Become a Patron!

site won't keep me logged in

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lately I've run into this almost everytime I come here to see what's new -- I find that I'm not logged in anymore. And yes, on the login screen, the "stay logged in" box is CHECKED, so that's clearly a bug that needs stomping.

Andria

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I haven't experienced this bug. Clearing the browser cache or resetting the browser to factory defaults might help... I use the portable edition of FireFox for this exact reason: being able to save multiple copies of various different browser settings and addon configurations, and, when combined with multiple sandboxes in Sanboxie, I can run them all alongside each other, and can do so without having to worry so much about potential browser security loopholes and the related internet security software packages' annoyances like overzealous warnings, false positives, bugs, etc.. I know FireFox had a lot of flakiness going on up until not too long ago, but IME this situation appears to have been remedied to satisfactory levels. I use multiple browsers, mostly in order to try to pinpoint and avoid website related troubles like browser incompatibilities/disabilities.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Lately I've run into this almost everytime I come here to see what's new -- I find that I'm not logged in anymore. And yes, on the login screen, the "stay logged in" box is CHECKED, so that's clearly a bug that needs stomping.

Andria

We'll get @misswish 's cat Jessie right on it! I hear she's hell on bugs! (jk Andria, hope you're doing ok)

@CJ @5150sick

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Andria

What browser are you using? A little more info and maybe one of us can help? If you clear cookies that will log you out.

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
? Nope. I never close the VU tab, and never close the browser.

Andria
So you're saying you never close your browser and you never close the VU tab but you still get logged out?

Are you using more than your PC ever?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So you're saying you never close your browser and you never close the VU tab but you still get logged out?

Are you using more than your PC ever?

What does that last sentence mean? I can't make any sense of it at all. Yes, I get logged out, though I don't close the tab, and the browser is always open.

Andria

VU Sponsors