Become a Patron!

Should I switch to sub-Ohm tanks?

Okay so I've been vaping for almost a year now and have been slowly upgrading my arsenal of supplies, and the piece du resistance is going to be picking the right tank for my build. I am not interested in RBA's or anything because honestly I vape specifically to stop me from smoking real cigarettes (which has worked wonders). I'm not really interested in getting really deeply involved in vaping as a hobby or anything.

That being said, I am set on sticking with a clearomizer tank-style apparatus, and I'm interested in experimenting with sub-ohm's. However, my thing is that I'm not so crazy about cloud-chasing and blowing massive amounts of vapor. It's cool and I'd love to be able to do that when I'm chilling at home, but honestly I like to have something that I would have the capability of hitting discreetly and not necessarily smoking out a whole room. I work directly next to clients a lot and need to be able to practically "ghost" hits, and I'm concerned that will be impossible with a sub-ohm tank. BUT, I've heard the flavor is amazing from the Atlantis and Kanger Subtanks, so I'm curious. (Before anyone starts with the warnings, I know the equipment requirements to operate sub-ohm tanks, I'm currently using an iPV Mini 4?W-30W, so I'm set there).

Maybe I'm on the wrong trail here, but any suggestions would be great. I just want something fairly small (2-4mL capacity), durability to live in my pocket all day, and great flavor. And if a sub-ohm tank can be adjusted to operate at a more discreet vapor volume, that may just sell me.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can easily use the subtanks with very little vapor - I do it all the time. But I have to use 80pg juice (because VG doesn't agree with me), so it's easy not to blow unwanted clouds!

dankrips

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The air control on the new sub-tanks allows me to adjust the vape draw. Tight to no air will allow a mouth to lung type puff with a tight draw. Open the air all the way for a direct lung inhale and let the clouds begin.

This is my experience, not sure about others.

db3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Currently I use both the atlantis and subtank mini. The atlantis is awfully nice, but the subtank mini might be the most versatile tank I have ever owned. Don't want to sub ohm? No problem, use the 1.2 head. Don't want giant clouds? No problem, close down the airflow. Want to give rebuilding a shot someday? No problem, pull the rebuild-able head out of the box and give it a try. If you got the $35 to spend and want something new, I'd suggest putting the subtank mini on top of your list.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Have to second the subtank for what you're looking for.

IX of XIII

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How about a tank that's not sub-Ohm? I say something like a Silo Lite. Its not sub-ohm, you cant adjust the air-flow-which helps trying to be discreet- and it has great flavor! 3.5ML I think. I tried it but instead went with the larger Silo for my own preferences.

wildcoy73

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Another vote for kanger. Best tank by far.
And yes drop your watts down. Less clouds.

VU Sponsors