Then this

thunder-lightning-strikes-storm-over-city-animated-gif.gif

Led to this

200_s.gif
and this
svijeca.jpg

And this

Pioneer-Woman-with-Gun-and-Mule-Deer.jpg
Huckleberried, Huckleberried Crockett, Queen of the wild frontier...

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mom: we have Prilosec chewable, I'm out of tums

Wow. At least you have a good story you can tell for the rest of your life.

From AstraZeneca:
--Prilosec is not for immediate relief of heartburn symptoms.
--Do not crush, chew, or break a delayed release tablet, or a Prilosec OTC tablet. Swallow the tablet whole.
You may open the delayed-release capsule and sprinkle the medicine into a spoonful of applesauce to make swallowing easier. Swallow the mixture right away without chewing. Do not save for later use.

TMI
There is a chewable "Prilosec," but it's from a different company that essentially takes the generic active ingredient and mixes it with baking soda. The baking soda keeps stomach acid from destroying the medicine.
Actually, for regular heartburn, your mom could have just dumped a little baking soda in some water and given it to you.

[I wrote that so I wouldn't go off on a rant about Channing Tatum deciding the world needed to know how he has sex with his wife.]

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow. At least you have a good story you can tell for the rest of your life.

From AstraZeneca:
--Prilosec is not for immediate relief of heartburn symptoms.
--Do not crush, chew, or break a delayed release tablet, or a Prilosec OTC tablet. Swallow the tablet whole.
You may open the delayed-release capsule and sprinkle the medicine into a spoonful of applesauce to make swallowing easier. Swallow the mixture right away without chewing. Do not save for later use.

TMI
There is a chewable "Prilosec," but it's from a different company that essentially takes the generic active ingredient and mixes it with baking soda. The baking soda keeps stomach acid from destroying the medicine.
Actually, for regular heartburn, your mom could have just dumped a little baking soda in some water and given it to you.

[I wrote that so I wouldn't go off on a rant about Channing Tatum deciding the world needed to know how he has sex with his wife.]
It was a tablet, not a capsule. But it was chalky and disgusting and ewww. If you've ever let a tablet sit on your tongue too long, same awful bitter taste but ten times worse

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Nice bowie knife Huckleberried, but what kind of rifle is that you're holding? Sharps Shiloh?

Last edited:

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm just glad to know that I'm not the only one who sees a power outage as a version of the apocalypse. :D 'Course now, I've got a cellphone. :D

Andria

When we got waffled by hurricane Charlie, and knocked the grid out out for a couple days for us, you couldn't get through on a cell phone, or use a cordless system most have. Our hurricane kit has a good old 80's corded push button phone, and was able to make/receive phone calls via land lines all day long no problem. So many folks without power just flooded the cell towers beyond capacity. All the landline switching stations have UPS backup power and generators to keep them going.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When we got waffled by hurricane Charlie, and knocked the grid out out for a couple days for us, you couldn't get through on a cell phone, or use a cordless system most have. Our hurricane kit has a good old 80's corded push button phone, and was able to make/receive phone calls via land lines all day long no problem. So many folks without power just flooded the cell towers beyond capacity. All the landline switching stations have UPS backup power and generators to keep them going.

Wouldn't do us a bit of good; we don't have a landline in our house at all. :D Our "house phone" is VOIP thru the cable company! Most of our power outages are either because some fucking pine tree wasn't cut back enough from the power lines, and brought them down when it snapped thanks to an ice storm... or some drunk igmo hit a pole and brought it down.

Though once, when we lived in that small rural town about 25 miles east of here, it was because some drunk angry igmo shot up the huge switchbox at one of the corners, because the power company cut him off for non-payment. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My cable internet went down for 45 minutes and I thought I was going to die. I ended up getting stuff done though. :)

Yeah that's a version of the apocalypse too, which I could survive thx to my cellphone. :D And that's actually one of the major reasons I even got a cellphone, since I really don't go too many places, and have survived very well without a mobile phone till I got one last month. But with our home phone being VOIP thru the cable, if my internet went down, I couldn't even call Comcast and bitch about it! :gaah:

Andria

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The amount of fucking retards during that whole hurricane thing made me wish for the whole reset button for FL.
No water, no shelter, no power.. but you better call customer care and demand credits for not being able to get on the mobile net/web with your nextel phone with a boost chip in it. Never mind the towers were wiped the fuck out and if you got calls out your were lucky.
Also ringtones.

I asked one mental giant if he would rather have a ring tone or water..Bet you can guess his answer.

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Random rant: I am not your asshole child's babysitter. I have no problem with the kids playing together, but teach that little fucker some manners. He does not need to go in my room, in my car, or hit my kids. Fuck you and the little asshole you can't be bothered to raise. You have no right to shove him off on all the neighbors and I won't do this all summer long

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Random rant: I am not your asshole child's babysitter. I have no problem with the kids playing together, but teach that little fucker some manners. He does not need to go in my room, in my car, or hit my kids. Fuck you and the little asshole you can't be bothered to raise. You have no right to shove him off on all the neighbors and I won't do this all summer long
Damn... They need to fix their shitty parent

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Andria

PS: I also don't want kids calling me "Andria" -- that's Mrs Duncan to YOU, bratski!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right in the middle of the breakfast rush at the restaurant the other morning, some 14-15 year old kid pulls the fire alarm. Everyone in there just about shit their pants. Lights flashing, alarm blaring, fire department came, EMTs came, police came....one of our bussers had to go outside, was on the verge of an epileptic seizure because of the lights....Had I done that, my Mom woulda rammed my head into the alarm and said "There ya go, do it right or don't do it at all!" This kid's parents? "It's okay, Jeff, we know you didn't mean it....."
Sure thing, tell that to the old guy at the corner table who needs his pacemaker reset....

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
NEVER have my children acted like this kid, even at their worst behaved. They know better, knew better even at 1&2 than to act up like that. Every time I think I have the worst kids ever, this kid comes over and reminds me I'm not doing so bad after all
Everyone has a purpose in life.

That is this kids

VU Sponsors