Become a Patron!

Samsung IMR18650 25R5 Green Wrap specs

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Got this from Samsung. Pay attention closely to the 5-6 second pulse rating. Hope this helps someone! :D
Battery specifications:

Max. continuous discharge current: 20A
Safe pulse discharge ratings: 95A < 0.5 sec, 65A < 1 sec, 40A < 5 sec, 30A < 6 sec
Nominal capacity: 2500 mAh
Nominal voltage: 3.6 V
Discharge end voltage: 2.5 V
Charging voltage: 4.20 +/- 0.05 V
Standard charging current: 1.25 A
Length: 65.85 mm
Diameter: 18.33 mm
Weight: 45.0 g

Mooch

Member For 4 Years
Samsung is saying that those pulse ratings are a spec? They're not in the specifications document as far as I am aware. What did they say the rest time was between pulses? That's critical. If it's spec'd to do that every minute or less, that's great! If they waited half an hour between pulses....that's not so great. :)

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yo @Mooch!

Soec sheet reads that they're pulsing each amp limit in quick succession, followed by a 12 sec rest period. So they do 0.5 at 95, 0.5 at 80, 5 at 45 then 6 at 30, 12 sec rest then repeat. Cut off is stated as a super low 1.5V. They state after the list 30min rest. The section is titled High pulse discharge life cycle, and the graph has cycles along th e bottom and capacity up the side. I'm assuming the 30min rest is before recharging and starting again.

Edit
Could also mean 12 sec between each pulse period. You know big manufacturers, they don't make it easy reading lol!

Last edited:

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It does list the pulses on this presentation, but not on the official basic spec document I have. That's not abnormal to not put the specific stuff on the spec document.

http://www.powerstream.com/p/INR18650-25R-datasheet.pdf

Page 11 "High pulse cycle life 2"

The testing protocol they do is slightly unclear, they make it sound like they're doing all the pulses together followed by a 12 second break, but more likely they do each pulse one at a time followed by a 12 second break. And they're going to 1.5V.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the green has different specs to the light blue? Only seen the green on your site Jon and it made me wonder what was different if anything besides wrap color.

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So the green has different specs to the light blue? Only seen the green on your site Jon and it made me wonder what was different if anything besides wrap color.
Exact same specs as far as amps tested at. Due to the tweaks they made, thebR5 green one will have a different cycle life, so I'd guess the graphs of cycle life will be different.

I bought some of both recently. For some reason the green were more expensive for a while, probably rarity in the market combined with sellers playing on the fact it's newer and over charging a bit. Got my blue ones at a reduced price because the shop wanted to sell their blue stock through and only do green to avoid any confusion.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm... nice to get a little more life from a cell but I'm getting about a year out of the blues before resistance starts to creep up too much so at about $5 a cell, I'm ok with that lifespan :)

Mooch

Member For 4 Years
Yo @Mooch!

Soec sheet reads that they're pulsing each amp limit in quick succession, followed by a 12 sec rest period. So they do 0.5 at 95, 0.5 at 80, 5 at 45 then 6 at 30, 22 sec rest then repeat. Cut off is stated as a super low 1.5V. They state after the list 30min rest. The section is titled High pulse discharge life cycle, and the graph has cycles along th e bottom and capacity up the side. I'm assuming the 30min rest is before recharging and starting again.

Edit
Could also mean 12 sec between each pulse period. You know big manufacturers, they don't make it easy reading lol!

Yea, they don't make some of these things easy to figure out. At my first reading of the Introduction presentation I thought it was all the pulses and then a 12s rest. After rereading it though it seemed like it was a 12s rest after each pulse....just not sure.

Yea, those numbers seem to be something they tried for the presentation as they're not in the spec document. I don't think that discharges to 1.5V, as @Jon@LiionWholesale mentioned, would be part of a spec for the cell. Still impressive though!

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yep, the 25R is a beast. Usually HB6 for me when I go super low single cell, but if I have to I'd grab a 25R. If none of those were charged I just wouldnt Vape that build, don't trust anything else to handle it.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone know what the difference of these numbers mean? Is it batch numbers?

samsung 25r-5.jpg

samsung 25r-6.jpg

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have an answer but batch/lot number would make sense.
Can't remember where but I remember seeing something online that details what the numbers related to on a... sony or samsung. Maybe you can find that if Jon doesn't know.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From battery bro's site...

Line 1 : INR18650-25R --- cell model name
Line 2 : SAMSUNG SDI --- cell manufacturer
Line 3 : 125 --- part number of 25R

Line 1 : B0BB --- 1st digit: Line number ( “1” for cylindrical line No.1, “B” for cylindrical line No. 4)
2nd digit: Final number of Model Name (“0” is INR18650-25x)
3rd digit: Year ( “B” is 2011)
4th digit: Month ( “9” is Sep. ; A is Oct., B is Nov., C is Dec)
Line 2 : 7B111 --- 1st digit: Negative coater number ( “7” is No. 7 coater)
2nd ~ 4th digit: Batch number
5th digit: Serial No. of assembling
Line 3 : E9 --- 1st digit: Reel No ( “E” is E reel ; A is A reel, B is B reel, ... F is F reel)2
nd digit: Winding Machine No. ( “9” is No. 9 winder)

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, the first two lines are pretty obvious, but none of that matches up with the third line. No big deal. Must be something with the date and batch.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess winding machine does but they forgot which reel they used...

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
From battery bro's site...

Line 1 : INR18650-25R --- cell model name
Line 2 : SAMSUNG SDI --- cell manufacturer
Line 3 : 125 --- part number of 25R

Line 1 : B0BB --- 1st digit: Line number ( “1” for cylindrical line No.1, “B” for cylindrical line No. 4)
2nd digit: Final number of Model Name (“0” is INR18650-25x)
3rd digit: Year ( “B” is 2011)
4th digit: Month ( “9” is Sep. ; A is Oct., B is Nov., C is Dec)
Line 2 : 7B111 --- 1st digit: Negative coater number ( “7” is No. 7 coater)
2nd ~ 4th digit: Batch number
5th digit: Serial No. of assembling
Line 3 : E9 --- 1st digit: Reel No ( “E” is E reel ; A is A reel, B is B reel, ... F is F reel)2
nd digit: Winding Machine No. ( “9” is No. 9 winder)

The code you're looking at is the "part number of 25R" line. The other stuff below that is decoding the numbers coated on the metal if you unwrap it (sometimes you can see through the pvc to see this code).

My assumption is the third line printed on the PVC is an internal part number and isn't really something decipherable.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did the greens test any differently than the blues Jon?
I think you test your cells right? That's a great reason to buy from you if you do.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
We test a bunch from each shipment to make sure the shipment is good. Not every single battery, that would be impossible. But if the shipment tests to spec, that means the rest of the batteries should be good. Every now and then there'll be a dud but if anyone gets those we replace them no questions asked.

The greens test identically to the blues. But we don't do long life tests and that's where they're supposedly different.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, assumed it would be a few from a batch... you don'thave that much time on your hands :)
Good to know though, at least you know the majority are good. There will always be duds in any Li-** battery type, you just hope you don't get one but it happens.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I know this thread is older but people were linking to it and I wanted to clarify that I did get an updated spec with the explanation of the third line on the PVC. It's for example 2F93.

2 just means it's over 2 Ah and will be on all 25R's
F is the year of manufacture (F is 2015, G would be 2016, E is 2014, etc)
9 is the month of manufacture
3 is the week of manufacture

So 2F93 was manufactured the 3rd week of September, 2015.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The 6 is a reraped smurf 25r
If you mean the LG HB6 is a rewrapped 25R you are waaay wrong, the LG HB6 is the only battery that can handle 30A (1500Mah) without damage or high heat from the cell. VTC 3/4 are also 30A but its hard to determine if one is authentic, NOS or rewrapped, thus I wouldnt advise ordering them except at Liionwholesale.
The Samsung 25R is a 20a (2500Mah) cell, which starts getting damaged when used above 28a+ continously

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you mean the LG HB6 is a rewrapped 25R you are waaay wrong, the LG HB6 is the only battery that can handle 30A (1500Mah) without damage or high heat from the cell. VTC 3/4 are also 30A but its hard to determine if one is authentic, NOS or rewrapped, thus I wouldnt advise ordering them except at Liionwholesale.
The Samsung 25R is a 20a (2500Mah) cell, which starts getting damaged when used above 28a+ continously

I think he was referring to the picture in my post #10. The 5 vs the 6. Samsung says they are the same battery.

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All the green wraps should be the new improved 25R5,

that is replacing the the blue wrapped 25R2,

unless I'm missing something.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All the green wraps should be the new improved 25R5,

that is replacing the the blue wrapped 25R2,
unless I'm missing something.
I read somewhere Samsung says they are the exact same specs but the life cycle has been slightly improved

VU Sponsors