Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Those are all stock canned photos. Need a pic of the actual mod you're selling.
We are also going to need your screen name and today's date written on a piece of paper in the new pic.
You have been a member for 10 days, you post stock pics.
We are not taking any chances here.

Also., Same for your other sale.
Pic with device, and paper with screen name and todays date written on it.
I guess I have to go post this over there so no one makes any mistakes in the mean time...

RainyMW

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So I got offered a sssp from what appears to be the same guy with a new account (phone signature the same lol)

This seems a lot more legit, timestamped photos etc, but getting the same paypal issues story etc and he can only accept f&f, yada yada. Told him I will under no circumstances send money f&f to a member with zero history, and he says he can do goods and services now under his friends paypal.

It sure seems like the same individual unless this guy just happened to make an account last Saturday right after this post got called out and has the same exact phone and sig for messages.

Before I realized it could be the same person I sent a g&s payment for the sssp. Im guessing he realized he couldn't scam with g&s as he refunded my payment just now after I sent him a screenshot of this thread šŸ˜…

Screenshot_20210715-123818_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210715-123811_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210715-133829_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210715-133839_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210715-133845_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210715-133858_Chrome.jpg

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So I got offered a sssp from what appears to be the same guy with a new account (phone signature the same lol)

This seems a lot more legit, timestamped photos etc, but getting the same paypal issues story etc and he can only accept f&f, yada yada. Told him I will under no circumstances send money f&f to a member with zero history, and he says he can do goods and services now under his friends paypal.

It sure seems like the same individual unless this guy just happened to make an account last Saturday right after this post got called out and has the same exact phone and sig for messages.

Before I realized it could be the same person I sent a g&s payment for the sssp. Im guessing he realized he couldn't scam with g&s as he refunded my payment just now after I sent him a screenshot of this thread šŸ˜…

View attachment 184312View attachment 184313

View attachment 184314View attachment 184315View attachment 184316View attachment 184317
G&S you need to provide documentation for the sale. Which would be this thread and PMs. Which would just get both of your accounts closed for vaping transactions with no refund

RainyMW

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
G&S you need to provide documentation for the sale. Which would be this thread and PMs. Which would just get both of your accounts closed for vaping transactions with no refund
It was refunded, and we pay g&s so you are covered if they don't ship. If they ship you a rock, you provide proof and rarely need to provide any actual documentation, if needed you just say it was something not vape related.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I paid him for a rebel mod he had and he told me he had several models ....and he never sent anything after I paid him .....

And on top of that he said he had a Zelle account and if I wanted to complete the transaction with PayPal to pay the money into his wife's PayPal account........
5ef2ce730434b7fc97c08491ff2f7570.jpg
2306af4040ede098b152b7adc42f56c7.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I tried to dispute the case with PayPal, but they told me that when you use family and friends you cannot dispute it .....so they closed the dispute....

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I have the fail whatever the fuck name on ignore...

Don't even remember why, but I tend to ignore people who are of the shit caliber.

I'll add this other fuck all on it too, for SaGs...

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I have the fail whatever the fuck name on ignore...

Don't even remember why, but I tend to ignore people who are of the shit caliber.

I'll add this other fuck all on it too, for SaGs...
This guy told me I have the Rebel mods and you will receive the the one you want.....

I just want to prove them on VU wrong.
bad1c2c81a812e837ffb3951989858ae.jpg

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I figured if PP doesn't do vape related then even if it was G&S they wouldn't do anything about it.

RainyMW

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I figured if PP doesn't do vape related then even if it was G&S they wouldn't do anything about it.
Its sort of true, but the only way they will find out its vape related is if the buyer or seller say it was, which would be the end of both accounts, so reason not to for both parties.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Its sort of true, but the only way they will find out its vape related is if the buyer or seller say it was, which would be the end of both accounts, so reason not to for both parties.
True dat...was thinking of a dispute for vape gear. Hard to explain dispute unless you can w/o saying what the merch was...I can't remember...but maybe all the scammer would have to do is tell PP it was vape, to get them to drop dispute. They'd lose account but scammers have ways around shit. Maybe that's what happened to this guy/gal already.

RainyMW

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
True dat...was thinking of a dispute for vape gear. Hard to explain dispute unless you can w/o saying what the merch was...I can't remember...but maybe all the scammer would have to do is tell PP it was vape, to get them to drop dispute. They'd lose account but scammers have ways around shit. Maybe that's what happened to this guy/gal already.
Yeah thats very true. I always avoid disputes whenever possible, especially now that paypal is implementing fees if your dispute rate rises above a certain percent. And its something ridiculous like if you have even 3 disputes total you are charged money. And they also charge the recipient of the dispute if they lose.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Why you all worried about PayPal figuring itā€™s a vape purchase?

Just stop using PayPal balances, always charge from your bank or credit cardā€¦ dispute through bank or card issuerā€¦ they donā€™t give a shit if itā€™s vape related.

With credit cards you have purchase protectionsā€¦

Oh PayPal closes your accountā€¦ big Whoopi, make anotherā€¦order a new bank card.

Let your bank and card issuer who is on your side fight it out, fuck PayPal and their so called buyer protections

Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro Max using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
22   0   0

Just stop using PayPal balances, always charge from your bank or credit cardā€¦ dispute through bank or card issuerā€¦ they donā€™t give a shit if itā€™s vape related.

Oh PayPal closes your accountā€¦ big Whoopi, make anotherā€¦order a new bank card.

Let your bank and card issuer who is on your side fight it out, fuck PayPal and their so called buyer protections

eBay discontinued using PayPal...... They give the buyer an option to pay using Visa, MC, Amex and once they pay...... eBay sends the money to your bank account.

RainyMW

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

I think everyone has hated paypal since its inception lol šŸ˜† we all just had no other option

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I think everyone has hated paypal since its inception lol šŸ˜† we all just had no other option
For vape related purposes there was always another way. People just believe the doctrine called PayPal protection via Goods and Services.

That and many people have real cases of FOMO and must have-itis.

I only do PayPal which is still drawn from one of my cards, to friends who MUST have it, or for "Trusted" individuals who are a modder... Much rather send it via venmo or instant transfer from my bank... WHY? Not because its easily disputed... mother fuckers commit wire fraud if they rip me off and that shit is federal time.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I don't use PP. Only to print postage.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
Guys, use PirateShip. Bueno discounts like PP. It keeps track of the addresses you mail, costs, where you ship to most, average shipping and a lot of other stuff, too. It's is a cinch. Love it! I know the name sounds questionable but check out YT vids. eBayers love it. Same rates as eBay.
I used it for all the stuff I sold March 2020 and have ever since.

Master Rahl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I tried to dispute the case with PayPal, but they told me that when you use family and friends you cannot dispute it .....so they closed the dispute....

If you used a credit or debit card through your paypal you can open a dispute through your cardholder agreement. I have done this in the past and it does work.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If this guy accidentally set himself on fire I would not piss on him to put him out.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Man all this shit sucks. Manny I am sorry. You are way too good a dude to have this happen to. YOU ALL are too good of folks to be taken by an ass hole out foe themselves. This is an AMAZING community off AWESOME people. We are here to help each other out. For those who chose to prey on the trust and kindness of others I hope karmic forces slap you in the head! Repeatedly. Peace and love to all.
Big Rick

VU Sponsors