake holes on the CoilART head are larger. That's essential. Also, all the CoilART heads for the eGo One are rated to 75W. I found the sweet spot of the 26ga Clapton head at about 55 watts. At that power, it produced great flavor and more than enough vapor from a tank that should otherwise be headed for retirement.

CoilART's replacement head rescued a mediocre tank with an inferior head, and turned it into a solid performer. Now I'm curious to try the various other styles of CoilART heads for that tank, including Tiger and Hive.
Thanks for the info! I am going to order some

CoilART vapor

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
VU Challenge Sponsor
Thank you , billherbst ! It's good to hear that you love our coils .:stars2:

VU Sponsors