Become a Patron!

shocked.

antonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got shocked by my mech mod this morning, is it cuz i got sweaty palms like seriously sweaty palms all the time.

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You have a continuity issue, likely with your mech switch. When the mod heats up, particularly in the switch assembly, it's a indication that you have a substantial resistance, causing a "Joule heating" condition. If you're a decent enough conductor (sweaty hands)... you can get shocked.

If you've not disassembled and cleaned the switch assembly... do it. If you have a DMM, you can test the mod for resistance/conductivity... should be zero Ω. If you have an inline volt meter, you can test for voltage drop... another indicator or conductivity.

If you can't sort it out, or it seems uncorrectable, I would suggest raising the atomizer resistance a few tenths of an ohm at a time, until the switch cools down.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
You have a continuity issue, likely with your mech switch. When the mod heats up, particularly in the switch assembly, it's a indication that you have a substantial resistance, causing a "Joule heating" condition. If you're a decent enough conductor (sweaty hands)... you can get shocked.

If you've not disassembled and cleaned the switch assembly... do it. If you have a DMM, you can test the mod for resistance/conductivity... should be zero Ω. If you have an inline volt meter, you can test for voltage drop... another indicator or conductivity.

If you can't sort it out, or it seems uncorrectable, I would suggest raising the atomizer resistance a few tenths of an ohm at a time, until the switch cools down.
In the absence of that, and if the situation continues...I would recommend a J-Wrap.

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Possible Micro arc issue? The mod wouldn't happen to be a maraxus would it?

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its a nemesis clone, but i took it apart ànd cleaned every, seems to wrk fine now.

nemmy's are notoriously finicky but once you have it set up right its pretty sweet. I've got both mine set up with magnets. I strongly suggest this upgrade if you've not already done it.

IMG_20140312_160249_381.jpg

The one to the right of my red nemmy is a limited edition cartel 26650.

IMG_20150106_143032_362.jpg

antonio

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
nemmy's are notoriously finicky but once you have it set up right its pretty sweet. I've got both mine set up with magnets. I strongly suggest this upgrade if you've not already done it.

IMG_20140312_160249_381.jpg

The one to the right of my red nemmy is a limited edition cartel 26650.

IMG_20150106_143032_362.jpg
Nice set up! Vaping on my nemi now, so far so good.

VU Sponsors