Become a Patron!

Small mod for my wife

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
SW Mini isnt much bigger...maybe its my eyes (Could be cuz the Micro TFV4 is on it also)
20160121_130457.jpg
f0f3c453b14d1ba4de45db8991b3edf2.jpg

The SW Mini is just a tiny bit bigger...

Izen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I feel much better now :) thank you for clarifying what your intent and thoughts were when posting, it actually does make a difference since people only can tel what was voiced from their own perspective. I know I should have thicker skin, but my skins as thick is it gets at home and I actually come here for the positive attitude/friendliness of most people and to talk to people that are older then 13...This is why I think I get more offended on this forum then I do at home, I find this to be my place to unwind and share and get away from the things that I would rather not deal or think about.
Well, fwiw, I'm friendly most (if not all) of the time. :) ...and while I'm young at heart, I have sixty years behind me. (avatar's a recent photo). Sometimes I'll just spit it out directly, as the world I grew up in wasn't so PC... Still... there no excuse, for 'bad' behavior, but I try to express myself appropriately. I have my moments. ;) Thanks for understanding. I hope we're... :cool:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well, fwiw, I'm friendly most (if not all) of the time. :) ...and while I'm young at heart, I have sixty years behind me. (avatar's a recent photo). Sometimes I'll just spit it out directly, as the world I grew up in wasn't so PC... Still... there no excuse, for 'bad' behavior, but I try to express myself appropriately. I have my moments. ;) Thanks for understanding. I hope we're... :cool:
We're good, Im not over the hill just yet (Waiting for my Moms Swatting Hand...). Im still learning and trying to broaden my perspectives, but I can be stubborn or thick headed here and there. Dont mind me if I come off opinionated or indifferent, I dont get out much. I work at home ( Developing Software and Proof-checking every piece of code afterwards) and Im raising kids at the same time, Im not at all sane and sometimes I need to be brought back to reality.. Okay life story over, back to topic.... ;)

Last edited:

Jim-

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
wh

What do you suggest powering the nautilus mini with?

Guess I did not get specific so I'll throw this out simply cause I got one on the cheap and keep it as a triple reserve carry-on back up. Sigelei Mini. Small 30 watt device, very reasonably priced, micro usb chargeable, and very simple controls. 5-30w with VV option. I can't vouch for durability simply because I have only used it once. To make sure it worked heh. Payed like 23 bucks for it on sale.

JIm

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Guess I did not get specific so I'll throw this out simply cause I got one on the cheap and keep it as a triple reserve carry-on back up. Sigelei Mini. Small 30 watt device, very reasonably priced, micro usb chargeable, and very simple controls. 5-30w with VV option. I can't vouch for durability simply because I have only used it once. To make sure it worked heh. Payed like 23 bucks for it on sale.

JIm
Istick 30W would also be decent for it, its one of the only Isticks that didnt have all the issues the 50w had and its tiny, I use my Goblin Mini on it everyday. They are also cheap and may appeal to the wife as it comes in many color choices. The Mini Volt with the Nautilus Mini would be a great combo also

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Istick 30W would also be decent for it, its one of the only Isticks that didnt have all the issues the 50w had and its tiny, I use my Goblin Mini on it everyday. They are also cheap and may appeal to the wife as it comes in many color choices. The Mini Volt with the Nautilus Mini would be a great combo also
I keep thinking about the bolt with my aromamizer. Just have to take the fused claptons out first...

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Izen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Decisions, decisions (lol) psssst... that Sig 50 V2 ($19.99), is still the best deal on the planet right now, and it's a quality mod.

Izen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Decisions, decisions (lol) psssst... that Sig 50 V2 ($19.99), is still the best deal on the planet right now, and it's a quality mod.
It's slim. No sharp edges. Has those elegant looking Swoosh lines. Nicely finished. Soft in the hands. No confusing menus. Plenty of power for a new vaper. It's Sigelei. It's quality!... Lol - I'm just sayin' :)

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are too funny :rolleyes:o_O Not from my cold dead hands...:D
HAHA... you always complain about that thing and annoying it is. I'm willing to help you out here and take it off of your hands. Just trying to help a brotha out!

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's slim. No sharp edges. Has those elegant looking Swoosh lines. Nicely finished. Soft in the hands. No confusing menus. Plenty of power for a new vaper. It's Sigelei. It's quality!... Lol - I'm just sayin' :)
I have been leaning heavy towards that just because I know that if she doesn't use it in the long run... I will.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Also built like a Tank! Ive dropped my 100+ more times then Ive used it and nothing is wrong with it still.
HAHA... you always complain about that thing and annoying it is. I'm willing to help you out here and take it off of your hands. Just trying to help a brotha out!

You heard right you should accept my deal from my last post!

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also built like a Tank! Ive dropped my 100+ more times then Ive used it and nothing is wrong with it still.

You heard right you should accept my deal from my last post!
Fine, Iwill snag the Sigele to have. I already have one Aromamizer. I like it but not enough to have two! I wanted a Crius but seeing how the deck is smaller than the Aromamizer... I wouldn't even want to build on that. That is why you just need to send me the Griffen!

Izen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Also built like a Tank! Ive dropped my 100+ more times then Ive used it and nothing is wrong with it still...
I've a 100 Watt Plus also, (ok, haven't dropped it yet - but), it IS solid. Built like a tank. I just retired it to backup status after getting a Lotus LE80 but that's another story...
I have been leaning heavy towards that just because I know that if she doesn't use it in the long run... I will.
Seriously, follow your instinct. We are seldom wrong when we follow our instincts.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Fine, Iwill snag the Sigele to have. I already have one Aromamizer. I like it but not enough to have two! I wanted a Crius but seeing how the deck is smaller than the Aromamizer... I wouldn't even want to build on that. That is why you just need to send me the Griffen!

Ebay my friend, Ebay!
They are sold out or on preorder everywhere else...spend the extra money and get it sooner then later.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ebay my friend, Ebay!
They are sold out or on preorder everywhere else...spend the extra money and get it sooner then later.
I get that Ivogo Velocity RDTA tomorrow... so that will be the project for this weekend. Not sure what I am going to build in that to keep from getting constant dry hits with the tank being below the coils. This should be fun... and probably taste like ass unti l figure it out!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I get that Ivogo Velocity RDTA tomorrow... so that will be the project for this weekend. Not sure what I am going to build in that to keep from getting constant dry hits with the tank being below the coils. This should be fun... and probably taste like ass unti l figure it out!

I was going to order one to compare it for when my Avocado arrives...same concept but the Geekvape seems much more polished and higher quality, the only issue I see is filling them and gravity/wicking...I guess we will see the results soon enough. I also am picking up the Diablo RTA to add to the Velocity RTA comparison....

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was going to order one to compare it for when my Avocado arrives...same concept but the Geekvape seems much more polished and higher quality, the only issue I see is filling them and gravity/wicking...I guess we will see the results soon enough. I also am picking up the Diablo RTA to add to the Velocity RTA comparison....
I saw geek vape spotted another rdta. The subzero I think it was. Looks nice but only glanced at it. Don't need the temptation!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ray don't mix your tanks and your drippers. :confused:
These are all RTAs, well the Avocado and Ivogo RTDA are more like Gennies but still...
I want to make the Ultimate Velocity Style RTA Comparison when Im done and got them all....I have most of them so far except the Alpha Ohmega, Diablo, Ivogo RTDA and Im waiting on that Avocado...

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These are all RTAs, well the Avocado and Ivogo RTDA are more like Gennies but still...
I want to make the Ultimate Velocity Style RTA Comparison when Im done and got them all....I have most of them so far except the Alpha Ohmega, Diablo, Ivogo RTDA and Im waiting on that Avocado...
Send me the Griffen and I will compare to the ivogo.

Izen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@raymo2u - Ok got it. Saw you post Velocity RTA And I'm thinking wtf is that? Now I know you meant Velocity style deck.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@raymo2u - Ok got it. Saw you post Velocity RTA And I'm thinking wtf is that? Now I know you meant Velocity style deck.
You would be surprised to know that the Griffin and VCMT 25mm both have decks that allow more space then the RDA they are styled after! I cant imagine the deck on the 30mm VCMT/Alpha!

BTW Guys the Griffin 25mm is in its prototype stage and we will have some peeks at it in a week or 2 hopefully have preorders very soon for it also....supposed to have bigger everything like the VCMT.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ivogo made an actual velocity rdta. Downside is that it is a bottom tank design. So a velocity sitting on a tank. I have one showing up tomorrow. Going to see if it is any good. I will know Friday it Saturday night of it is any good.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Griffin vs Velocity RDA..The Posts are further apart and thinner, the barrel is wider then the edges of the deck also so there is more build room to work with....in the same 22mm form
I also think the way the airflow is on the velocity makes flavors muted and airy even when almost closed off, the Griffin has bottom airflow so the flavor is fuller and its directed directly to the coils. The Barrel/Chamber is also slightly domed inside, so the flavor is condensed (as much as it could be) and the air isnt restricted..
Griffin Comparison.jpg Griffin Comparison .jpg

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Griffin vs Velocity RDA..The Posts are further apart and thinner, the barrel is wider then the edges of the deck also so there is more build room to work with....in the same 22mm form
I also think the way the airflow is on the velocity makes flavors muted and airy even when almost closed off, the Griffin has bottom airflow so the flavor is fuller and its directed directly to the coils. The Barrel/Chamber is also slightly domed inside, so the flavor is condensed (as much as it could be) and the air isnt restricted..
View attachment 38819 View attachment 38820
You can stop making me want the Griffen more anytime soon!

Izen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Griffin looks like a Kennedy style Velocity style deck. :) Don't over drip that sucker. :) (oh yeah, you can't... it's not a dripper).

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Griffin looks like a Kennedy style Velocity style deck. :) Don't over drip that sucker. :)
Its a RTA...no dripping needed! Ive taken it up to 180w and vaped as fast/long as possible and I got nic sic on 3mg before I could even get a hint of a dryhit....It has spoiled me and now my RDAs dont even get a glare in their direction...

Izen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
hit RETURN too soon... corrected already. sorry sorry

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
hit RETURN too soon... corrected already. sorry sorry
Homebuild with 4.80Ghz I7 (Newer Quad Core Turbo'd), 12GB DDR5, 500GB SSD, 12mb LM3 Cache, 4GB Geforce GTX, 1200w psu, thermaltake watercooling and Fios 120Mbps doesnt help....

Izen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Homebuild with 4.80Ghz I7 (Newer Quad Core Turbo'd), 12GB DDR5, 500GB SSD, 12mb LM3 Cache, 4GB Geforce GTX, 1200w psu, thermaltake watercooling and Fios 120Mbps doesnt help....
Nice little machine you've got there. I'm a builder too but... you don't wanna know... :)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nice little machine you've got there. I'm a builder too but... you don't wanna know... :)
Spent almost all my savings to build it but I needed something decent for my work and I didnt want to have to upgrade for atleast 5-7 years...I shouldnt need to do anything more except overclock it by then but Im sure Ill need to buy something to keep up with all the new rendering software

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its a RTA...no dripping needed! Ive taken it up to 180w and vaped as fast/long as possible and I got nic sic on 3mg before I could even get a hint of a dryhit....It has spoiled me and now my RDAs dont even get a glare in their direction...
I just saw Eciggity has the Griffin in stock for like 35 bucks. You think it would be worth it to order one or two??

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just saw Eciggity has the Griffin in stock for like 35 bucks. You think it would be worth it to order one or two??

I paid $38 for mine but @Hank F. Spankman just posted a All black version he got...Im going to get one tonight! Its really up to you on what your comfortable getting and where you buy from, all I can do is share what Ive gathered using it. I find it to the very best RTA Ive used, it has almost no limitations on what you can build and use, its easy to wick and build on, it has topfill, there isnt a flaw on it and its well built. Ive spent much more on Tanks/RDAs that weren't half that soo..

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I paid $38 for mine but @Hank F. Spankman just posted a All black version he got...Im going to get one tonight! Its really up to you on what your comfortable getting and where you buy from, all I can do is share what Ive gathered using it. I find it to the very best RTA Ive used, it has almost no limitations on what you can build and use, its easy to wick and build on, it has topfill, there isnt a flaw on it and its well built. Ive spent much more on Tanks/RDAs that weren't half that soo..
Right on...I did notice Eciggity also offered the black version. I've ordered from this vendor before and got my item in about 3 days from the day I placed the order..Not bad coming all the way from Hawaii...if I do order it'll be two in bkack to match my black RX mods...lol

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Well Ray I just placed an order for the black Griffin from Eccigity.. Probly will ask you in a PM on how to build it..lolo

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I paid $36 for mine, I think. Can't recall how much shipping was tho
I want to get a black version and find some white or red o-rings for it, then throw on a red dotmod drip tip....that would be smexxii :D

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I want to get a black version and find some white or red o-rings for it, then throw on a red dotmod drip tip....that would be smexxii :D
Did your silver one come with a delrin wide bore?

VU Sponsors