Become a Patron!

Single coil squonk RDA

ResIpsa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know if you have already made a decision on your RDA. But, I have the authentic Halady as well as the Shenray versions. They are really good and are my only RDAs to use on my squonk mods. However, with horizontal air holes they are rather easy to oversquonk and leak. Also, they will often whistle. Coil size and cotton position can make this worse. The build area is small and for me a clapton coil will likely be too warm for the small size. I typically use two 28ga SS wires in parallel at 2.5mm with about 4 or 5 coils. Or, I take the two wires and twist them. Either way works well. Also spacing the coils helps keep the vape a bit cooler.

I haven't bought anything new in a while. But, I saw a review on Youtube by Mike Vapes on the Vandy Vapes Requiem RDA. I have one of those on its way. It'll be a couple weeks. The air channels are angled down which looks like it will help with oversquonking. Also, my hope is that it won't whistle. Fingers crossed.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't know if you have already made a decision on your RDA. But, I have the authentic Halady as well as the Shenray versions. They are really good and are my only RDAs to use on my squonk mods. However, with horizontal air holes they are rather easy to oversquonk and leak. Also, they will often whistle. Coil size and cotton position can make this worse. The build area is small and for me a clapton coil will likely be too warm for the small size. I typically use two 28ga SS wires in parallel at 2.5mm with about 4 or 5 coils. Or, I take the two wires and twist them. Either way works well. Also spacing the coils helps keep the vape a bit cooler.

I haven't bought anything new in a while. But, I saw a review on Youtube by Mike Vapes on the Vandy Vapes Requiem RDA. I have one of those on its way. It'll be a couple weeks. The air channels are angled down which looks like it will help with oversquonking. Also, my hope is that it won't whistle. Fingers crossed.
The Requiem is really nice. It hits really smooth. But oversquonking is still a concern, it has a very small chamber with practically no juice well, so you still have to be a little mindful of how hard you squonk it. The flavor on it is great though, it is a nice RDA overall.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

If you like the hadaly, try the citadel also. They vape very similar only the citadel has a touch more airflow. It’s also much harder to oversquonk. The entheon with the hadeon cap is equally good on both fronts.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I want to try a Claymore next. I'm not really interested in the colorful add-ons. It just looks like it'd be nice to vape with. It's kind of like a single coil Passage, airflow-wise. The deck is like a Nudge 22.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am a chronic over squonker. The Blitz Ghoul has been forgiving to me. Kinda goofy looking but a solid, flavorful vape. They are inexpensive as well.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure it's your style of vaping with all the mentions of the citadel or hadaly. Both the mass mods/unicorn axial rda and damnvape mongrel have been enjoyable. Some folks here turned me onto the axial, arkansaseliquid has them for cheap ($10) and the pei sets for like $2. Replaces the top cap, airflow, drip tip and beauty ring, worth it for the drip tip alone. The metal tip gets a little warm imo. The mongrel's got good flavor, multiple airflow inserts. One was a slight reducer, another vaned and now a honeycomb which I think replaced the open insert on newer ones. For like $20-30 depending on the site. Works better as a squonk than dripper, comes with a glass cap similar to a trinity along with the metal cap. Side inlet to bottom airflow, the airflow inserts have risers on them that help direct airflow straight up around the coil. Good flavor. Both have squonk pins.

VU Sponsors