Become a Patron!

Rincoe NESO X Pod Kit

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the NESO X Pod Kit from Rincoe. The NESO X Pod Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Nicole from Rincoe.

https://www.rincoe.com/

Introduction

Rincoe are a relatively new vaping manufacturer releasing their debut device last year which surprised many just how good a first device from a manufacturer could be as it out performed much of it's price range competition released by more established manufacturers. Since then they have continued to impress and are in the process of releasing a new high powered device and 2 new pod kits. The Neso X is one of these new pod kits which has a Juul type appearance and features constant output to give a consistent vape. The Neso X uses disposable refillable pods with a 1.8ml capacity which house a 1.3ohm resistance coil to give low wattage making the 350mAh battery acceptable so let's give it a look!

In The Box

Contents:

1pc Neso X Device
1pc Pod
1pc Micro USB Cable
1pc User Manual
1pc Certificate Card
1pc Warranty Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Neso X comes in flat Yellow cardboard packaging and i received the Black colour, the other colour options i know of are Red, Grey and Silver. The Finish is a matte colour but has a slippy feel and overall durability and build quality seems very good. The shape is narrow like a Juul or similar shaped device and plain. The pod is tinted and meets the top of the battery at a slant, the mouthpiece it'self slants towards the tip. On the front of the device towards the bottom we have a translucent little "N" which is for the LED indication and on the reverse their is branding. Finally we have a micro USB port on the base, the device is very ergonomic and pocket friendly.

Neso X Specs and Features:

Size: 110*20.5*12mm
Material: Aluminium alloy
Capacity: 1.8ml
Coil resistance: 1.3ohm
Battery: Built-in 350mAh
Constant output: 3.3V
0.5A charging
Colours: Black, Red, Grey, Silver

The Pod

The pod has a nice slanted mouthpiece making it comfortable between the lips and although quite darkly tinted i had no issues seeing the juice level. Just the mouthpiece section is visible above the battery and it fits on a slant so the pod can only fit one way. On the lower section of the pod to one side we have a bung that lifts up revealing a good sized fill port, the pod holds 1.8ml of liquid. Looking at the base of the pod it has 2 contacts with the opening leading to the membrane switch between, to each outside edge of the base is a magnet. You only receive 1 pod with the kit which is a trend that needs to stop as it's not fair on vapers, at least one spare should always be included. The pods house a coil with a 1.3ohm resistance and as far as i am aware their are no other options, the material of the coil isn't given.

Fitting The Pod

Looking inside the pods bay we can see the contacts and outer magnets as well as the central opening to lead to the membrane switch all of which line up with the bottom of the pod. Both the top of the battery section and the bottom of the mouthpiece are on a slant so as already mentioned the pod will only fit one way. The pod fits quite deep into the top section of the battery and although the magnets are not the strongest this limits any movement to slight and the pod doesn't come detached unless physically pulled, overall a pretty good job!

Using The Neso X

The Neso X is yet another draw activated device with no physical button so can't be switched off so to vape simply take a draw. The device does have a translucent "N" for an LED to shine through which shows battery status indication, charging indication and protection alerts. When you take a vape if the battery is higher than 30% the LED lights White and lights Red when below 30%, when the battery is too low to give 3.3V it flashes Red 8 times and will not work. When charging the device the LED flashes Red when below 70% and flashes White when over 70%, when the battery is fully charged it lights solid White. When the pod is inserted or removed the LED flashes once. The Neso X has an array of safety protections which when they kick in are indicated by various amounts of flashes from the LED.

Protections

Low Battery Protection
Charging Protection
Short Circuit Protection
Overuse Protection (8 seconds)
Li-Polymer Battery Protection
Nano-Coating Protection

My Experience Using The Neso X

I went away for a long weekend to the coast and took the Neso X along with another Rincoe pod device and some 50/50 20mg nic salts as my vaping gear. Although you only get 1 pod in the kit i did receive a couple extra for testing and did need them as the pods didn't have the greatest longevity. After saying that the middle pod kept the flavour twice as long as the other 2 so not sure if 2 of the pods were below normal standards. The flavour was a pro as i found it to be better than average for the flavour i would expect from a pod but 2 of the pods only gave me 3 fills before the flavour dropped off while as already mentioned the second pod i tried gave 6 refills with very good flavour which is acceptable. The draw is not what i personally prefer as i like a very loose MTL and although not super tight the draw on the Neso X is tighter than average, much like a pull from a cigarette which suited the high nic salts very well giving a satisfying hit. When taking a draw the membrane switch worked well and was very responsive so had no issues struggling to get a good draw. The device gives a constant 3.3V which both gave a consistent vape while also giving good value for the 350mAh battery which gave life more equivalent to a 600mAh on a direct output device. When i returned home i also tried some 80VG juice just to see if it wicked ok and it was fine. The device does have as mentioned battery status indication but this could be done much better, the device took just over an hour to charge which i found just acceptable more so because the device does support pass-through. I had no issues seeing the liquid inside the pod but as the pod sits deep in the device once it's half empty i did need to turn the device upside down to check the juice level, finally the device was very efficient on e-juice and one fill went a long way.

Good build quality and nice finish
Pocket friendly
Ergonomic
Colour options
Responsive switch
Constant 3.3V
Charges in about 1 hour with pass-through
Above average flavour (relative to other pods)
Cigarette type draw (tighter than average)
Consistent vape
Suited Nic salts
Efficient with e-liquid
Good size fill port
Battery life better than expected due to 3.3V constant output

Cons

Not very good longevity on 2 of the 3 pods i tried
Only 1 pod included
Needed to turn device upside down to check juice level
Battery indication could be done better

I would once again like to thank Nicole from Rincoe for supplying the NESO X Pod Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://www.rincoe.com/

VU Sponsors