Become a Patron!

Running a bigger tank.

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot this seemed like the best place to me. Is there an issue with running a larger tank then is recommended for your mod. I have the GeekVape Aegis X and it's recommended to use up to a 26mm tank. And I am currently shopping around for my first RTA. And I can't decide between the Fat Rabbit or the Dead Rabbit V3. The Fat Rabbit is 28.4mm so I am aware it will overhang the sides of the mod. But would it cause any other issues for me. If so I will just go with the Dead Rabbit V3.

Last edited:

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry if this is in the wrong spot this seemed like the best place to me. Is there an issue with running a larger tank then is recommended for your mod. I have the GeekVape Aegis X and it's recommended to use up to a 26mm tank. And I am currently shopping around for my first RTA. And I can't decide between the Fat Rabbit or the Dead Rabbit V3. The Fat Rabbit is 28.4mm so I am aware it will overhang the sides of the mod. But would it cause any other issues for me. If so I will just go with the Dead Rabbit V3.
No other issues. Some combos might become top heavy and prone to getting knocked over, but not with a dual battery mod.

The box recommend up to a 26mm tank. But hey that is even better thank you. New to vaping lol. But that actually is really cool cause it means that the Fat Rabbit will fit on my mod just fine. Thank you for your help.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
What draws you to Fat Rabbit?

The roomy deck. As well as it being postless. They quick and easy access to the coils. This will be my first RTA. Until my skills get better. I will take all the help I can get lol. Also it holds the same 5.5ml that my current tank holds. So I have a good idea on how long it will last me before I need to refill it. Why do you have another RTA that you would recommend? Great setup by the way. That is the exact color scheme I am hoping to be able to get when I order it.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Not mine, I just found the pics for you.
I have a couple in mind, but perhaps not any better than what you've chose. And I haven't used any of them.
Don't be surprised if you use more juice. It looks like it will plow through some. Which is a good thing. I too like it's design, and there are many with some same attributes.
Its...just...big..., for that mod. No overhang but it'll be top heavy.
Maybe your next mod with be a little better fit for it.

New mod for the FR and put the old tank on the X. :)

That is possible. But with the aegis x being a dual 18650 mod I don't think it will be all that bad. But yeah that is the original reason I started looking into the V3 as it is smaller and would be a better fit for my mod. Have not made my mind up completely so might still go with the V3. It still has a lot of the same features I like about the Fat Rabbit.

VU Sponsors