Become a Patron!

same build .....different ohms?

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I built a 24g twisted Coil wrapped 10 wraps and it was reading 1.1ohms.I made the same coil and its coming out at .9....any idea why?

Tomas leach

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Different inner diameter. Even the smallest variance can cause a change. Could be because of a multitude of things. From leg length. Inner diameter, how tightly it was formed. How hard you "squished" it together. Could be anything. Not a biggy at that ohm. Where it gets scary is when your running quads or going super subohm.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Different inner diameter. Even the smallest variance can cause a change. Could be because of a multitude of things. From leg length. Inner diameter, how tightly it was formed. How hard you "squished" it together. Could be anything. Not a biggy at that ohm. Where it gets scary is when your running quads or going super subohm.
X2~if you wrapped it around the same tool then it's the leg length. Or perhaps you made a better connection the second time with the post screws. +/- .2ohms is kind of a big jump though now that i think about it....

Tomas leach

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It is quite a large jump. But depending on tool. If it's twisted then maybe some point in the twist isn't consistent. So many variables. Atleast on duals when your off by .2 it will even out more so. I suggest straightening your wires before twisting and twist enough for both coils. Looks like a lot but in the end you will get as close as possible.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just threw them together at a moments notice.I'll be doing more prep work next time.thanks for y'alls help

VU Sponsors