Become a Patron!

Smoant Battlestar RTA Review By DeucesJack

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Full Disclosure:

Let’s get all the disclosures out of the way. This tank was sent to me directly from Smoant specifically for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, shape, or form cause me to give this tank a favorable review or change my opinion in any way.
9ef81d93177aa615d0f5e7e794dd46d9.jpg

First Impression Out Of The Box:

Nice packaging, typical Smoant. There's a lot of glass on this tank. Looks like there is a space between the deck and the base of the tank. So far I’m digging the short, stout look of this tank.

What’s In The box:

In the box you get a fully assembled Battlestar RTA, spare o'rings, spare glass, spare grub screws, and a blue flathead screwdriver. There is also an instruction card and a quality certificate.
e2674f146263c812dbb14878ad19b35c.jpg

From Top To Bottom:

The drip tip and top cap are all one piece. Really not a fan of that design on any tank. The drip tip is comfortable and does stay cool while chain vaping but I like choices. I like having the option of using my own drip tips. The good news is the inside of the top cap does have metal threading that is nice and smooth. The exterior of the combination drip tip/top cap has some really nice hard knurling that makes removing it very easy. It seems to be made out of a very hard durable plastic.

The fill port section is made of metal and the fill ports are actually nice and big. They are kidney shaped and should accommodate almost any type of juice bottle. The chimney coming up from the barrel is actually kind of narrow which i am sure contributes to this tanks really good flavor. The chimney threads directly onto the top cap.

The barrel is wide and has a slight conical design towards the top. It's made out of stainless steel and has some Smoant branding on it. The branding is subtle and you almost have to consciously look for it to see it. Just the way I like my branding on my vape products.

The base measures 24.5 mm and the tank has a capacity of 3.5 mls. This is a bottom airflow tank so you know the flavor is there. It has dual adjustable air slots on the exterior of the base. The adjustable airflow has a smooth range of motion and stoppers on both sides. The Battlestar also has a standard 510 connection. The 510 threading is smooth and the pin itself looks to be brass but it could be gold plated.
2230c843e2ac0e6d8ebbdbe42a0ae447.jpg

The Deck:

The deck is where the Battlestar really shines. Not because it is new or innovative because it is not. It’s a standard velocity style deck with side mounted grub screws. Where this tank really shines is the wicking and we will get to that in the next session. The Battlestar has 17.5mm of usable deck space. Plenty of space to get some nice sized coils in there. It has a peek insulator and threading around the edges that the barrel screws onto. This is basically a GTA style deck that floats above the base of the tank.
9fdece61abe82b72f6357a3b0c31c33e.jpg

Building And Wicking:

You will be able to get some decent sized coils in here but the flatter, wider coils may give you a problem as the terminals are not wide enough to accommodate those types of coils. That being said I am running dual SS Aliens in it right now with a 3mm ID. Wicking this thing is a dream. It wicks just like a standard RDTA. Pull your cotton through the coils and hang it into the slots. Your cotton should touch the base of the tank. Just make sure that your cotton does not get caught in the threading of the base. You may even want to juice up the cotton a bit so you can kind of mold it into the channels.

But Deuces, How Does She Vape:

For me this is the best GTA style tank on the market today. Basically this tank is everything the Coilart Mage GTA should have been with a velocity styled deck. It wicks great and it vapes great. I have dual SS Aliens in there ohming out at .14 in TC at 500 degrees and 75 watts. The vape is just great. I get flavor first and cloud production is not bad either. Wide open it's a medium draw lung hit and closed down all the way you can get a MTL hit off of it. The only thing is the drip tip is not conducive to MTL hits. If the drip tip was removable then this would be a decent MTL tank as well. With the airflow half way open you get a restricted lung hit off this tank. All in all this is a flavor first tank, not a clouds bro tank.

Conclusion:

Really nice GTA styled RTA. In my opinion it's the best in that class that I have ever vaped. Easy to build and easy to wick with really good flavor. If you are a fan of the Battlestar Mod than this tank is a must have. Why? Well, it comes in all of the colors of the mod. So you can do some nice matchy ,matchy and get a great vape while looking good. This tank is a real solid performer so if you are looking for a great flavor tank that's easy to build and wick then the Battlestar RTA just may be for you. Definitely DeucesJack approved.

***If you found this review helpful please feel free to leave a comment, give it a like, and give me a follow. If you are a Vendor and would like a DeucesJack Review please PM me on this forum. ***

Pros and Cons:

***A note about Pros and Cons. These are my Pros and Cons. They are very subjective. What may be a pro to me could be a con to you and vice versa.***

Pros:

* Nice build quality
* Top cap has metal threading
* Bottom airflow
* Easy to build
* Easy to wick
* Machining
* Multiple colors available
* Flavor
* Conical interior design
* Top cap knurling

Cons:

* Plastic top cap/drip tip combo
* No ability to use your own drip tip

Specs:

* Size: 34mm by 24.5mm
* Capacity: 3.5ml
* Material: 304 SS + quartz glass tube + peek insulator
* Colors: yellow,black,stainless steel,copper,tarnish,gold
* Top refill design
* 17.5mm velocity deck
* All parts detachable and disassembled
* Bottom airflow control
* Performs well with Battlestar Mod

The Smoant Battlestar RTA On Different Mods:

On The Smoant Battlestar:
449ebe98a56f31f820e728f0836fd3ad.jpg

On The Lost Vape Triade
eb59a45e6fba60c7eb5c698a1f79ed69.jpg

On The Sx Mini G Class:
71dd454635c677fe7d2c33deb211fcd8.jpg

On The Craving Vapor Hexohm V3:
4757e4f061e5151d16e005d1319399cc.jpg

On The IPV Vesta:
44e663b08686341302dd7b925c159bbd.jpg

On The Vaporesso Nebula:
b93883cb58b02e838a4c386781984a93.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Full Disclosure:

Let’s get all the disclosures out of the way. This tank was sent to me directly from Smoant specifically for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, shape, or form cause me to give this tank a favorable review or change my opinion in any way.

Nice packaging, typical Smoant. There's a lot of glass on this tank. Looks like there is a space between the deck and the base of the tank. So far I’m digging the short, stout look of this tank.

What’s In The box:

In the box you get a fully assembled Battlestar RTA, spare o'rings, spare glass, spare grub screws, and a blue flathead screwdriver. There is also an instruction card and a quality certificate.

From Top To Bottom:

The drip tip and top cap are all one piece. Really not a fan of that design on any tank. The drip tip is comfortable and does stay cool while chain vaping but I like choices. I like having the option of using my own drip tips. The good news is the inside of the top cap does have metal threading that is nice and smooth. The exterior of the combination drip tip/top cap has some really nice hard knurling that makes removing it very easy. It seems to be made out of a very hard durable plastic.

The fill port section is made of metal and the fill ports are actually nice and big. They are kidney shaped and should accommodate almost any type of juice bottle. The chimney coming up from the barrel is actually kind of narrow which i am sure contributes to this tanks really good flavor. The chimney threads directly onto the top cap.

The barrel is wide and has a slight conical design towards the top. It's made out of stainless steel and has some Smoant branding on it. The branding is subtle and you almost have to consciously look for it to see it. Just the way I like my branding on my vape products.

The base measures 24.5 mm and the tank has a capacity of 3.5 mls. This is a bottom airflow tank so you know the flavor is there. It has dual adjustable air slots on the exterior of the base. The adjustable airflow has a smooth range of motion and stoppers on both sides. The Battlestar also has a standard 510 connection. The 510 threading is smooth and the pin itself looks to be brass but it could be gold plated.

The Deck:

The deck is where the Battlestar really shines. Not because it is new or innovative because it is not. It’s a standard velocity style deck with side mounted grub screws. Where this tank really shines is the wicking and we will get to that in the next session. The Battlestar has 17.5mm of usable deck space. Plenty of space to get some nice sized coils in there. It has a peek insulator and threading around the edges that the barrel screws onto. This is basically a GTA style deck that floats above the base of the tank.

Building And Wicking:

You will be able to get some decent sized coils in here but the flatter, wider coils may give you a problem as the terminals are not wide enough to accommodate those types of coils. That being said I am running dual SS Aliens in it right now with a 3mm ID. Wicking this thing is a dream. It wicks just like a standard RDTA. Pull your cotton through the coils and hang it into the slots. Your cotton should touch the base of the tank. Just make sure that your cotton does not get caught in the threading of the base. You may even want to juice up the cotton a bit so you can kind of mold it into the channels.

For me this is the best GTA style tank on the market today. Basically this tank is everything the Coilart Mage GTA should have been with a velocity styled deck. It wicks great and it vapes great. I have dual SS Aliens in there ohming out at .14 in TC at 500 degrees and 75 watts. The vape is just great. I get flavor first and cloud production is not bad either. Wide open it's a medium draw lung hit and closed down all the way you can get a MTL hit off of it. The only thing is not conducive to MTL hits. If the drip tip was removable then this would be a decent MTL tank as well. With the airflow half way open the you get a restricted lung hit off this tank. All in all this is a flavor first tank, not a clouds bro tank.

Conclusion:

Really nice GTA styled RTA. In my opinion it's the best in that class that I have ever vaped. Easy to build and easy to wick with really good flavor. If you are a fan of the Battlestar Mod than this tank is a must have. Why? Well, it comes in all of the colors of the mod. So you can do some nice matchy ,matchy and get a great vape while looking good. This tank is a real solid performer so if you are looking for a great flavor tank that's easy to build and wick then the Battlestar RTA just may be for you. Definitely DeucesJack approved.

***If you found this review helpful please feel free to leave a comment, give it a like, and give me a follow. If you are a Vendor and would like a DeucesJack Review please PM me on this forum. ***

Pros and Cons:

***A note about Pros and Cons. These are my Pros and Cons. They are very subjective. What may be a pro to me could be a con to you and vice versa.***

Pros:

* Nice build quality
* Bottom airflow
* Easy to build
* Easy to wick
* Machining
* Flavor
* Top cap knurling

Cons:

Specs:

* Top refill design
* 17.5mm velocity deck
* Bottom airflow control

On The Lost Vape Triade

On The Sx Mini G Class:

On The IPV Vesta:

On The Vaporesso Nebula:

good shit jack. on my wishlist it goes. i haven't been impressed with any GTA style so far. maybe this can change it for me. maybe in that sweet sweet copper or gold color lol

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thanks for the review Jack been watching GTAs from the sidelines waiting for one of the companies to nail it, so far it's like everything released in this category has been a beta test with problems of one sort or another ...good to see one with potential....

Just one thing if I may ...reckon you could include a pic of the build deck as well? :)

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for the review Jack been watching GTAs from the sidelines waiting for one of the companies to nail it, so far it's like everything released in this category has been a beta test with problems of one sort or another ...good to see one with potential....

Just one thing if I may ...reckon you could include a pic of the build deck as well? :)
I did but it's far away. I gotta rewick soon so I'll snap a good pic when I do.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When that copper gets released it is mine......all mine! My copper battlestar won't accept any substitute....lol

Nice review as always bro

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Thx bro, I knew you'd be all over that.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
When that copper gets released it is mine......all mine! My copper battlestar won't accept any substitute....lol

that's what I'm thinking too. there aren't many copper attys. i only have 1. but i have a few gold attys. so copper it is for the battlestar and tesla nano 120

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Based on my experience with current GTAs you haven't missed out on anything lol
Can't wait to try the battlestar one.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Right on!
Hey by the way, send me your address so I can come pick up that geekvape gbox s100 lol. Of course vape wild was all sold out when I got money on the 5th....

I messaged them on Facebook and they replied that they were working on a better one because they "weren't happy" with the first one...not gonna hold my breath...rather I'm walking the streets picking up spare change in the meantime until the drone is finally released

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Right on!
Hey by the way, send me your address so I can come pick up that geekvape gbox s100 lol. Of course vape wild was all sold out when I got money on the 5th....

I messaged them on Facebook and they replied that they were working on a better one because they "weren't happy" with the first one...not gonna hold my breath...rather I'm walking the streets picking up spare change in the meantime until the drone is finally released
Lmao. It's a collector's item now.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Other than it having a Velocity build deck it looks almost exactly like the Wotofo Troll

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Full Disclosure:

What’s In The box:

From Top To Bottom:

The Deck:

Building And Wicking:

For me this is the best GTA style tank on the market today. Basically this tank is everything the Coilart Mage GTA should have been with a velocity styled deck. It wicks great and it vapes great. I have dual SS Aliens in there ohming out at .14 in TC at 500 degrees and 75 watts. The vape is just great. I get flavor first and cloud production is not bad either. Wide open it's a medium draw lung hit and closed down all the way you can get a MTL hit off of it. The only thing is the drip tip is not conducive to MTL hits. If the drip tip was removable then this would be a decent MTL tank as well. With the airflow half way open you get a restricted lung hit off this tank. All in all this is a flavor first tank, not a clouds bro tank.

Conclusion:

Pros and Cons:

Pros:

* Nice build quality
* Bottom airflow
* Easy to build
* Easy to wick
* Machining
* Flavor
* Top cap knurling

Cons:

Specs:

* Top refill design
* 17.5mm velocity deck
* Bottom airflow control

On The Lost Vape Triade

On The Sx Mini G Class:

On The IPV Vesta:

On The Vaporesso Nebula:

Great review, like always, thanks again...Jack...!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Np bro, thanks for giving it a look.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great review.
Reminds me a LOT of the Smok Minos.
I really like that one so I'll certainly add this to my collection as well.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Great review.
Reminds me a LOT of the Smok Minos.
I really like that one so I'll certainly add this to my collection as well.
Thx man, it's a really great GTA style tank.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hey jack any word on when this thing will be in stock? My order finger is getting itchy lmao

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I to have a love for copper and Battlestar ordered, now I look for copper Sub tank, I have some awesome Drip tips that will be perfect. COPPER RULES.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here is a Copper Battlestar I'm adding this here to show the color.
8dce9b9c34a2e21124fe4490c7e05ed4.jpg
7eacfcc51de3ba326cfa0bce9b7dcd44.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Oh Hell yeah! Another Battlestar user. Congratulations and enjoy! You got a great mod there.

patgall

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Full Disclosure:

What’s In The box:

From Top To Bottom:

The Deck:

Building And Wicking:

Conclusion:

Pros and Cons:

Pros:

* Nice build quality
* Bottom airflow
* Easy to build
* Easy to wick
* Machining
* Flavor
* Top cap knurling

Cons:

Specs:

* Top refill design
* 17.5mm velocity deck
* Bottom airflow control

On The Lost Vape Triade

On The Sx Mini G Class:

On The IPV Vesta:

On The Vaporesso Nebula:

patgall

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great review. How does this one stack up against the other GTA's like the Troll, fuji or Mage GTA's?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Great review. How does this one stack up against the other GTA's like the Troll, fuji or Mage GTA's?
It's everything the Mage should have been. I don't have the other 2 to compare. Djslb vapes just dropped a review on this and he loved it as well.

patgall

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
well if it's good enough for you two vape geeks, it's good enough for me. Going to order one asap. I have the Troll gta but it was a bit disappointing, too metallic, the insulator melted on mine and it didn't seem worthwhile as a dual coil tank. Keep up the great reviews mate!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
well if it's good enough for you two vape geeks, it's good enough for me. Going to order one asap. I have the Troll gta but it was a bit disappointing, too metallic, the insulator melted on mine and it didn't seem worthwhile as a dual coil tank. Keep up the great reviews mate!
glad i'm not the only one who hated the troll. I ripped it in my review

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you.

patgall

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just as a side note, i'm running fused claptons in the ijoy exo, single coil deck, at 60 Watts
26ga*3 (Paralleled) (KA1)+36ga(N80), Φ3.0/6wraps W1.5*H0.6, 0.3ohm.

It's the first time i've used them but the vapour and taste is bit too intense and full-on although enjoyable. Does it take a while to get used to such coils are would you recommend other types?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Just as a side note, i'm running fused claptons in the ijoy exo, single coil deck, at 60 Watts
26ga*3 (Paralleled) (KA1)+36ga(N80), Φ3.0/6wraps W1.5*H0.6, 0.3ohm.

It's the first time i've used them but the vapour and taste is bit too intense and full-on although enjoyable. Does it take a while to get used to such coils are would you recommend other types?
your tasting the best your juice can offer. it's much different tasting a juice in a good flavor atty. i could see it being a bit much for some.

patgall

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has to be said that the flavour from these coils in the Ijoy EXO is overwhelmingly amazing just a new experience for me having used mediocre rta's and mediocre coils up to now. Can't wait to get my hands on the Smoant GTA. It seems like a company has finally nailed it with GTA's. Things are really looking up for vapers with the dizzying variety of RTA's/GTA's and RDA's coming out. Blink and you miss one

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Has to be said that the flavour from these coils in the Ijoy EXO is overwhelmingly amazing just a new experience for me having used mediocre rta's and mediocre coils up to now. Can't wait to get my hands on the Smoant GTA. It seems like a company has finally nailed it with GTA's. Things are really looking up for vapers with the dizzying variety of RTA's/GTA's and RDA's coming out. Blink and you miss one
yeah we have more good things out now then ever before. The flavor from the exo is amazing

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have looked everywhere for the Smoant GTA and I cannot find it to buy even in China.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors