Become a Patron!

Setting up regular 510 pin on Profile RDA (V1)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Can someone tell me, in plain language (like, in dummy language), how to change the squonk pin on a Profile v1 RDA to a regular 510 pin?

I bought this RDA used, so I may not have the right parts, but I do have in the spares bag one very short, gold-plated screw that may be part of what I need to do. Also, when I do this, do I have to remove the mesh and wick that I've already put in?

I sure will be grateful for some help. Really want to use this on an Admiral that's on its way.

Thanks!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Can someone tell me, in plain language (like, in dummy language), how to change the squonk pin on a Profile v1 RDA to a regular 510 pin?

I bought this RDA used, so I may not have the right parts, but I do have in the spares bag one very short, gold-plated screw that may be part of what I need to do. Also, when I do this, do I have to remove the mesh and wick that I've already put in?

I sure will be grateful for some help. Really want to use this on an Admiral that's on its way.

Thanks!
It's as simple as removing the squonk pin and replacing with the short gold screw they are both the same size. Just hold the clamp assembly in place while doing this. I just looked at a virgin V1 I had sitting around.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well thank you. That's very nearly embarrassing! I was trying to make things complicated!

It's done though, thanks to you!

VU Sponsors