Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm sure if there was issues could return for a different one

Siccmade8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah so far ppl I've heard from have had no issues... So yeah you were the unlucky one and probably over paid also. I never buy from local stores. I go to eciggity always for my stuff and always get 10% off and 3 day shipping. My last mod the rx200 they took back after having 2 weeks

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kevin, TC on most devices has its own preheat, watch so Pbusardo videos some TC device reviews and you can actually see it in power graph.

The Sig seems to require a preheat set to ramp up to temp quickly. But if you have it set at 10 minutes it won't actually do TC, that's why you have it cut off at 4 seconds if you set it higher. The coil gets too hot and since its still basically doing wattage only it cuts off.

So with this I think you set the preheat to get the hit you want when it starts. Then it should fall into TC. So you can probably set it higher but for only 1-2 seconds and then let it drop power to match the temp you have set. The longer you have the preheat set for the less actual TC you are doing.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Kevin, TC on most devices has its own preheat, watch so Pbusardo videos some TC device reviews and you can actually see it in power graph.

The Sig seems to require a preheat set to ramp up to temp quickly. But if you have it set at 10 minutes it won't actually do TC, that's why you have it cut off at 4 seconds if you set it higher. The coil gets too hot and since its still basically doing wattage only it cuts off.

So with this I think you set the preheat to get the hit you want when it starts. Then it should fall into TC. So you can probably set it higher but for only 1-2 seconds and then let it drop power to match the temp you have set. The longer you have the preheat set for the less actual TC you are doing.
That's what I said in an earlier post. Mike Vapes complained that it's not really TC. It's basically a timed wattage hit which is bullshit. I expect a lot more from Sigieli. That's definitely a deal breaker for me as I only vape in tc and most of the time it's with SS. Kind of a shame because it's a sexy looking mod and I normally love Sig products.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's what I said in an earlier post. Mike Vapes complained that it's not really TC. It's basically a timed wattage hit which is bullshit. I expect a lot more from Sigieli. That's definitely a deal breaker for me as I only vape in tc and most of the time it's with SS. Kind of a shame because it's a sexy looking mod and I normally love Sig products.

Link? can't find that video from him

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

What do you mean this is just like a dna200 with the preheat. You tweak your initial power desire and then it falls to temp. Mike Vapes just didn't understand what was happening. Honestly it took a lot of trial and error to figure it out so it's not something intuitive. But I don't see how that's isn't real TC.

Other devices takes your power settings to do the same thing. Like I was telling the other user watch Pbusardo videos on most devices with TC and you can see what the device is doing. On my 150tc even though I set it to 80j it only does that till the preheat period is over and it lowers power to keep a temp. This just allows you to set the power. Same. And how long you set the preheat period for. Different.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What do you mean this is just like a dna200 with the preheat. You tweak your initial power desire and then it falls to temp. Mike Vapes just didn't understand what was happening. Honestly it took a lot of trial and error to figure it out so it's not something intuitive. But I don't see how that's isn't real TC.

Other devices takes your power settings to do the same thing. Like I was telling the other user watch Pbusardo videos on most devices with TC and you can see what the device is doing. On my 150tc even though I set it to 80j it only does that till the preheat period is over and it lowers power to keep a temp. This just allows you to set the power. Same. And how long you set the preheat period for. Different.

From what Mike said, you set a timer and then the mod just turns off while you're hitting it. It does not pulse when you hit the desired temp. Again, I don't own this mod so I really can't say this as fact I'm just going by what Mike said. He's my favorite reviewer and I trust his opinion. Watch the video and you'll see what I mean.

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
From what Mike said, you set a timer and then the mod just turns off while you're hitting it. It does not pulse when you hit the desired temp. Again, I don't own this mod so I really can't say this as fact I'm just going by what Mike said. He's my favorite reviewer and I trust his opinion. Watch the video and you'll see what I mean.
I see, honestly from my experience there is no difference between SS TC on any of my other mods and the 213 so I'm not sure if he gets that this feature is in addition to the SS settings

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's what I was getting at it doesn't cut out. Not sure what he was seeing
Though I had it function like that with Ni when I had a kanthal coil in. But the preheat timer doesn't cause it to cut out. It's an initial variable time power setting before it drops to a power setting to match the temp you have set.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's what I was getting at it doesn't cut out. Not sure what he was seeing
Though I had it function like that with Ni when I had a kanthal coil in. But the preheat timer doesn't cause it to cut out. It's an initial variable time power setting before it drops to a power setting to match the temp you have set.
That's good to know hopefully Mike clarifies this when he does a full review. If he does I'm ordering one. Just saw it for $77.

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's good to know hopefully Mike clarifies this when he does a full review. If he does I'm ordering one. Just saw it for $77.

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I've been messing around with this all day. It appears that preheat feature only works if your temp is set at 460 degrees or higher. I'm using a single coil of 316 and made sure the settings reflect this and the resistance is locked. The preheat is set to 35 Watts for two seconds. Now if I set the temp to 400 degrees it will fire for two seconds then the Watts drop way down to like 1-3/Watts for the remainder of the vape. This is why it seems to stop after the preheat time. But if I turn the temp up to 460 or higher it seems to regulate but seems very inconsistent. I wish I knew what the TCR/TFR settings do because this may be what I'm doing wrong. Life was much easier with my kanthal and 30 Watts. Lots of people seem to like this device and I don't want to give up on TC but this is very discouraging. Any advice?

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also when I set the temp to the max,570, there is no change in the warmth of the vape.

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well I've been messing around with this all day. It appears that preheat feature only works if your temp is set at 460 degrees or higher. I'm using a single coil of 316 and made sure the settings reflect this and the resistance is locked. The preheat is set to 35 Watts for two seconds. Now if I set the temp to 400 degrees it will fire for two seconds then the Watts drop way down to like 1-3/Watts for the remainder of the vape. This is why it seems to stop after the preheat time. But if I turn the temp up to 460 or higher it seems to regulate but seems very inconsistent. I wish I knew what the TCR/TFR settings do because this may be what I'm doing wrong. Life was much easier with my kanthal and 30 Watts. Lots of people seem to like this device and I don't want to give up on TC but this is very discouraging. Any advice?
Please watch the video Mike vapes put up, he mentioned that the preheat is to go up to a higher setting and then drop to match your recommended settings. So your preheat should be higher than what you Vape and change the time you would like it to remain at that temp for your preference. Also I'm sure someone will add the TC values for TCR, it's just a number you enter based on the type of coil your using and you can adjust to what you like based on that number.

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The figures below are the set in stone numbers that will work the best. They are more of a starting point and you may or may not have to adjust to your own liking.

Pure Nickel / Ni200 : 0.0052 = 520-600 TCR
Titanium Grade 1 / T1: 0.0035 = 350-370 TCR
Stainless Steel / SS 304 : 0.00105 = 105-110 TCR
Stainless Steel / SS 316 : 0.00092 = 92 TCR
Stainless Steel / SS 317 : 0.0008888 =89-94 TCR
Stainless Steel / SS 410 : 0.00155 = 155 TCR
Stainless Steel / SS 430 : 0.00138 = 138 TCR

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for the quick reply. I will put the 316 number in the TCR memory bank 1. After I do this do I stay here or do I need to set it back to ss316?

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank you for the quick reply. I will put the 316 number in the TCR memory bank 1. After I do this do I stay here or do I need to set it back to ss316?
Stay in that TCR setting, it will automatically stay after you set it

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Again thanks for your help. I left it in that TCR setting, 33 Watts at 1.5 seconds at 200 degrees and test fire the coil without the tank and the wick went up in flames. Do I adjust the TCR number up or down. It has always been my understanding that temp control should not burn dry cotton especially at 200 degrees. I'm using Kidney Puncher SS316L 24 gauge wire.. If you don't know the answers that's cool I appreciate your help any ways.

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Again thanks for your help. I left it in that TCR setting, 33 Watts at 1.5 seconds at 200 degrees and test fire the coil without the tank and the wick went up in flames. Do I adjust the TCR number up or down. It has always been my understanding that temp control should not burn dry cotton especially at 200 degrees. I'm using Kidney Puncher SS316L 24 gauge wire.. If you don't know the answers that's cool I appreciate your help any ways.
TC is after the Preheat. 1.5 seconds is more than enough time to burn a wick.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah I just watched the full review from Mike Vapes and he corrected himself. Looks like I'll be in the market for a new mod because she is a sexy looking beast. lol

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad to hear good things...as evidenced, I really have no need for more mods but given the fact that my v1 Sig 100 is still in the rotation after a year and a half and that whole vapeocalypse thing coming, I'll probably pick up a pair once the price drops...
mods 05.08.16.jpg

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks to all who offered advice. The owners manual lacks directions and explanations for people who are new to temp control. Last night I did Alot of research in regards to TCR with different types of wire and learned a lot. Probably the most important was that SS wire has very little to no ramp up time compared to other wires. Also I assumed the preheat just got to the set temp quicker but it actually works like wattage mode meaning after 2 seconds of pre heating I most likely blew way past my temp and the device had a hard time regulating so it would cut off until the temp dropped . Anyways, I'm using today with my Theorem tank with notch coil and so far so good. Again thanks for the help.

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Sigelei 213 is working like a champ! I'm using a dual SS316 vertical build in my Aromamizer set at 380 degrees. This has been the most consistent vaping I've ever experienced in the 6 plus years I've been vaping. I vape each tank until dry and not once have I had a burnt cotton hit! Very impressed. Again this is the first temp control mod I've owned . I went with Sigelei because my 100+ never let me down and still to this day works the same as the day I got it. I expect the 213 to have the same quality and longevity. I'm very pleased with my purchase and may never go back to regular wattage vaping.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
The Sigelei 213 is working like a champ! I'm using a dual SS316 vertical build in my Aromamizer set at 380 degrees. This has been the most consistent vaping I've ever experienced in the 6 plus years I've been vaping. I vape each tank until dry and not once have I had a burnt cotton hit! Very impressed. Again this is the first temp control mod I've owned . I went with Sigelei because my 100+ never let me down and still to this day works the same as the day I got it. I expect the 213 to have the same quality and longevity. I'm very pleased with my purchase and may never go back to regular wattage vaping.
Looks like we may have another temperature controlled convert among the ranks now!

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Couple of things a couple weeks in.

I was watching something and they stated can pull power interdependently and can level out even during firing. So marrying batteries isn't as important (not that I would recommend not marrying it. But what it does mean is that it is probably only using a single battery for the display. This is probably why one battery (I think the top one) is always at a lower voltage. We are seeing the slight sag of one battery having active power usage.

My personal observation. The Battery management is the best I have seen so far. From full to empty I was using roughly 100 at 2 seconds preheat with 60-70w power setting. It wasn't till I got down to about 10-15% that I noticed it struggling to hit the preheat. The output from the batteries when I put them on the charger, was 3.35 or so. Compared to my Sig 150TC which stopped firing at 50w-60w at ~40% on my LG HG2's. I am probably getting more power out of my VTC5 (2500mah) vs the HG2 units in the end. Next ill probably check the HG2's in the 213 and see how well they work.

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Couple of things a couple weeks in.

I was watching something and they stated can pull power interdependently and can level out even during firing. So marrying batteries isn't as important (not that I would recommend not marrying it. But what it does mean is that it is probably only using a single battery for the display. This is probably why one battery (I think the top one) is always at a lower voltage. We are seeing the slight sag of one battery having active power usage.

My personal observation. The Battery management is the best I have seen so far. From full to empty I was using roughly 100 at 2 seconds preheat with 60-70w power setting. It wasn't till I got down to about 10-15% that I noticed it struggling to hit the preheat. The output from the batteries when I put them on the charger, was 3.35 or so. Compared to my Sig 150TC which stopped firing at 50w-60w at ~40% on my LG HG2's. I am probably getting more power out of my VTC5 (2500mah) vs the HG2 units in the end. Next ill probably check the HG2's in the 213 and see how well they work.

This is very true, I am not a fan of charging devices from the mod itself but I decided to test it by waiting until full and then testing the battery voltage on multimeter and it matched exact. Very cool mod, now I am wondering if I should have just ordered another instead of the VT75 with the DNA chip SMH

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sigelei has a TCR tool on their web site that is very helpful. I put the TCR for 316L and it said .00049... I set it to .0005. It now regulates my temp setting in TCR mode. The tool also gives you the TFR numbers for a set temp. I tested it in all three modes,SS316, TCR ,and TFR at 435 degrees and it felt consistent in all three modes. In TCR the temp would change as I increased or decreased the temp. This is a very finicky mod but the tool on their web site removes the guess work and now all three temp modes seem to be regulating properly. Also I have been charging the batteries using the USB all week with no issues.

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
This mod is worth 39.99 in my book, Sigelei should adopt the DNA chip..
Where did you find it for $39.99? Is it the Sigelei 213w or the Sigelei Fuchai 213? The Fuchai is the more economical version of the 213.

VU Sponsors