Become a Patron!

Sinus issues while vaping

Just want to preface that I think vaping is great and I love it as one of my only vices.

My dad is long time pack day smoker, 60+ years. Brother 20+. I smoked newports for what I like to say 5 years but it was closer to 10. I started vaping in 2018 or around about there buying from Elemental vape, many orders from them, dozens over 100$, I am some what of a collector of mods lol! and ejuice for that matter, which all kinda came to an end when the government steped in requiring obsurd amounts of money for shipping the stuff. Any way, I have a problem that maybee a friendly vaper can chime in on.

My initial honeymoon with vaping lasted for quite some time, over 6 months, probably close to a year. I was at my wits end with cigarettes and cigars. I was having severe black outs from combustible Tabaco for many years, and severe stomach issues. I had smoked many thousands of packs of cigarettes and many thousands more of cigars. When I initially bought that first order of vape gear from elemental vape, and started vaping and got off the combustible tabacco It was the best day of my life. It felt amazing being done with that shit, and I swore and new I would never touch another cigarette for the rest of my life cuz there fucking gross. I had smoked newports for years, which my sinus probably didnt like with all the menthol. It was probably like i say 6 months to a year into my vaping when I decided try this Fruitia Bannana iced, which was my first iced free base eliquid I had ever used. I liked it, so I bought a second bottle but I started having severe sinus issues after having used it. Something I felt happened to my sinuses, something brought about inflammation from my years of smoking menthol newports, and for the last year and half I have had severe symptons of accute rhinitus with bloody sinuses, especially the part of the sinus in the forhead, man on a pain scale of level 10 when I vape even just 20-30 hits a day.
Im a strong guy, I have been dealing with the pain, and vaping just a little, as it was my only vice u know, I didnt drink for many years or use precrption drugs, or anything, u know, even over the counter stuff. Im vegetarian for over 10 years, strickt.

I was thinking of trying 100% VG cuz maybee the PG is what my sinusus is having a problem with. I love vaping, I never went to smoke cigarettes or cigars ever again and I want to make it work as one of my only vices but the amount of horribly accute inflamtion, bleeding, and rhinitus I experience, pain on another level, with just the most lighly vaping, like I can keep a bottle of 60ml freebase or 30ml nic salt for over like, 3 months, thats how light I vape but it still, gives me pain scales of 9-10 at work.
I dont get it, some ppl can vape and smoke there guts out, cigarettes all day long, and it doesnt bother them in the least while I can barely take a few hits of vape and I have level 10 migranes for days after it. I was light drug user growing up, whether that has something to do with this it could, but, if anyone has experienced the same as me, or has any tips for me, I want to continue to vape cuz i love it, but I dont want to be in pain all the time. I havent went to the doctor because I feel my issue is kinda silly, I mean Im a logical guy, I realize vaping is causing this issue and it is, but I want to continue u know, and I dont want to explain that to a doctor so I feel like other vapers may understand better this issue.
My sinuses become so inflamed, and for days I get this yellow gooey crap, they become extremely raw and pulsate with pain. It is from only vaping, other wise I have no issue what so ever with my sinus cavities. The tips of my sinus cavities, closes to the end of my nose, split, from them being so raw many many times, and bleed caused from vaping. I cant seem to figure out what is causing it. Is it the PG or VG??? I dont know but I need to figure it out and get over it lol!

I also just want to mention im big health fanatic, Iv been vegetarian for 15 years. I run over 1000 miles a year, I lift weights. For many days during good weather I will run 3 times a day between 5-6 miles each. I care about my health but I care about vaping as well. Something about vaping is messing with my sinuses and I cant figure it out by my self. Because of vaping I have been without a cigarette in over 10 years and I never plan on smoking another and that goes for cigars as well.

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and Welcome- :wave:
I am not a doctor and don't like to play one one line so I suggest you see one, or go to Urgent Care to have it looked at.
This time of year is drying to the skin and throat and nasal cavities because of heated indoor air and dry outside air, maybe some vaseline jelly in your nose, or the drugstore may have some product to help.
Using a humidifier may help as well.
PG can be very drying- lowering that amount may help. Some flavors could be irritating too.
Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi @Jefferybacs and welcome to VU
I am not a doctor either but I do a lot of medical research. My advice is if you are experiencing this
My sinuses become so inflamed, and for days I get this yellow gooey crap, they become extremely raw and pulsate with pain. It is from only vaping, other wise I have no issue what so ever with my sinus cavities. The tips of my sinus cavities, closes to the end of my nose, split, from them being so raw many many times, and bleed caused from vaping. I cant seem to figure out what is causing it. Is it the PG or VG??? I dont know but I need to figure it out and get over it lol!
You might have an infection and you SHOULD see a TRUSTED doctor. While you are waiting for your appointment DO Research.
I have a health thread that has a lot of health information and will watch for any pertaining information for you and post it therefor you.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I get sinus problems seasonably. Seeing a doctor is a wise suggestion. They can prescribe medicine you can apply inside your nose (with a swab, not your finger) to help your sinus cavities heal. Keep your fingers out of your nose during this time. Fingernails harbor many dangerous bacterium that can make your nasal infection worse. Depending on the severity, you may also be prescribed pills.

VU Sponsors