Become a Patron!

Sigelei Swallowtail thinks it's charging when it's not

topkek

Member For 4 Years
My Swallowtail has become completely un-useable. The battery meter charging icon displays and does the refilling animation when it's powered off and when it's on the battery meter along the bottom of the display does the refilling animation as well. When I press the power button it displays "charging" in all lower case and won't fire the coil. When it was functioning correctly it would allow for pass through charging and still fire. It shows this "charging" message even when an atomizer isn't connected instead of the "Check Atomizer" warning that it should display when you try to fire without an atomizer.

I've had the thing completely apart and cleaned out any juice that might have gotten to the solder joints or the board and that helped long enough to fire the atomizer once and then it went right back to being borked. I checked for a shit stain, missing/loose component and anything that might cause a short when I was in there and didn't see anything.

Can anybody offer some ideas before I just toss this thing? IMG_0952.JPG

topkek

Member For 4 Years
I just discovered the atomizer deck gets warm even when it's just sitting without an atomizer and without touching the fire button so I'm almost certain it's an isolation problem and the leads are shorting to something.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's not a dead short. I looked and the leads at the battery and 510 connection aren't anywhere near touching. I think it's a shitty solder joint arcing to a component.

You said it gets hot with no Atomizer or hitting the fire button. If is it gets hot there is current flowing through it so if you don't remove the battery are looking to be on the news.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only suggestion I have is to contact Asmodus. It’s a shame as those are really nice mods.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've had the thing completely apart and cleaned out any juice that might have gotten to the solder joints or the board and that helped long enough to fire the atomizer once and then it went right back to being borked.

This removes Asmodus of any responsibility with a Warranty.

Only suggestion I have is to contact Asmodus. It’s a shame as those are really nice mods.

VU Sponsors