Become a Patron!

SILVERPLAY MODIFICATION THREAD

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How is this in comparison with the Billow? I've been rocking mine at 80w and 80vg without issues, can the Silverplay handle that? Build is dual 24 gauge, seven wraps 3mm ID reading about 0.3 ohms.

noejuice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Special wicking tips Rommel? Anything else? Is this the holy grail? I'm ready to order one . . .

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the Billow, SilverPlay, Orchid, Foggers, Goliath and my brother has the Goblin. SilverPlay hits the hardest and has the most airflow. I can rock Billow, Goliath or SilverPlay at 80w with no issue, but the SilverPlay keeps it the coolest and produces the biggest clouds. I've put my .7ohm SilverPlay on an unregulated triple 18650 series box @ 12V and it ripped like you wouldn't believe. With voltage drop it was probably around 185 watts. Blew through a full tank in about 3 min (and was buzzing heavy off the nic!)

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Special wicking tips Rommel? Anything else? Is this the holy grail? I'm ready to order one . . .
Nothing special, just make sure its snug, but not tight in the coil. And the ID of the coil matters, bigger definetely wicks better. Then just have the tips of the wicks tucked near the juice channels, but NOT in them, or even above them. Juice must flow freely.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Everyone should start practicing wicking with an Orchid. Once you handle that, you can wick anything. Just a bit off and you end up with a sieve or a dryhitting like you would a carto.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
any word on when/if they are going to do another run of the silverplay?
I want one but its been out of stock forever. I thought it said 2 weeks but that was 3 weeks ago.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
any word on when/if they are going to do another run of the silverplay?
I want one but its been out of stock forever. I thought it said 2 weeks but that was 3 weeks ago.

No idea. I watched their website for about a week, then FT listed the clone. So I pulled the trigger on the clone. It shipped yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No idea. I watched their website for about a week, then FT listed the clone. So I pulled the trigger on the clone. It shipped yesterday.

I did the same, just wanted to get the authentic, i'm Expecting to really like it and have a few of project subohms attys, kind of like supporting them, you know?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
yayyyyyyyyyy I found one on another sites classies, got in a few miniutes ago, put a nano chimney and a chris mun bellcap. 3 mm 26g dual coil build at 0.49ohms and firing it at 45.8w on powerful plus mode on the sx mini....

this is vaping!!!
now im off to get ideas on how to jack with this
87616e7ae7905c5f96621257272314bd.jpg

Last edited:

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
wOOt, my clone arrived in Philadelphia today. Should get delivered tomorrow.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Silverplay clone arrived Friday. First inspection: excellent machining and finish, much better than I expected. Immediately ordered another. :D

After soaking and drying, I found out one of the negative posts has a stripped thread. Apparently it was cross threaded during assembly. Nice way to start. :mad:

imag0411_picmonkeyed-jpg.19057

screenshot-2015-04-18-at-3-49-59-pm-png.19058

https://www.fasttech.com/p/2201100

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
26480ae8046d6a6845ec586ea168309b.jpg

Got mine today. All and all its fine. All the thread machining is a tad rough. I'm sure it will smooth out over time. One of my negative posts seemed striped, but I swap the screws. It seems fine now.

It came relatively clean. A quick hot water rinse was all it needed.

I built it with twisted 32g, six wraps, 1.8mm ID, rayon wick. .56 ohm's.

It's vaping beautifully, tons of air flow and loads of flavor. I like it.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Silverplay clone arrived Friday. First inspection: excellent machining and finish, much better than I expected. Immediately ordered another. :D

After soaking and drying, I found out one of the negative posts has a stripped thread. Apparently it was cross threaded during assembly. Nice way to start. :mad:

imag0411_picmonkeyed-jpg.19057

screenshot-2015-04-18-at-3-49-59-pm-png.19058

https://www.fasttech.com/p/2201100

Overtapping the negative post threads with a 2-56 tap sorted out the thread problem. Built 3mm, 26 gauge, 8 wraps with the short fluffy cotton wicks I use with Orchids, just a little bit of the bottom ends dipping into the juice channels. Got leaking out the air holes at first, now doing fine.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess I should add that I wicked like a Aqua V2. Rayon down the juice channel about 2/3. The wick in the channels is a little thinner then what goes thru the coil.

I want to find a m-type tank for this. I don't like how you can't see the liquid level while filling. I read that a Aqua v2 tank works, but I can't picture it. Maybe I'll try it tomorrow.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey west, do have this orchid?
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3028/10009514/2135408

If so, could you see if the chimney, tank, and top cap fit on the SP base?

Sure. SP base tank thread fits Orchid/Kayfun/Taifun. SP base chamber thread fits Orchid. Upper threads of SP chamber piece fits Kayfun. That gives you a lot of choices of tank/chimney/top cap configurations.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aquaplay! That was easy. Tobeco Aqua V2 chimney and clear tank w/ silverplay base. Done!

Screwed right together, no noticeable decrease in airflow, hasn't leaked yet.

eef6d6025fcec5ac81d2675b2e7c543c.jpg

T

Taver13

2015-04-21 11.20.00.jpg
here is another one of my famous fankentanks i have been looking for a high capacity tank for my ry4 ADV, well here is a tank that has a silverplay base and chamber, a kayfun extended chimeny, kayfun M-Tank, and a drip tip i got at a local b&m as part of my winnings from a cloud comp a few months ago. i got a 8 wrap of 24 gauge nichrome on a 3/32, comes in at .2 running 50 watts, slightly warm, amazing flavor, have the air wide open, but due to the restriction of the kayfun chimney as opposed to the silver play stocker, it gives me just the resistance i want. oh, it holds just over 10 mil of liquid. the huge juice channels of the deck let me run high vg with no poblem

T

Taver13

Aquaplay! That was easy. Tobeco Aqua V2 chimney and clear tank w/ silverplay base. Done!

Screwed right together, no noticeable decrease in airflow, hasn't leaked yet.

eef6d6025fcec5ac81d2675b2e7c543c.jpg

dude im lovin that, the way it looks on the cloupor mini is awesome, nice little stealther you got there

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 19210
here is another one of my famous fankentanks i have been looking for a high capacity tank for my ry4 ADV, well here is a tank that has a silverplay base and chamber, a kayfun extended chimeny, kayfun M-Tank, and a drip tip i got at a local b&m as part of my winnings from a cloud comp a few months ago. i got a 8 wrap of 24 gauge nichrome on a 3/32, comes in at .2 running 50 watts, slightly warm, amazing flavor, have the air wide open, but due to the restriction of the kayfun chimney as opposed to the silver play stocker, it gives me just the resistance i want. oh, it holds just over 10 mil of liquid. the huge juice channels of the deck let me run high vg with no poblem

Bingo. Looking good.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm back to the stock chimney, tank, top cap configuration with my Silverplay. I really prefer the 6mm chimney.

Here's a filling pro tip. Use a syringe with the light pink needle. It's thin enough to pass the chimney base and into the tank.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm back to the stock chimney, tank, top cap configuration with my Silverplay. I really prefer the 6mm chimney.

Here's a filling pro tip. Use a syringe with the light pink needle. It's thin enough to pass the chimney base and into the tank.

It really needs an companion second longer chimney/tank like Goblin has. :(

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It really needs an companion second longer chimney/tank like Goblin has. :(

Troof. I wish someone would just make a basic topcap that threads into the chimney. Then I could just use a plain old cheapy FT kayfun m-tank. Increased capacity and full visibility. Problems solved.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That is my biggest let down on it. I have to use the kfl restricted chimney since no other tank fits the stock silverplay one....i don't like the tank.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is my biggest let down on it. I have to use the kfl restricted chimney since no other tank fits the stock silverplay one....i don't like the tank.

Yep, I could live with the tank if wasn't such a PITA to fill.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
One taifun nano tank added to cart, thanks!
I thought it would leak from top cap at first but I let it upside down with PG for 3 hours and not a drop. The original tank was my biggest issue with the silverplay, now I have zero. Can even close you're airflow and top fill like Kayfun, just have to tip upside down after and blow out excess into a paper towel but hell of a lot better than using a screwdriver!
Edit: not confirmed but I do believe there is also more juice capacity as the nano tank isn't narrow like the SS on the original...

jesse james

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
View attachment 20774
New setup. Kayfun evap chamber, Kayfun topfill cap. Have yet to eick and fill, hopefully no leaks.
hey what are you using as a congestion ring (the ring you screw on over the coils and then screw the evaporation chamber over?). I tried the same set up that you posted but leaked bad, but the ring of my kayfun v4 didn't fit over the deck of my sp v2. any suggestions would be very helpful

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You guys tried the kayfun monster yet? Been looking for a good single coiler to use wit a nickel build
http://www.vape95.com/products/528-custom-vapes-kayfun

No, rejected it immediately. Because it's still breathing entirely through the center pin, those huge external air holes are just bogus. Only advance I can see is somewhat larger stock juice channels. The single coil design they should have emulated is the dual air Mini Buddha. I have two and consider them a real advance.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No, rejected it immediately. Because it's still breathing entirely through the center pin, those huge external air holes are just bogus. Only advance I can see is somewhat larger stock juice channels. The single coil design they should have emulated is the dual air Mini Buddha. I have two and consider them a real advance.
Mini Buddha? never heard of that one. yeah I know the exterior holes are for aesthetic only, they still widened the center pin. My concern is if the widened it enough. grrrrr back to drawing board, grazie!

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mini Buddha? never heard of that one. yeah I know the exterior holes are for aesthetic only, they still widened the center pin. My concern is if the widened it enough. grrrrr back to drawing board, grazie!

Little atty, very big vape. I've compared the vape to Lemo in a smaller size, except airier. (Appearance is more like a mini Billow V1.) Scaled up to 22mm size and it could be even better. It will happen soon, I imagine.

$_57 (4).JPG $_57 (1).JPG

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
dcae838dd7d59e1d242df67e90fed93f.jpg

Got my taifun nano tank yesterday. I don't understand how its sealing with the topcap, but it's totally leak free. Because the tank is 23mm, filling is much easier.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
dcae838dd7d59e1d242df67e90fed93f.jpg

Got my taifun nano tank yesterday. I don't understand how its sealing with the topcap, but it's totally leak free. Because the tank is 23mm, filling is much easier.

It's nice over stock tank, isn't it! I had one laying around for a short Orchid I never use it in that size, so gave it a try and it works perfectly. Close all the air holes and finger over the chimney top fill is a breeze.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nice tanks guys...i have a fasttech silver play on the way to me..i really just bought it to use the base for some mixing and matching of other parts.

If you could describe the air flow to an rda ,what rda would you feel its close to?

Dubmethod20

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hehe a little late to the party but I'm glad I found the thread. I got a SP from one of the first runs Fasttech did and, not surprisingly, the air holes coming up the posts were not drilled out so, even though it looks right, it's only got the 2 main afcs. Still works ok but I broke the glass section of the tank a while back and have been using plastic replacement tanks for an aqua (v2 I think) certainly not the best fit so I can't wait to try some of the combinations u all have set up. Looks like I'll b hunting for bits and pieces today. My wife will b thrilled :p

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
image.jpeg

I've resurrected my Silverplay v1 out of nothing more than sheer boredom. It's pretty much a nano/micro version of itself with one of the many kits I had acquired to try to make it work. Finally got it to wick properly, not leak/flood, and put out like a champ. Simple spaced 26g 316L SS at about .22ohms. Runs best in TC mode on my Evic VTC Mini.

VU Sponsors