Become a Patron!

Slacker Radio ANDROID SUCKS

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So for you Samsung Galaxy users out there SAMSUNG MILK has made us switch to SLACKER Radio.
One thing i cannot figure out is when you have the app running and close out, there is nothing on the notification area showing what song is playing or, play or pause etc etc WTF!@#!^$%&*?

I contacted slacker Several days ago and only got a stupid autobot email. This sucks because milk was working great. Also to get a few features enabled with slacker like skipping a song (not FF/RR) or adding it as a fav you have to pay $3.99 a month Hello VZW (Verizon). There is another option of an additional $9.99 a Month on top of the $3.99 which gives you options like fast forwarding a song or reverse etc blah blah.

This sucks! As much as KAT shut down.

Remember when VZW had unlimited Data?

That's my Rant, Rave, drama for the night.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't remember VZW ever having unlimited data, but I never worried about going over so...

I absolutely hate Slacker, and Pandora, Rather than tailor themselves to my tastes as they claim, the play songs from bands that they think are similar. If I want Metallica, I'm not in the mood for AC/DC, which I told you the last 4 times you played AC/DC when I picked Metallica. I eventually gave up on both, and since phones have decent storage now, I just use songs from my library copied to my phone on shuffle through DoubleTwist.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have every song but lately i have been in the mood for metal, nu metal, screamo and i have heard some songs and bands i have not heard while using slacker, but that APP sucks big time and i want to ***** at whoever created the app.:gaah::cuss2:

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You might want to look into Sirius/XM if you want real radio, like with actual stations that actually play a coherent collection of songs (and new bands in the genre). I don't know what they charge for online, but all of my cars for the last 20 years maybe have had lifetime.

jimbodaddy74

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have you checked for an update? I quite literally checked this out and downloaded the Slacker app and it shows a notification when playing in the background. I usually use Google Play Music, and play my personal library from the cloud.

Edit: I have a Galaxy Note 5 in case you were wondering.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you checked for an update? I quite literally checked this out and downloaded the Slacker app and it shows a notification when playing in the background. I usually use Google Play Music, and play my personal library from the cloud.

Edit: I have a Galaxy Note 5 in case you were wondering.
Same phone I have!
Let me reinstall the app, maybe that's the issue...... Yup how about that.
Yea my gf has xm radio. Been considering it for my truck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You might want to look into Sirius/XM if you want real radio, like with actual stations that actually play a coherent collection of songs (and new bands in the genre). I don't know what they charge for online, but all of my cars for the last 20 years maybe have had lifetime.
I agree..when I got a Alpine (Satellite ready) deck for my truck
I also got the free subscription for my smart phone from SuriusXM ..
I really like it, much better than iHeartRadio or Pandora that I was using...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I know I am awakening an OLD thread but I am a new Android User because I had to recently retire my trusty Blackberry and went with the Google Pixel 2 XL (Android 9 PIE). I also had to upgrade the stereo in my Truck so I went with a Pioneer Media Player instead of the XM Ready units. Couldn't see paying for music when I have 200+ GB's on my network. USB Support so I have whatever I want anytime I want. My reason for posting is those of you using Pandora is it any good these days? I have the ability to use it VIA Bluetooth and my new VZW Contract is unlimited data. So would love to hear some opinions from current users.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not familiar with Pandora myself, but if they happen to have content you're interested in TuneIn Radio is a free app with a ton of channels to stream. Just a heads up in the event you hadn't heard of it since migrating to Android.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not familiar with Pandora myself, but if they happen to have content you're interested in TuneIn Radio is a free app with a ton of channels to stream. Just a heads up in the event you hadn't heard of it since migrating to Android.

No, I haven't as a matter of fact and after having the new phone for only a couple of weeks I had to upgrade to A9 Pie because I did not want it pushed to me without having time to learn the new OS before I really needed my phone. I will look into it and Tune In~! Thanks my friend it is much appreciated.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I looked into the Tune In app this morning and it appears it is just like listening to the Radio. I was looking for something that is like the XM. Definitely an App that has been DL'ed many times with 100 Million~!

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tune in does rebroadcast a bunch of AM/FM stations, but there is a lot of other independent non terrestrial stuff streaming as well. Not that they necessarily have what you're looking for, but you may have to search and dig through the results to find what you want. I use it to stream House music and other stuff that has zero chance of ever being heard OTA, so it works for me, but ymmv.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Looks like I need to do a bit more research since Tune In is highly rated..........

b7be3ad5-666f-4aec-8bf2-d856239f749d.png

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I know I am awakening an OLD thread but I am a new Android User because I had to recently retire my trusty Blackberry and went with the Google Pixel 2 XL (Android 9 PIE). I also had to upgrade the stereo in my Truck so I went with a Pioneer Media Player instead of the XM Ready units. Couldn't see paying for music when I have 200+ GB's on my network. USB Support so I have whatever I want anytime I want. My reason for posting is those of you using Pandora is it any good these days? I have the ability to use it VIA Bluetooth and my new VZW Contract is unlimited data. So would love to hear some opinions from current users.
I listen to my Pandora just about every day. I put it on in the morning during my "work" routine. I love it, but I have the commercial free account. The more you thumb up or down the better it gets.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I use "next radio" but the thing is you use the headphones as the antenna so unless you are hardwired i don't think it will work :(

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Remember when VZW had unlimited Data?

VZW has unlimited Data again I have had it with my Pixel Since I got it~!

I was too lazy to go get my iPod and Speakers one night while having a quiet dinner on the back patio but wanted some music so I DL'ed the Free iHeart Radio App and been using it for a few months now. Although I can't skip on the handset I can when I am using the Bluetooth Audio in my vehicle~! Still looking for other FREE Music Apps for Android if anyone is still following this thread.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Tried Pandora the other day and the Ads you have to listen to for being able to skip are 5 seconds long. I can deal with that~!

VU Sponsors