Become a Patron!

Smoant Battlestar fires sometimes with full wattage

Clapton

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a strange experience with my Battlestar.
Sometimes it fires way too high.. it results in instantly hot vape and burnt cotton .. this only happens on this mod.

I exprerienced it twice 1 time with my GeekVape Avocado and with an OBS Engine.
Now i switched to TC mode and it seems to be fine, but i dont know what did happen or if there is anything seriously damaged inside this mod. Switching the tanks to other mods works fine and for that i think it is not a short circuit in the tanks itself.

In the Engine i had 2 Alien Coils on 0.22 Ohms on 50 Watts and in the Avocado i had two alpha braid coils Ni80 also with .22 Ohms on 47 Watts when this happened. I know that i should be carefull with that braid coils when cutting the leads because of that many thin wires..

Do you have any explanation for that ?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Resistance jumping up higher?
If the resistance goes higher the mod will put out more voltage trying to put out the wattage you selected.
Have you tried locking the resistance? Or can you do it on that mod?

Clapton

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As i remember the resistance didnt change. And in TC mode it works fine on that mod so far.

It seems to be wrong sometimes only in wattage mode and there i usually do not lock the resistance in VW and i guess the mod isnt locking or able to

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
As i remember the resistance didnt change. And in TC mode it works fine on that mod so far.

It seems to be wrong sometimes only in wattage mode and there i usually do not lock the resistance in VW and i guess the mod isnt locking or able to
It seems, your Attys are working properly on other mods, except on your Battlestar. Therefore, I assume, there might be a contact issue in the 510 connection of your Battlestar mod. Thus, resulting in false reading of the coil's resistance, and the mod trying to adjust the power output accordingly. I've had similar jumping of resistance on various mods, as @The Cromwell referenced already. Most of the time, I just had to clean the 510 connection on the mod. Meanwhile, it's part of my regular maintenance of my mods. I clean the 510 connection with a Q-Tip, by putting some 90% isopropyl alcohol on one side of the Q-Tip, cleaning the 510 connection with it, as a first step. Second step, using the dry tip to rub off the 510 connection. Then, I leave the mod sitting for a Minute, in order to let any eventual alcohol left, to evaporate. After that, I screw on the Atty, and enjoy my vape. :cheers:

VU Sponsors