Become a Patron!

RX200 Going Crazy...Help

Thejkaz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The other day I accidentally left my RX200 on the back porch and it got some sun for a few hours. I brought it inside and let it cool for a bit but now it is going nuts. Its showing resistance when no atty is on it and when I put one on it says "Atomizer Short" or it says "Device too Hot" or it will fire and the seconds will start counting but it isn't actually firing. I tore it apart but everything looks good inside. I de-soldered the re-soldered the wiring on the chip but that didn't help. If I put it in the freezer for a while it wont register as "Device too Hot" and will fire for a split second then back to error messages. I have to assume that its screwed. If anyone has any ideas it would be great. I did update to 3.10 after the problem started but it didn't help either. I have tried different batteries as well but no change.

I am thinking I could put a different chip in the mod but I don't know what chip will fit, if there even is a chip out there that will fit.

Thejkaz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know it's not that expensive but I like to fiddle with stuff so I figured there may be a better chip out there that I can put in it. If nothing else I can turn it into a 3 battery unregulated mod.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They made a DNA200 version so that chip should fit.

Thejkaz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw an article where a guy tried to put the DNA200 chip in an RX200 but he abandoned the project claiming it was unsafe and not worth it

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The only thing I can think of is that the internal temperature sensor got messed up due to being hot for so long.

Thejkaz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I check the internal temp it goes to Device too Hot at 70. I cant figure out which chip on the board is the temp sensor.

Thejkaz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like I'm gonna shove a PWM chip, switch, potentiometer, voltage display and a new Varitube 510 in my RX200. Thank you Mattp169 for the link to Big Al. Gonna be a fun little project.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Turn it upside down and put it back in the sun for a few more hours....why, so you can say you tried everything :D

Thejkaz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nah, pretty much I am just using the case. New board, buttons, ect. It is nothing more than a three 18650 battery case now

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors