Become a Patron!

Revive 3D print?

tank52086

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Any recommendations on something I can put on my Rebel 167 to bring it back to life? It’s gotten dull.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The best way to restore the color of the mod is to do a full disassembly and dye the body of the mod. I have used Rit Dye (fabric dye from WalMart) on some of the stuff I have printed with great success.

tank52086

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Sorry I should have worded that differently. Whey I meant was more shiny. Perhaps a coat of linseed oil or something?

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry I should have worded that differently. Whey I meant was more shiny. Perhaps a coat of linseed oil or something?
I have heard people having good results using coconut oil on 3d printed mods. I have not used it myself though, so you may want to give it a google.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No first hand knowledge...
I am not sure if I would try that on a mod though, since all of those methods would add extra material and make it harder to fit the buttons, 510 assembly, and door. It could even lead to the fire button sticking if it adds too thick of a layer to it.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I am not sure if I would try that on a mod though, since all of those methods would add extra material and make it harder to fit the buttons, 510 assembly, and door. It could even lead to the fire button sticking if it adds too thick of a layer to it.
That wouldn't concern me, as I could mask anywhere I thought that might happen. Or use sandpaper afterwards. Could be sprayed with the door on. Poly doesn't have to be that thick, unless you give it more coats.

What I would be concerned with is maintenance. Needing to recoat if/when places wear.

VU Sponsors