Become a Patron!

skyrc mc3000?

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
oh, you just think that not filling a battery all the way is dumb.
i guess because batteries are cheap.

see, sometimes i wanna do something just because i wanna do it.
got nothing to do with battery price.

girls just wanna have fun....

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i started this thread to get some ideas aboout a charger.
I gave you some ideas about a charger. Reasonable ideas, that is.
car, you have used it as a platform to belittle my ideas because they disagree with your half baked theories.
Which theories are you referring to? The only half baked theory that's been presented here is claiming it's a smart idea to charge batteries to 4.0 volts, and, the reason why I haven't belittled you in any way is because I said it depends so this only shows you're avoiding subject.
now, you attach rooster by misinterpreting what mooch said.
I guess I could decide to attach him back to where I think he belongs, but it would only create more noise. If you think I'm misinterpreting what Mooch said, then please feel free to elaborate on that instead of trying to be such a big smartass with your useless remarks.
yeah, i know EXACTLY what he said.
Really?
please stop being so unpleasant.
The unpleasantness will go away after you stop acting like a bitch.

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
please go away. we already know i disagree with your stupid ideas, so you contribute nothing.
as far as your charger goes, i only buy quality.
by the way, mooch thinks rewraps are a bad idea unless you live in a disadvantaged country.
if you don't believe me, go ask him.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Not sure I want to jump in on this thread but....

Yes, charging your cells a little bit lower will absolutely massively increase the cycle life of your cells. There was a study in Sweden where they found 4.1V is generally about double the cycle life, 4.0V is generally 3-4x the cycle life. 4.1V especially actually doesn't lead to all that much less run time per cycle. So it is absolutely valid to want to do this. Most electric vehicles do this.

Secondly, we use SkyRC MC3000 for some of our quality checks and I actually have it as my home charger. It is a bit unintuitive to use but you can save settings under presets for it so that all you have to do is press enter to charge. Initial setup is difficult but once you set everything up it can be pretty easy, you can just have a charge mode set in there to charge to 4.1V or whatever and you just select it. I think you'll be fine.

Hope that helps.

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
thanks. jon.
i finally got this charger set up.
i'm charging at.7 only up to 4.1
charging takes 2 hours n i'm getting good run time.
the batteries stay cool, i love that.
i apprieciate hearing about the swedish study.
i guess i'll try charging to 4,0, just for fun.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
thanks. jon.
i finally got this charger set up.
i'm charging at.7 only up to 4.1
charging takes 2 hours n i'm getting good run time.
the batteries stay cool, i love that.
i apprieciate hearing about the swedish study.
i guess i'll try charging to 4,0, just for fun.
Great news, I happy you’re new charger is success. More proof that you were right to want to undercharge your cells to double, triple cell life. Maybe more proof with the Swedish study will shut up that douchebag Cara-whatever. Dude don’t know when to shut up. Uh-oh I think I hear him coming...gotta go c ya

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
rooster, i'm having fun.
i love quality tools.
i love messing with atteries.
I appreciate nice tools also. I’d rather spend more on the front end and have a superior tool to use rather then dealing with crap and saving some scratch. I looked at this charger when I ended up buying the Miboxer C4-12. I thought it may be over my head, technically speaking, and I’d just use it in dummy mode so I went with the Miboxer. If I didn’t love it so much I’d get the SkyRC but the miboxer does a great job charging and keeps my cells cooler than my other chargers and at a higher charge rate. It takes my 18650’s from 3.3 to 4.2 in a little over an hour and only gets in the 40’s c. It amazes me because my Xtar and Lito-kala both get pretty warm charging at 1.0-1.5c. The Miboxer stays cool at double the rate. Having said all that my next charger purchase will be the SkyRC. I’m also curious to see how much the Miboxer charging that fast effects my cells. I really love talking and researching these charger. Best of luck to y’all

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
i never expected that a charger would give me good data, but it does.
the IR may be off, but it's consistant.
my 2 test hg 2s always measure IR the same
24 n 23 in the first 2slots,
22 n 21 in slots 3 n 4.
that much variation iis fine when battery 2 always reads better than 1.

now, i gotta learn how to read graphs.

rooster, if i can use this thing, so can you.
gotta work tho.
the manual is great, detailed n written by an english speaker.
it's just over my head.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Great news, I happy you’re new charger is success. More proof that you were right to want to undercharge your cells to double, triple cell life. Maybe more proof with the Swedish study will shut up that douchebag Cara-whatever. Dude don’t know when to shut up. Uh-oh I think I hear him coming...gotta go c ya
FIY, Mooch himself recently retracted his earlier statement re 'triple' the cell life. Under normal circumstances/scenarios with normal use patterns used in vaping, extending cell life that much becomes quite simply the exact opposite of practicality anyway in the first place so yes, you can buy expensive test equipment and investigate fun theories and all that, but in the end this forum is about vaping so you can't get around the general rule that changing out the batteries in the mod more frequently causes more wear and tear on both the mod and the terminals of the batteries themselves, more so than what the expense of having to buy a set of new batteries will be worth, and especially in view of the fact that the vast majority of vapers prefer to just extend the vaping time as much as they possibly (or impossibly... ;)) can so, basically, who the fuck cares when the reality is that I never actually even claimed that doubling the cell life is technically materially not possible, and that is still regardless of who you call 'douchebag', and still regardless of who you want to shut up so, basically, get a life why dontcha.

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
i know he did. that was in a conversation with me. idiot.
he now says it will GREATLY EXTEND BATTERY LIFE.
WHO CARES WHAT YOU THINK?
I'VE SEEN YOUR STUPID ATTITUDE ON SEVERAL UNRELATED TOPICS.
always the same unplasantness.
no matter what you say, no one respects your opinion.
why don't you get a life.
why bother me?
you are not wanted here, or on any thread i start.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i know he did. that was in a conversation with me. idiot.
he now says it will GREATLY EXTEND BATTERY LIFE.
WHO CARES WHAT YOU THINK?
I'VE SEEN YOUR STUPID ATTITUDE ON SEVERAL UNRELATED TOPICS.
always the same unplasantness.
no matter what you say, no one respects your opinion.
why don't you get a life.
why bother me?
you are not wanted here, or on any thread i start.
Do you have anger management issues?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
no. i just don't like rude, unpleasant, people.
go away.
First you call me idiot, and then the next moment you tell me you don't like people being rude. I think I'll stay here for a while longer... this is totally too amusing.

VU Sponsors