Become a Patron!

Sending/mailing used vape gear to Oregon

Jerry J

Member For 5 Years
I live in Oregon and they made a stupid law that vape gear cannot be shipped/mailed to an Oregon residence. Does anyone know if this law affects buying used vape stuff from a private citizen from another state?

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We live in a FUC$ING CLOWN WORLD! Everyday there's something that just never ceases to stun me, things I never, ever considered would occur in this country.
I think you are referring to the PACT act? Everyone just ignores it. I mean, I have heard of people having packages intercepted, but I think that was at customs and only when it took effect. I have not heard of any for quite a long while. I have been ordering from vape shops in Germany, Italy, Greece, even Russia. A couple of the places have the word "vape" in their company name.

Also, there is a cutout for private mailing.

Jerry J

Member For 5 Years
Cookies could have Marijua...... oh wait that's fine. Cookies could have NICOTINE in them o_O o_O o_O :eek:
Kinda funny, in this same line. I've been making my own liquid for 7+ years. I've been buying my PG/VG from Nicotine River in the gallon size for several years. Nicotine River is closed down and I am going to need more VG soon. So I started looking around for another source. The one place that I found stated that it couldn't be shipped to my house. I would have to have the gallon of just plain VG shipped to a specific receiving business. Just VG? I'm now looking at Amazon.

Jerry J

Member For 5 Years
We live in a FUC$ING CLOWN WORLD! Everyday there's something that just never ceases to stun me, things I never, ever considered would occur in this country.
I think you are referring to the PACT act? Everyone just ignores it. I mean, I have heard of people having packages intercepted, but I think that was at customs and only when it took effect. I have not heard of any for quite a long while. I have been ordering from vape shops in Germany, Italy, Greece, even Russia. A couple of the places have the word "vape" in their company name.

Also, there is a cutout for private mailing.
That's interesting. I do recall that when I bought anything from Fasttech the labeling always indicated "electronic parts". Oddly, Fasttech isn't sending me any more emails about their specials.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
A lot of Fasttech's vape gear has disappeared from their site over the past couple of weeks. I don't know what's going on, but I bet it ain't good.

The law that passed some months ago about the USPS and vape gear includes an exemption for one private citizen mailing to another private citizen, no more than 10 transactions per month, if memory serves. Your Oregon state law may include clauses that restrict it further, so better to do some research and find out for sure. The passing of that Federal law doesn't mean that Oregon didn't pass their own version.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Kinda funny, in this same line. I've been making my own liquid for 7+ years. I've been buying my PG/VG from Nicotine River in the gallon size for several years. Nicotine River is closed down and I am going to need more VG soon. So I started looking around for another source. The one place that I found stated that it couldn't be shipped to my house. I would have to have the gallon of just plain VG shipped to a specific receiving business. Just VG? I'm now looking at Amazon.

That is just freakin ridiculous. Makes me sick.

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's interesting. I do recall that when I bought anything from Fasttech the labeling always indicated "electronic parts". Oddly, Fasttech isn't sending me any more emails about their specials.
That is just freakin ridiculous. Makes me sick.
Fasttech, and likely the others like 3f are going to stop selling vapes for some BS tax we are imposing.

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
God help us if they actually impose a CBDC on us, especially a reprogrammable one. That will be game over. Think of it as Anti-Bitcoin.

Jerry J

Member For 5 Years
I think that the Juul being sold to all the kids had a lot to do with the laws here in Oregon.You would see kids everywhere sucking on their Juul (POC).

Fortunately I saw the writing on the wall, so to speak, and bought a liter of nic before the hammer went down on that. I should be good for quite a few years with that. And dubya was able to graciously, send me an RDA to add to my collection.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This can be good and bad.

Good that it will help weed out the absolute garbage and little guys throwing together crap and knock offs.
Bad that the companies that are already established and have put millions into R&D & facilities to produce 'quality' gear (as quality as it can get for China - thinking of Lost Vape, WOTOFO, etc) will now have to wait for an inspector to come by, nitpick their manufacturing process and delay sales for ??months??

From what I found, it looks like the tobacco tax in China is 20% so that's not a terrible increase but it will depend on how much they have to pay to be licensed, inspected, etc as to how much prices will climb. This could really push the prices up and cause a significant delay in US companies restocking.

This might extinguish a lot of the garbage disposables that so many use and lead to panic buying. Which might, in turn, put more pressure on the mod users as many will have no choice but to switch over, depleting the supply while we wait for inspections/licensing and new shipments to arrive

The no online sales... How are US companies going to buy products if not online? or does this just mean no online RETAIL sales - Sourcemore, FastTech, etc?

What a mess!!!

Wishing I had bought about 5 grand worth of gear 2 weeks ago - to resell in a few months when supplies are gone!

EDIT: OH CRAP - just read the part about the 36% levy on ecig imports - OUCH
Hopefully another country will pick up the slack but then we are faced with dealing with a whole new set of issues and manufacturing defects/learning curve.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors